TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Oblivion Mods

is Best Pony
    No need to get sarcastic about it. I was able to get hits on several different music packs by typing three words into Google but as I didn't use the original pack, I have no idea which one corresponds to the previously posted version. Therefore I suggested you might want to expend five minutes of your time to help update the thread, but if you don't feel like it, don't bother.

deleted
    Last edited by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~; 15th Mar 2007 at 09:32.

is Best Pony
    That's fair enough, but there was still no need for the sarcasm.

Neither was there much need for my snippy response, to be honest, so I apologise for that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwaa2 View Post
    Thanks for the list Rushi, I'll have to check some out.

Thought everyone around here might be interested in one I found, searched this thread but didn't see it...

Thieves Arsenal (sorry, no link) but it can be found at TesSource.net

It's a very cool addition of Thief elements into Oblivion.
    You get Water arrow to douse most torches,
    Vine arrows to climb,
    Oil arrows to slick, very fun. I enjoyed making guards in T3 eat it as well, the havok physics really make it funny. Make things explode too.
    and Noise arrows, haven't tried yet. Also makes guards have to find you...
    I only played a few minutes so far but it was fun to have someone call me Taffer, then go and buy goods from my new Fence Basso... Climb a few arrows and make lots of NPC's slip and fall.

Now onto some thieving, is supposed to improve that aspect of Oblivion quite a bit.
    Have you (or anyone) actually used those water arrows on torches? I thought I read somewhere they don't work...

Well, simple firing them at the source of light didn't work for me. Maybe I didn't use them properly, though....
    Last edited by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~; 15th Mar 2007 at 13:06.

According to Scruggs,
    Note: When dousing a light, aim at the center of the flames. Lights in dungeons and castles are extinguishable; those in homes and shops generally are not.
    I haven't been contacted by Basso yet, so I haven't actually tried any of the new tools.

I think you sneak skill has to be 25+, then hang out in the imperial city and a kid will find you.

My sneak is 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwaa2 View Post
    I think you sneak skill has to be 25+, then hang out in the imperial city and a kid will find you.
    But have you personally been able to use water arrows successfully?

I haven't.

Are there any flying mount mods? I know they would have issues without open cities, but with open cities could be fun. Well, would be fun even without ;p

has anyone used the "turn off lights" mod from the list? I downloaded it, but its just the esp, so i dont know where to find the water arrows.

I found a flying mount:

http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=6648

Works well, but basically does an autorun / noclip when you mount it, and you can't slow it down (as far as i can tell). Much fun, nonetheless.

Btw, the water arrows work fine for me. Vine and gas didn't until i installed the 1.2 patch

@ Keeper_Andrus: wow cool. Too bad it wasnt something else that was more cool. like a flying machine or a dragon or some other creature.

could you tell me where i GET the water arrows? the mod had no documentation. unless you mean the thief arsenal. i havent tried that one, since I need the OBSE thing but they only got beta for the 1.2 patch so im avoiding using it. but the "turn off lights" thing has no documentation, so i dunno where the hell to get them.

thanks

~SG
    My Thief FM Website
    "Those pies had enough grease to drop a Burrick!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Andrus View Post
    Btw, the water arrows work fine for me. Vine and gas didn't until i installed the 1.2 patch
    So where did you shoot these arrows? At the torches (e.g. in caves) or at other light sources? Did you aim at the flame or the base of the torch/whatever? I'm just wary because of bad reports I have read.

I've only tried them in castles, I know I've shot at the base of the flame and had it work (the case i'm thinking of is one of the sort of flame-in-a-bowl things in skingrad castle) and I think I've also shot the middle of a wall torch flame and had it work, though I'm less sure of where I shot the torch in that case.

I'll try them in a cave next time i'm in one.

Edit: Yah, I meant thieves arsenal. My bad for jumping in at the end of a thread. About OBSE v1.2 beta, I have been crashing a lot more since I got these (up from virtually no crashes to 1-2 an hour). I have absolutely no idea if it is due to OBSE, though, because I've installed like 8 mods + OBSE in the last two days.
    Last edited by Keeper_Andrus; 26th Mar 2007 at 13:08.

OBSE + Thieves Arsenal seem to be working fine for me, at least as far as crashing goes. (I still haven't gotten in touch with Basso, but then I haven't spent much time in the city.) I don't have many other mods installed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Andrus View Post
    I found a flying mount:
    Oh I guess I'll wait for that "imp wing animation" to be used - otherwise this pegaus would very much remind an airplane

I dunno, I actually think I would prefer the static wings to ones that just flap all the time. I mean, big birds mostly soar, right?

I dunno, I like it .

Does anyone know if there's an open city mod for imperial city?

I doubt it. I strongly suspect IC is far larger inside than out. And since it's on an island (in the very center of the map, no less), you can't really adjust it.

Regarding Thieves Arsenal:
    the mod had no documentation.
    The documentation is an html file included with the download called Thieves_Arsenal.htm. Should be in your Data folder.
    Alternatively, view it online here.
    Have you (or anyone) actually used those water arrows on torches? I thought I read somewhere they don't work...
    They work on just about any open flame (torches, wall sconces, fires, braziers, etc) in dungeons and castles. They generally do not work in homes and shops, because making lights extinguishable requires hand-editing of each cell and it just wasn't worth the work involved for the tiny town interiors.
    Did you aim at the flame or the base of the torch/whatever? I'm just wary because of bad reports I have read.
    It usually doesn't matter where you aim. In general you'll get the best results if you aim at the center of the flame, though; mainly an issue if there are statics like logs underneath an open flame.
    I haven't been contacted by Basso yet, so I haven't actually tried any of the new tools.
    Generally all you need to do is hang out in the IC for a bit, wandering between districts, and eventually you'll be contacted.
    A few people have reported this doesn't work for them; an update is on the way which will fix that and other bugs, as well as adding quests and dialog for Basso and other stuf.
    If you have trouble getting contacted, try going to the IC and typing the following in the console:
    Code:
    set QT.framesPassed to 10
    setStage QT 10
    Then exit the console, wait about 10 seconds, and enter a new district of the IC and the kid should come running up to you with a letter.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    has anyone used the "turn off lights" mod from the list?
    That mod and the others like it suffer from the fact that most lights in Oblivion aren't really lights, they're statics - the illumination comes from an invisible source placed near the static light. So without replacing each and every static light with a working version and getting rid of the invisible light sources, like TA does, those mods can only allow you to extinguish a small fraction of the lights in the game.

scruggs himself! welcome to the forums, i take it you pretty much just joined . or you joined the forums very recently. let me give you a bit of friendly advice. when you quote someone, in the "[quote]" tag, put an "=" sign and type the persons name. so for example: "[quote=sluggs]" like that. minus the quotes of course. That way people actually know who you are talking to. Please don't take this as offensive, just trying to help you out. I wish i could play ur mod, but i cant because i need obse but its in beta right now.

No i meant turn off lights doesnt have documentation. im aware that thieves arsenal does have documentation. they only offer an esp for turn off lights mod. thats why i said that.

interesting, so from what i gather, ur mod is better than turn off lights because you are replacing the static lights? am i following you?

~SG
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 30th Mar 2007 at 00:38. Reason: minor typing error

I've been lurking on these forums for quite a while. Never bothered registering until now, though.

"Better" is subjective, but TA lets you extinguish more lights than the other mods. :shrug:

OBSE v0009b is labeled "beta" because it was released very quickly after the official OB patch and SI were released, and the authors wanted to get community feedback to make sure it works correctly. By all accounts, it's fully functional.

I use OBSE loader because some mod demanded it but can I install TA now without it breaking saves and also keep using OBSE loader?

Thanks for answering our questions.

Basso has recently had a massive crooked yellow box with an exclamation mark in it stuck to him. Is there anyway to fix him without re-installing the mod? He works fine for buying and selling, so doesn't matter too much.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast