TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Oblivion Mods

Yeah, one of mine, too. Interesting. It was here, now it's disappeared. I suppose it could've been a very selective technical problem, but I still have to ask.

HAY GUYS WHY DID YOU DELETE MY POST?

Usually when people go asking for illegal things I fill the whole thing in with concrete and smooth it over. It does say "Any such post will be removed..." and it looks pretty silly if we have all these posts responding to a question which, effectively, was no longer being asked.

Fair enough.. though with your penchant for "smoothing things over with concrete" remind me never to be too slow making payment if you ever lend me cash..

Yeah. I made a guy a pair of cement shoes once, hur hur hur.

'course he brought them back because they chafed, the bastard.

I had a question about Oblivion Enhanced!

I had a problem unpacking my Sounds and stuff: It says: "Put in the correct CD" Ehm...? I have my Oblivion DVD in the drive?

is Best Pony
    You'd probably be better off trying here, where the mod's creator answers questions.

Update: The Open Cities mods are now completed (all towns except Kvatch and the IC) and combined into one mod. Good stuff.

How much of a resource hog is it?

Reply to myself: Open Cities doesn't seem to be taxing the engine any more than the great outdoors already does - and it does feel great to be able to just walk into town without the loading screen, to see the mountains and forests around, to see that there's a world outside the city gates. Definitely worth downloading, this one...

Not to mention being able to ride your horse around town. Finally, a reason to have streets in a city!

Here's one to keep an eye on: Oblivion PolyGone Overhaul. It's an ongoing project to replace some of the game's models with significantly lower polygon-count replacements in order to squeeze some additional FPS out of the game. I did a quick test with a save game facing a pile of rocks, and turning this mod on gained me a couple of FPS plus I couldn't see any difference in the visual quality.

this has nothing to do with the previous post

has anyone found oblivion mods for the 360 yet? not the official ones

Nope. Maybe someone will create a converter like the one that allowed you to port Morrowind mods to Xbox, but don't hold your breath. For now it's just the official ones.

umm yeah.....

can anyone give a quick tutorial on how to download mods im kinda new to pc games i usually use game consoles i dont need it to be extremely in depth just a basic understanding

is Best Pony
    1. Go to the web page where your mod is located.

2. Click on 'download' or whatever that page uses.

3. A box will usually come up asking you if you want to run the program or save it.

4. Choose to save it on your computer somewhere.

5. When it has downloaded, run the program or open the zip file, depending on what it is.

6a. If it's a program, it will most likely install into the correct directory. You may have to tell it where you have installed Oblivion.

6b. If it's a zip file, unzip the contents of the file into the correct sub-directory in your Oblivion directory. This is nearly always (or perhaps always?) the 'Data' folder.

7. Once that's done, start the Oblivion 'splash screen', select 'Data Files'. Click the box next to the name of your new mod so that an 'x' appears in it.

8. Start Oblivion.

9. Enjoy!

There's another guide here.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeperStorm View Post
    Update: The Open Cities mods are now completed (all towns except Kvatch and the IC) and combined into one mod. Good stuff.
    Installed. It doesn't work. I've followed the readme instruction, checked - everything was in place. But after reload I could not get through the main gate of Anvil. Instead of "Main gate" it wrote "Door", but it just would not open....

Strange... I did not have that problem at all. In fact, there were no more doors - the gates were simply gateways. I've had no problems at all and wish I had been playing with Open Cities from the first. I hope that you manage to get it to work.

The contents of D:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Architecture\Castle:

• AnvilAwning_Gate.nif
    • AnvilCastleCourtArcSmall01_Open.nif
    • AnvilCastleGate_Open.nif
    • CheydinhalGate_OC.nif
    • AnvilCastleComplete_OPEN.nif
    • AnvilCastleGate_Open2.nif
    • BravilEntranceGate01_OPEN.nif
    • OpenCitiesIronGate.nif

Where is the rest of the gates? Like Imperial City or Bruma?

Anyway, I guess there shouldn't be a problem with any of Anvil gates....
    Still, I'd like you to confirm/deny whether I got all needed files ot not.

That's what I've got too. I wonder whether you've got some sort of mod conflict. Have you looked here?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Have you looked here?
    Course...
    Anyway, it says that other mods appear incompetible. Open cities mod still has to work properly, so I guess it barely explains anything....

irrelevant to the last posts

my pc keeps saying that windows does not support this file what the f*** im getting so mad im not even using grammar correctly, grrrrr...

But after reload I could not get through the main gate of Anvil. Instead of "Main gate" it wrote "Door", but it just would not open....
    Definitely a conflict there somewhere, there shouldn't be any gate there at all. What other mods are you using?

Wait, I just thought of something. Are you inside Anvil or outside? If you're standing in the streets of Anvil when you activate the mod, that might cause the problem (because you're in the "anvil" worldspace rather than the "Tamriel" worldspace). Try fast-travelling to the stables outside the main gate to see if that fixes the problem.

Definitely a conflict there somewhere, there shouldn't be any gate there at all. What other mods are you using?
    lots, as a matter of fact...
    Wait, I just thought of something. Are you inside Anvil or outside? If you're standing in the streets of Anvil when you activate the mod, that might cause the problem (because you're in the "anvil" worldspace rather than the "Tamriel" worldspace).
    Yes, I'm standing inside Anvil area - gotta get uncheck the mod and get out, then check it again...
    Try fast-travelling
    This thing has never actually worked with me but that's another sad story.... That's why I started using the Nexus mod.

is Best Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by nick_m100 View Post
    my pc keeps saying that windows does not support this file what the f*** im getting so mad im not even using grammar correctly, grrrrr...
    What type of file is it and what are you trying to do with it?

type of file?

I haven't a clue but im trying to get it to my oblivion account. Is there a specific style of file i should use? Teehee i rhymed

Has someone mentioned the use of disable in the console?

Bring up the console, click the door in question, then type disable. Though that's assuming Anvil is behind the gate.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast