TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oblivion Mods

Here's a mod I just made: Better Alchemy Shops

Hm? I didn't need the mod manager for the Color Map. They could have uploaded a newer version with the .omod extension, maybe.

The black jack mod link doesn't work for me. I'm dying to get my hands on this one. Anyone able to just email it to me or know of an alternate link?

Looks like something's gone wrong with Megamods.de. I'll look for a mirror.

Edit: No luck. I'll keep checking Megamods.de though.

Someone at BCG posted this mod - No psychic guards. It seems very good (I haven't tried it since I don't have the game since I... nm).

Yea its a shame the blackjack mod has gone down =(

This is an alternative Blackjack mod - there are two out there, competing for your love. Not sure quite how much it differs.

Grab it here!

Author's description:

Blackjack: A Thief's best friend is the Blackjack. This weapon isnt one to use in combat, oh no, this is to avoid combat. IF you bop someone on the back of the head with this, they will drop like a board and wont wake up as long as you dont hit em, or 10 mintes real-time, whichever happens first. While sapped the victim can be looted (Mugged) or attacked, attacking a sapped NPC immediately wakes them up. It works on anything with a head to smack, and only works if you are behind them and hit em on the back of their head. Its a Thief Guild Perk, only Thief Guild members may get one and only through their 'friend' in
    Bruma who now has a few in stock.

Oh man, sweet. Thanks a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by RyushiBlade
    Better LOD Landscape Textures II - Companion to the above mod. This replaces textures along the borders.
    Is there a mirror for that one? Every time I download it from TESSource, it gives me an invalid archive error in WinZip.

Just try downloading it again. It gives that error if the download doesnt complete all the way

Third time was the charm.

Blackjack mod bug?

There's a slight bug, or what I suspect is one, in the blackjack mod. If you have the amulet of somethingorother that detects lifeforms within a 25 feet radius or so making them emit a purple glow, when you knock out someone, remnants of that glow leak through the bsp, buildings, objects etc even when you're relatively far away from the subject.

If you have several knocked out people within a reasonable distance, you will see these purple spots floating all around you even if you don't have a line of sight to the knocked out subject.

I haven't experienced any other similar graphical bugs or artefacts in Oblivion. I have a ATI AIW 9800 Pro 128MB with 5.3 Catalysts.

Here's something I'm doing right now.

Modding in Music from Daggerfall

Download Daggerfall Music Packs 1, 2, 3, and 4 from (sigh) Fileplanet. They might be availible elsewhere, I haven't checked. Extract these into the appropriate folders in Oblivion's Music folder. Battle is battle music, Dungeon is dungeon music, Public is town music, and Explore is wilderness music. Here are my reccomendations of where to put each song:

At_The_Palace: Public
    Dungeon_1: Public
    Folk_1: Short inn music. You may not want to use it.
    Folk_2: Same.
    Into_The_Castle: Public
    Night: Explore
    Oversnow: Explore
    Raining: Public
    Snowing_1: Didn't use it
    Snowing_2: Explore
    SunnyDay_1: Explore
    SunnyDay_2: Public
    Swimming: Explore
    Swimming_2: Explore
    Swimming_2_original: Didn't use it
    Temple_Bad: Ditto
    Temple_Good: Public
    Temple_Neutral: Public
    The_Guild_Mage: Explore
    The_Guild_Mage_2: Explore
    Trailer_Daggerfall_1996: Battle
    Dungeon_8 through 12: Dungeon
    Across_The_Sea: Didn't use it
    Across_The_Sea_2: Explore
    Demo's_Music_1: Public
    Demo's_Music_2 through 4: Didn't use them
    In_The_House_2: Explore
    Raining_3: Public
    Raining_3-2: Didn't use it
    Streets_of_Daggerfall: Public
    Streets_of_Sentinel: Public
    Streets_of_Sentinel_2: Didn't use it
    Daggerfall_Theme_3: Ditto
    Daggerfall_Theme_4: Public

I'm looking for a comprehensive(has all the notable mods) mod website that has a lot of users who also give good ratings of the mods. Too many smartasses that like to output shit to waste my time and I need to sift through it.

I don't care if it's already been posted, I want current links damn it.

Another promising looking project by Qarl. Texture replacement basically.

Natural Environments is an attempt to enhance the original appearance of Oblivion's weather and water components.

Another Texture replacement mod.

Savegame Manager.

Mod Conflict Detector.

BANNED
    thanks hesche. That mod conflict manager is great!

You are welcome. You might also want to try out the Oblivion Mod Manager.

Any mods available that will allow a user to make notations to the world map? I'm not able to hit every dungeon I find when I find them, so I'd like to be able to track which ones remain undone.

You might know this already, but you can place a marker on the map by left-clicking. You can't give it a description, however. Also I have no idea if you can put in multiple ones (never tried it).

Yup, knew that, but it's strictly one-at-a-time, and I'm really after the ability to add notes. Even something as simple as "FINISHED" would be adequate. I had a shitload of notepaper lying around for Morrowind, and I really don't want to deal with that again if I don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitter
    you can place a marker on the map by left-clicking.
    To set the record straight, I was supposed to say "shift + left-click" up there.

BANNED
    So, in all actuality, it's no deeper than San Andreas' map marker? Meh. I, too, have been looking for a way to make notations in-game.

But consolers don't have a keyboard, and notating with an onscreen one is no fun (and bad streamlining to boot), and they can't give us notation or the consolers would feel bad, so, no notation.

(not really serious post, but just hypothesizing grumblingly)

This isn't really helping.

Does anyone know anything about a horse mod that doubles your riding speed? I heard about it somewhere here but haven't been able to find it.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast