TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Oblivion Mods

And how about underwater ingredients?

Taking into account that the water-covered area is rather big in the game, growing some plants underwater would bring so much joy for an alchemist

BKarza that's an easy one. You don't even have to use the CS. Go into your Oblivion\data\music directory and you'll see 5 sub directories that contain all of the music that the game uses. The game will automatically use whatever mp3s are in those folders. You could:

1) Remove all of the mp3s from the battle directory for no music during combat.

2) Put some silent mp3s in the battle, dungeon, explore, and public directories so that you never know if that silence means combat or not. Some silent mp3s are available here.

3) Copy mp3s from the other directories into the battle directory so you get "regular" music during combat.

4) Any combination of the above

And how about underwater ingredients?
    How about underwater adventures? Dungeons, creatures, treasures, ingredients, sunken ships, everything! I don't understand how Morrowind could have so much cool stuff underwater, but Oblivion has almost nothing.
    Last edited by PeeperStorm; 20th Oct 2006 at 18:18.

If I install e.g. Oblivion cats and a new version comes out, how do update it in the game?

Ryushi you might want to update some of those mod links.

* Oblivion cats
    I'm not sure if the Cats and Rats 2.4 mod is the same or similar. Also do you know if this conflicts with OOO's mod?

* Life 1.2 f. This doesn't appear in the Mod wiki for some reason.

* Jarrod's Oblivion New Texture mod.

* LANDSCAPE LOD TEXTURE REPLACEMENT - download not possible.

* No psychic guards v1.2.

* More music - guild wars music??? Rapidshare doesn't have the file anymore because noone had been dling it. However there are a couple of other more music ones I dled because they had good reviews.

* Quarl's Oblivion Visual Pack - link doesn't work. The 2048 (and 1024 - do you even need this link???) is a patch for the bigger file it seems to be saying. But the patch is 128 MB...

* Turn off light mod as opposed to the Turn off Lights mod (which sounds inferior). It would be good if someone updated it so that guards turned back on the lights! This hasn't been updated since March so perhaps someone here with l33t skillz! could do it...

* Rare Items mod. This comment
    I tried out this mod and at first it made a great improvement towards realism in regards to the bandit equipment levels. However, I came up with some annoying issues.

With no chance for any daedric weaponry outside of oblivion meant that I can't continue using this mod. Now that I've beaten the main quest, I don't see anypoint continuing playing without any chance of improving my current weaponry. Also, I encountered issues with a large percentage of dremora valkynaz attacking hand to hand.
    Do you agree with this statement?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

* NPCs with jobs mod. From what I read it sounds like it is an isolated village that has better AI. What do you think of it???

* Goblin Wars Beta 3. Anyone tried it? Comments?

* CallSteed 3.0a - does this ruin gameplay in anyone's opinion?

* Complete Ranger mod. Apparently your wolf (or panther) cannot die which makes it sound overpowered... Anyone's thoughts on this? Also doesn't work with house mods comments say.

* Which one of the 2 blackjack mods is better?
    Last edited by Convict; 9th Dec 2006 at 04:38.

Hi all.

I have a problem with Oblivion again, and I thought some of you could help me out.

The game quits at some times, with the error message: "There has been a problem in Oblivion.exe. The application will now be shut down"

The mods that are currently enabled are:

-Oblivion Enhanced version 13
    -Blue Lagoon Water
    -Arrow Velocity
    -Oblivion Tournament
    -Movable Bodies
    -No psychic Guards v1.2
    -Natural Enviroments pack (Natural habitat, natural vegetation, natural water, natural weather)
    -Ancient Yews

Can somebody please help me?

Might I suggest downloading the conflict manager and running that to first see what mod may be conflicting with each other? (Assuming mods are indeed the problem of course.)

10 note
    Drokk's vampire mod makes playing a vampire much more interesting and manages to remain pretty balanced too (at least from what I've played of it). Unfortunately the speed at which your vampire abilities increase is dependant on timescale so if you like to play with the timescale set below the default then you will take much longer to advance as a vampire.

Some people posted comments about bugs with it - have you noticed any problems?

10 note
    Nothing game breaking, though I remember trying to use it with a mod which let you feed by drinking bottled blood which had the effect of making me into both a standard Oblivion vamp and a Drokks mod vamp at the same time.

If you don't do that it should work basically OK then?

I can use this mod without a restart do you think (you loaded it on and it worked without starting a whole new game)?

10 note
    Yeah, I haven't had any real problems with it, though you might want to double check about using it without starting a new game. Also, if you stop using it, be sure to use the console command to uninstall it properly or it will probably fuck things.

Either way, be sure to read the sections on installation/uninstallation in the readme/at the bottom of the TES Source page.

Guys, something wrong with my Oblivion Mod Manager, and I can't generate an archiveinvalidation for Qarl's Textures.

Anyone knows how to solve the problem of my .Net Framework Installation? I got an error message saying some file cannot be copied(Error 25015).

Or anyone here using this mod post their .txt file, please?
    Last edited by Palantir; 5th Feb 2007 at 22:43. Reason: Originally Posted by Convict: OBMM = ?

OBMM = ?

More music

Music expancion is no longer availible My disc got harmed and I would be happy to get some links. Thanks.

Aha, I haven't updated this in a while and I apologize. This weekend I'll fix it all up once again.

Will be waiting patiently=)
    The music is so gorgeous I no longer imagine my life without it

I lied.

Liar.

is Best Pony
    Awwww, calling Ryu a liar on his birthday? Shame on you.

Happy Birthday RB!

Damn!

Happy Birthday RB!

(liar!)

Happy birthday liar, err, I mean Ryushi...the liar.

Thanks for the list Rushi, I'll have to check some out.

Thought everyone around here might be interested in one I found, searched this thread but didn't see it...

Thieves Arsenal (sorry, no link) but it can be found at TesSource.net

It's a very cool addition of Thief elements into Oblivion.
    You get Water arrow to douse most torches,
    Vine arrows to climb,
    Oil arrows to slick, very fun. I enjoyed making guards in T3 eat it as well, the havok physics really make it funny. Make things explode too.
    and Noise arrows, haven't tried yet. Also makes guards have to find you...
    I only played a few minutes so far but it was fun to have someone call me Taffer, then go and buy goods from my new Fence Basso... Climb a few arrows and make lots of NPC's slip and fall.

Now onto some thieving, is supposed to improve that aspect of Oblivion quite a bit.
    Low Poly Guild Low Poly Models for the Gaming Community
    Link should work now :)

I updated the list right after I said I lied. I left up all the links to the Oblivion Mod Wiki--Not sure if it's coming back or not. I hope so.

And thanks for all of the happy birthday's around. It means so much!

No music?...

is Best Pony
    Is your Google broken? Google 'Oblivion music pack'.

Thank you.
    That's exactly the answer I could count on in a thread like Oblivion mods...

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast