TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Oblivion Mods

Damn I was going to post about Illumination Within but Vigil beat me.

I like that book jackets one too but it seems a bit overboard, detail wise.

The turn lights off mod has dissapeared, any chance that someone who has it could repost it?

There are updates for Qarls Retexturing Project.

V.1.1 1024

V.1.1 2048

Issues with smearing and color changes have been fixed.

Link to the Release-Thread.

Is there a mod similar to the "No Obsolete Loot and Enemies" mod, except that doesn't allow random enemies of significantly higher levels? I'd like to continue seeing enemies I've already encountered as I continue my adventures (low-level bandits, imps, dogs, that sort of thing) but I don't especially want to tangle with bad guys 30 levels higher than me.

That's what that mod is. It does exactly what you want

My understanding is that it generates characters up to 30 levels above your own character, as well as maintaining lower-level characters throughout the game. I've been playing with the mod enabled for awhile now, I've run into one monster I haven't seen before that very nearly kicked my ass, so it doesn't seem like it's going to be too bad - it's just not quite exactly what I had in mind.

I constantly play with that mod - whilst you do get enemies that many levels higher, they're not that frequent. Far more common are enemies around your level or below. I think the randomness is not quite that random. E.g. say 10% chance you'll meet an enemy some levels higher, 40% chance around the same level and 50% something lower. Those figures are completely drawn out of thin air by the way. I don't know for sure.

It makes it feel quite like morrowind to me. Now and again you have a job to beat and enemy and think about running. Then again, I find it helps to take the difficulty down just a touch too. My thiefy character now no longer has to spend ages healing after each little fight, but still can't charge in waving a sword around like a fighter and expect to live.

Landmarks

Found this while browsing around. Adds "Landmark" (the little mountain) markers for wayshrines, doomstone and runestones on the map once you found them.

For those of you who fiddle around with textures and meshes folders a lot:

The OBLIVION CONTENT VALIDATOR

THIS TOOL UPDATES ARCHIVEINVALIDATION.TXT WITH A SIGNLE CLICK!
    It checks the "textures" folder for textures, the "meshes" folder for meshes and the "sound" folder for sounds, then updates the ArchiveInvalidation.txt
    All the .dds textures and the .nif meshes will be formatted correctly.

Open Cities: Chorrol is the first release in an ongoing project to transform the cities of Oblivion, in this case Chorrol, into Morrowind style cities. This means that the city is not in some half-assed seperately defined worldspace, but is connected to the Tamriel's outdoors directly. Want to stand inside the city and look out of the gate to see who's coming up the road? Go ahead. Throw something over the wall, then go outside to look for it? If you want. Jump over the wall and run to the next city? You can do that too if you can jump high enough. The only drawback is that slower PCs may have trouble with it.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.co...Detail&id=1019

This will get even better once someone releases a mod to give us some levitation spells.

Ryushi I don't think you've included this mod called Artful Thievery. It sounds like it adds more loot to make a thief's life more rewarding and also makes loot respawn take longer.

Bwahaha. Oh don't get me wrong Convict, it looks like a decent mod and all, but the screenshot they provide is all kinds of hilarious:

You where just lucky and had success!
    Dude.

*wear

I also added some cool Spell Mods. I've tried some of them out and they really are pretty cool.
    Last edited by RyushiBlade; 4th Jun 2006 at 02:28.

Where wear ware.....WERE

Quote Originally Posted by Convict
    Ryushi I don't think you've included this mod called Artful Thievery. It sounds like it adds more loot to make a thief's life more rewarding and also makes loot respawn take longer.
    My boyfriend said he found some mod called Thief Mod. Is it th same as Artful Thievery? Or there is also a Thief Mod?

Oh my god, it's a woman! All right lads, stand up straight! Comb that hair! Got to look respectable for the missus.

Both mods accomplish the same thing, but does so differently. I'll go ahead and add Thief Mod on there. It's really up to the user to decide which he or she thinks is better.

Quote Originally Posted by RyushiBlade
    Oh my god, it's a woman! All right lads, stand up straight! Comb that hair! Got to look respectable for the missus.

Both mods accomplish the same thing, but does so differently. I'll go ahead and add Thief Mod on there. It's really up to the user to decide which he or she thinks is better.
    Ok I just wanted to know if they are two different things. Thank you. I shall definitely download both

Aw, shucks. Just remember not to load them both up simutaneously. Install one plugin and play it for an hour or so, then unload it and install the other for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by RyushiBlade
    Aw, shucks. Just remember not to load them both up simutaneously. Install one plugin and play it for an hour or so, then unload it and install the other for an hour.
    I've installed just a Thief mod alone for a while...

I also installed and activated Blackjack mod alright. But I don't have any blackjack in my inventory.... Or I must get it someplace firstly?...

Buy it off of any of the thieve's guild fences.

got it.
    I thought it would be already equipmed

Updated!

It's been a while since I added more than just a few mods. Since I was looking into weapon and item packs myself, I posted some of the better ones I found.

hmm, I think I've stumbled across a good one, but I'm curious if anyone has tried it. Also would love to know how it affects performance.

The Complete Ranger

If it works like it says, this would be a great mod.

Moderator and Priest
    I know alot of people around here hate Oblivion's inventory system. So, for those that do, I suggest checking out this mod

It changes the inventory screen to an icon based system somewhat like Morrowind's setup. And it works with BTMod, so there's no excuse not to try it out if you don't like the inventory the game shipped with.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic
    I know alot of people around here hate Oblivion's inventory system. So, for those that do, I suggest checking out this mod
    Now that is an awesome mod.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast