TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Oblivion Mods

Quote Originally Posted by RyushiBlade View Post
    Has someone mentioned the use of disable in the console?

Bring up the console, click the door in question, then type disable. Though that's assuming Anvil is behind the gate.
    I don't think that will help. Judging from the reply, the problem comes from activating the mod while in Anvil (and therefore in Anvil's worldspace). Being indoors or somewhere in the Tamriel worldspace when you activate the mod is the easiest solution, but fast traveling works too (usually). Disabling the gate would just let you roam around in the completely empty Anvil worldspace outside the walls, and that gets old pretty quickly.

As long as we're on the topic, here's a couple of bugs/incompatabilities I've found involving Open Cities:
    - The Unofficial Patch causes a couple of problems; duplicate buildings in Anvil, and a "bad door" in the Leyawiin chapel that puts you in Leyawiin's worldspace.
    - One nirnroot in Bravil gets buried in a wall so that you can't pick it.

Try fast-travelling
    This thing has never actually worked with me
    Fast travel doesn't work!? Even without mods?

Quote Originally Posted by PeeperStorm View Post
    Fast travel doesn't work!? Even without mods?
    Well, to check that, I need to uncheck too many mods and then check them again. I'm pretty happy with Nexus though. I can fasttravel inside the closest cities to a needed location and continue my way from there.

is Best Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by nick_m100 View Post
    Is there a specific style of file i should use? Teehee i rhymed
    Like I said, it should either be a Zip file or an .esp file. What is it's full name?

go here

http://tessource.net/files/file.php?id=2118

also if any of you know how to get mannequins i'd appreciate that knowledge too
    Last edited by nick_m100; 6th Oct 2006 at 14:02.

is Best Pony
    That's a Zip file. Download it to a convenient folder on your hard drive, then extract the files from it to place them in your Oblivion\Data folder. If you're using WinXP, it should automatically be able to extract it. If not, download WinRAR's free trial version to unzip it.

also if any of you know how to get mannequins i'd appreciate that knowledge too
    You mean like this?

umm...

anyone know how to change a rar file to esp or something?

is Best Pony
    A .rar file is another type of archive. See that post where I said 'get WinRAR'?

A .rar file is a compressed file, similar to a .zip file. You need a decompressor that can handle .rar files to use them. WinRAR (mentioned several times now) is a good choice.

back to "Open cities"

No good
    It has to be a conflict with some other mods... I tried to uncheck the file, I even deleted it and started the game without it. Then I got out of Anvil, saved, checked the file again, and nothing changed... Until I decided to leave Anvil. While with other areas the mod don't change anything, at Anvil it blocks the gates from the inside - you can get inside alright, but you cannot get out.

heres an idea

if the cities are open simply go to the console and type tcl
    you can now fly

That won't work. If she installed and activated open cities while she was in a town, she'll be stuck in limbo til she quicktravels out.

Don't know what caused it, but yesterday I couldn't get out from DB Sanctuary through the well. I had to use the previous method. I don't know if it has anything to do with open cities mod for I no longer use it, but the problem is the same like the one at Anvil.

can anyone here make a mod for me?

i want to get a mod room that is not accesible if you don't use the console to turn off collision. Would that be possible?

Why not just use the console to unlock the door of one of the buyable homes in the game, then lock it again after you enter/leave?

honestly

are my posts invisible or what?

?!

Wasn't PeeperStorm addressing to you?

maybe

in an off sort of way but it wasn't as responsive as i'd have liked i was asking if somebody could make a mod to create a room thats completely inaccessible to anyone but me and there isn't a door so you have to turn off collision to get to it.

Just do it yourself. There's nothing difficult about what you're planning on doing, and asking someone else to do it will just piss everyone off.

in an off sort of way but it wasn't as responsive as i'd have liked i was asking if somebody could make a mod to create a room thats completely inaccessible to anyone but me and there isn't a door so you have to turn off collision to get to it.
    Maybe it was not an answer, but a counter-question addressed to you. And you blame each and everyone for not reacting to your posts.

EDIT: Oh!

And well, Open cities finally worked for me!
    The biggest fret was that it might be a conflict with Stirk mod. Or Nexus. But I got rid of all mods but a skill-fixing one, Nexus, Stirk, no physic guards, required Oblivion esp and all the official mods. And t worked. *sighing with relief*
    Last edited by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~; 17th Oct 2006 at 07:02.

And you blame each and everyone for not reacting to your posts.
    i never blamed anyone i just asked if my posts were invisible no blame was directed or for that matter even thought of except by you

At least I never dared calling anyone an asshole here

Nick, I would design your own mod. It's a lot of fun to make your own room (or house) and you can have a teleport spell/teleport charm which will take you directly to it, no use of the console required! Another benefit to building it yourself is your room will be laid out exactly the way you want. It makes it more personalized.

Anyway, you can make your own worldspace and have an entire dimension to yourself to roam around in

there is a minor problem there

i dont know how to mod so that may be a slight problem. also if i mod it im afraid my computer will be screwed up again. and once again i wont be able to play oblivion. it drives me insane to not be able to play it.

Greets, first time posting here so forgive me if this has been brought up but I didn't see it in the list at the top of the forum.
    I would really like to see a mod that would stop the battle music from starting the second you are spotted. First of all it's not realistic for you to know when you are about to be attacked. Unless of course you have Spidey senses :-)
    Second, it's an immersion breaker when the music just abruptly stops and the battle music takes over.
    Possibly there could be a volume control on the music that turns it down at random times for no reason and all the time when being attacked. That way you wouldn't know if it was real or a false alarm and the battle music could start as soon as either you or the creature made the first blow.
    What do you guys think? I haven't played with the CS, would that be a crazy hard first mod to attempt?