TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Oblivion Mods

Moderator and Priest
    Natural Enviroments was updated yesterday. This version comes with a new plugin, Natural Vegetation, that I won't be able to play without now that I've seen it in action.

All it does is a few simple tweaks to the trees and foliage, makes some trees taller and thicker, and some bushes and plants a bit more bushy. But for something that seems so subtle, it makes a massive amount of difference. It gives a better impression of age, like the forest you're walking around in is alot older than it used to seem.

I'd go on, but I think pictures will do better here than anything I say.

Before
    After

And a couple more screenshots for good measure
    Mysterious
    Damn, that's pretty.

From what I've seen of it, the new tree and foliage sizes don't clash or clip through anything, and there isn't any performance hit whatsoever. It's really well done, and definately gets my highest recommendation.

The link for the second blackjack mod no longer works.

Actually, I found that out last week. I assumed the person in charge of that list would fix it.

... I think that person is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict
    Someone at BCG posted this mod - No psychic guards. It seems very good (I haven't tried it since I don't have the game since I... nm).
    Can't download it There has been a zero downloads....

"We should have had a valid file ID"

Last edited by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~; 20th Jun 2006 at 04:59.

Someone posted these in the official forums, and it's worth repeating here:

Mods that allow you to easily remove spells from your spell list:

Easy Spell Removal
    Spell Removal Potions

Also, my shiny new mod to make finding nirnroot easier :

Louder Nirnroot Sound. It makes the almost inaudible nirnroot sound louder, so you can hear it if you're nearby.
    Last edited by PeeperStorm; 26th Jun 2006 at 17:08.

Wow I didn't even know they emited a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPendragon
    Wow I didn't even know they emited a sound.
    They do, if you can actually see one, come up close to it. It'll sound like either a choir singing softly or some annoying mosquitos.

Yeah, I noticed it completely by accident while sneaking up on a bandit. Ya never know where a mod might come from. Speaking of which...

Oops, I did it again, another mod: Arena Blacksmith. No more running over to the Market District to repair that stupid enchanted armor that you have to wear in the Arena.

But they have a nearly limitless (is it limitless?) supply in that one closet... Don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by RyushiBlade
    But they have a nearly limitless (is it limitless?) supply in that one closet... Don't they?
    There are 5 of each type in the closet next to Owen. I can't remember how long you have to wait for it to restock, but it's not too bad iirc.

There's at least two closests, each with five sets of both kinds of armour in.

The second blackjack mod can be redirected here:

http://byblos.2.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=135

(Nothing to see here)
    Last edited by PeeperStorm; 6th Jul 2006 at 08:08.

Updated.

))<>((

Is anybody using the 'Turn off lights' mod? I can't seem to get it to work in game - I'm finding water arrows all over the place, so I know it's installed and running, yet they just bounce off of torches and campfires and such. There's no readme.txt with the file. Anyone managed to get it working and if so, details plz.

Quote Originally Posted by fett
    Is anybody using the 'Turn off lights' mod? I can't seem to get it to work in game - I'm finding water arrows all over the place, so I know it's installed and running, yet they just bounce off of torches and campfires and such. There's no readme.txt with the file. Anyone managed to get it working and if so, details plz.
    déjà vu - I'm here to ask the same question

I, too, have found that a problem. Though I've managed to disable a few lights by manually 'activating' them. Unfortunately, so few lights are able to be turned off...

Hmm, for some reason the "No essential NPCs" mod doesn't seem to be working for me. Does it work for anyone else? Or maybe you need to start a new game for it to work? There seems to be too many mods like that. :\

I will third that water arrows not working - I think I too managed to frob a candle out but that is it. I have started a new game each time too, just in case.

count me in as well =(

are any of these mods for the 360

can anyone here manage to put a downloadable oblivion for the pc on here?
    Last edited by RyushiBlade; 2nd Aug 2006 at 00:51.

AFAIK, no one has (yet) managed to upload PC mods to the 360 version.

Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the following section of the forum rules:

No Warez, Illegal Software or Scans of Copyrighted Material.
    This includes linking to, posting about, requesting, and suggesting ways of obtaining illegal software and/or other copyrighted materials such as scans of magazine articles. Posting such information may also result in your posting privileges being revoked. Furthermore, we will not tolerate postings that encourage people to violate copy protection by referring them to sites that have copy protection codes publicized (including No-CD Cracks) and/or illegal software. Any such post will be removed from our forums and your membership and posting privileges will be revoked as soon as we find the offensive post.

Thank you, Peeperstorm. nick_m100, I hope you take note of those rules and read the rest of them we have here, too.

Strange.. seems my post was edited (editted?) out too. Bit blatant coming on a game forum and asking outright for a pirate copy of a game. I don't know why people will think that'll work. Still, at least it wasn't the old insult to the intelligence that is the "my CD broke" ploy.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast