TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: I Love Conjuration

I Love Conjuration

spoiler:
    I rely on Conjuration and Viranus Donton so much. If you start the Son of the Master quest and dont do it Viranus will follow you(until you beat the quest) so i just summon a scamp and take out a weak fire spell or my bow and they are dead in 15 seconds.(Anyone know any good bows right now i have bow of numbing and shadowhunt right now but shadow hunt sucks) sorry if this is a spoiler

I'd love conjuration if I could find anyone with conjuration spells - only got scamp so far. I heard Chorral has em, though, and that's the final place I haven't been.

I love it too. It's a great spell school. I think there's summon spells in Bruma. Also look in the Arcane Library's Spell making place to find some high level ones. Other than that just look around all the mages guilds and keep in mind there's usually two spell merchants in each guild.

Unfortunately my Conjuration stat is miserable. The few times I do it is with scrolls I find in the Oblivion planes. Have me a few Summon Frost Atronachs and they're pretty fun I agree.

its too bad people like me still stuck playing morrowind who's closest thing to playing the game is reading these forums really looked down on conjuration as the summonings werent very good AI as allies in TES3....sigh........

Never really tried conjuration before.

Hmm, Can you summon more than 1 guy at a time? If not would make a great but unbalancing mod. Walk through an Oblivion gate with 50 Atronachs trailing behind you of various types. I know that you technically have 4 scamps when you have the Staff of Everscamp. They don't do anything and it is quest-only, but still a thought.

Well, if your suggesting like if you have a spell like summon flame atronach and cast it till your mana runs out, then no, your just going to have wasted all your mana just remaking the same creature, at least you can summon multiple creatures in general though if you have multiple summoning spells so oyu could have an army variety ...just not multiple copies...interesting idea, but it would kinda make the game too easy dont ya think, sounds more like something youd just want for show.

You are incorrect. In Oblivion the game restricts you to having a maximum of one summoning spell active at any given time. If you summon a skeleton, then summon a ghost, the skeleton disappears as soon as the ghost appears...

...unless you install the fabulous new mod that I created which removes the summoning cap. It's called Multiple Creature Summoning:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.co....Detail&id=677

With this mod you can have as many creatures summoned as you want, if you've got the magicka to sustain the spells.

As tempted as I am to get the multiple creature summoning mod, I imagine it would be pretty unbalancing...then again, mana is the great balancer...but no, I maintain a point of pride in bieng able to take Oblivion's combat at normal difficulty with a non-combat character and no helpful mods.

Oh, but so very tempting...so tempting...maybe later.

Here, let me add to the temptation: the mod makes summoning work the same way it did in Morrowind. And don't forget that your Conjuration skill still limits which critters you can summon. .

conjuration tips

if you want to get conuration up really easy go to an altar of the nines and use any conjuration spell. Once your magicka is empty recharge at the altar again since there is no limit to how much times you recharge. I mean by an altar of the nines by the ones in the quest where you talk to oracle in anvil. he will then give yo a location of those altars.

Hewlett Packard

I also love Conjuration

What I loves best about summoning creatures is even as you gain better creatures to summon, the lesser ones still have their purpose. It's not like they all become obsolete once you can summon a Dremora Lord or Xivalai. Maybe the weak skeleton, zombie, and ghost get retired, and the scamp doesn't stick around long enough to be useful, but some jobs call for different beasters. Clannfear's my all time fave though. All the Daedra look so COOL!!! And they're not all slow and crappy like they were in Morrowind. But does anyone know if there's a 'summon dread zombie' spell? I sincerely doubt it myself, as those things are CHEAPY tough, and no NPC could handle one... But it would be kinda cool. But a headless zombie? The hell?! doesn't Bethesda do their damn homework???