TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 271

Thread: Oblivion Mods

  1. #76
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2002
    Location: Ohio
    Damn I was going to post about Illumination Within but Vigil beat me.

    I like that book jackets one too but it seems a bit overboard, detail wise.

  2. #77
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2004
    Location: Los Angeles, CA
    The turn lights off mod has dissapeared, any chance that someone who has it could repost it?

  3. #78
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2005
    There are updates for Qarls Retexturing Project.

    V.1.1 1024

    V.1.1 2048

    Issues with smearing and color changes have been fixed.

    Link to the Release-Thread.

  4. #79
    Member
    Registered: Dec 1999
    Location: 10,000 Tacks
    Is there a mod similar to the "No Obsolete Loot and Enemies" mod, except that doesn't allow random enemies of significantly higher levels? I'd like to continue seeing enemies I've already encountered as I continue my adventures (low-level bandits, imps, dogs, that sort of thing) but I don't especially want to tangle with bad guys 30 levels higher than me.

  5. #80
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2001
    Location: Marlboro, MA, USA
    That's what that mod is. It does exactly what you want

  6. #81
    Member
    Registered: Dec 1999
    Location: 10,000 Tacks
    My understanding is that it generates characters up to 30 levels above your own character, as well as maintaining lower-level characters throughout the game. I've been playing with the mod enabled for awhile now, I've run into one monster I haven't seen before that very nearly kicked my ass, so it doesn't seem like it's going to be too bad - it's just not quite exactly what I had in mind.

  7. #82
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: Wales in 20 mins!
    I constantly play with that mod - whilst you do get enemies that many levels higher, they're not that frequent. Far more common are enemies around your level or below. I think the randomness is not quite that random. E.g. say 10% chance you'll meet an enemy some levels higher, 40% chance around the same level and 50% something lower. Those figures are completely drawn out of thin air by the way. I don't know for sure.

    It makes it feel quite like morrowind to me. Now and again you have a job to beat and enemy and think about running. Then again, I find it helps to take the difficulty down just a touch too. My thiefy character now no longer has to spend ages healing after each little fight, but still can't charge in waving a sword around like a fighter and expect to live.

  8. #83
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2001
    Location: Scoville

    Landmarks

    Found this while browsing around. Adds "Landmark" (the little mountain) markers for wayshrines, doomstone and runestones on the map once you found them.

  9. #84
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2005
    For those of you who fiddle around with textures and meshes folders a lot:

    The OBLIVION CONTENT VALIDATOR

    THIS TOOL UPDATES ARCHIVEINVALIDATION.TXT WITH A SIGNLE CLICK!
    It checks the "textures" folder for textures, the "meshes" folder for meshes and the "sound" folder for sounds, then updates the ArchiveInvalidation.txt
    All the .dds textures and the .nif meshes will be formatted correctly.

  10. #85
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2004
    Location: Mu
    Open Cities: Chorrol is the first release in an ongoing project to transform the cities of Oblivion, in this case Chorrol, into Morrowind style cities. This means that the city is not in some half-assed seperately defined worldspace, but is connected to the Tamriel's outdoors directly. Want to stand inside the city and look out of the gate to see who's coming up the road? Go ahead. Throw something over the wall, then go outside to look for it? If you want. Jump over the wall and run to the next city? You can do that too if you can jump high enough. The only drawback is that slower PCs may have trouble with it.

    http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.co...Detail&id=1019

    This will get even better once someone releases a mod to give us some levitation spells.

  11. #86
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2003
    Location: End of level boss!
    Ryushi I don't think you've included this mod called Artful Thievery. It sounds like it adds more loot to make a thief's life more rewarding and also makes loot respawn take longer.

  12. #87
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: The Land of Make Believe
    Bwahaha. Oh don't get me wrong Convict, it looks like a decent mod and all, but the screenshot they provide is all kinds of hilarious:


  13. #88
    Moderator
    Registered: Mar 2003
    You where just lucky and had success!
    Dude.

    *wear

    I also added some cool Spell Mods. I've tried some of them out and they really are pretty cool.
    Last edited by RyushiBlade; 4th Jun 2006 at 02:28.

  14. #89
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2001
    Location: Marlboro, MA, USA
    Where wear ware.....WERE

  15. #90
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2006
    Location: Gira
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict
    Ryushi I don't think you've included this mod called Artful Thievery. It sounds like it adds more loot to make a thief's life more rewarding and also makes loot respawn take longer.
    My boyfriend said he found some mod called Thief Mod. Is it th same as Artful Thievery? Or there is also a Thief Mod?

  16. #91
    Moderator
    Registered: Mar 2003
    Oh my god, it's a woman! All right lads, stand up straight! Comb that hair! Got to look respectable for the missus.

    Both mods accomplish the same thing, but does so differently. I'll go ahead and add Thief Mod on there. It's really up to the user to decide which he or she thinks is better.

  17. #92
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2006
    Location: Gira
    Quote Originally Posted by RyushiBlade
    Oh my god, it's a woman! All right lads, stand up straight! Comb that hair! Got to look respectable for the missus.

    Both mods accomplish the same thing, but does so differently. I'll go ahead and add Thief Mod on there. It's really up to the user to decide which he or she thinks is better.
    Ok I just wanted to know if they are two different things. Thank you. I shall definitely download both

  18. #93
    Moderator
    Registered: Mar 2003
    Aw, shucks. Just remember not to load them both up simutaneously. Install one plugin and play it for an hour or so, then unload it and install the other for an hour.

  19. #94
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2006
    Location: Gira
    Quote Originally Posted by RyushiBlade
    Aw, shucks. Just remember not to load them both up simutaneously. Install one plugin and play it for an hour or so, then unload it and install the other for an hour.
    I've installed just a Thief mod alone for a while...

    I also installed and activated Blackjack mod alright. But I don't have any blackjack in my inventory.... Or I must get it someplace firstly?...

  20. #95
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2004
    Location: Los Angeles, CA
    Buy it off of any of the thieve's guild fences.

  21. #96
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2006
    Location: Gira
    got it.
    I thought it would be already equipmed

  22. #97
    Moderator
    Registered: Mar 2003
    Updated!

    It's been a while since I added more than just a few mods. Since I was looking into weapon and item packs myself, I posted some of the better ones I found.

  23. #98
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2005
    Location: A Hermit's Hut
    hmm, I think I've stumbled across a good one, but I'm curious if anyone has tried it. Also would love to know how it affects performance.

    The Complete Ranger

    If it works like it says, this would be a great mod.

  24. #99
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    I know alot of people around here hate Oblivion's inventory system. So, for those that do, I suggest checking out this mod

    It changes the inventory screen to an icon based system somewhat like Morrowind's setup. And it works with BTMod, so there's no excuse not to try it out if you don't like the inventory the game shipped with.

  25. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic
    I know alot of people around here hate Oblivion's inventory system. So, for those that do, I suggest checking out this mod
    Now that is an awesome mod.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •