TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ashcourt T2 FM May 6/06

Ashcourt T2 FM May 6/06

I have just mailed my new fm Ashcourt to the cheap missions site, so I hope it will be hosted soon.
    This was to be part 3 of the coalport series, but as part2 still has a few issues my testers suggested that it might be a good idea to release it as a stand alone mission.
    It takes place underground and because of this I was able to take certain liberties wih DromEd and had no problem with lag.
    There is one outside area, which might give one or two graphic cards possibly the slightest lag, but I ran it at 35fps so it should be fine.
    Some of the switches are WELL hidden so no death threats please (I'm running out of hiding places).
    Have fun because thats what its all about
    My thanks go to my testers: sluggs, The_Pixie, ffox ,Nightwalker and Dink Smallwood. None of this is possible with out them.

bikerdude

early bird etc

Morning

Good ive been thiefless the last few weeks, have had to resort to playing old missions.... Dont suppose you could post a link via one of the file sharing sites, untill thiefmissions has it up..

biker

Oh how exciting is this? I'm trying to save my other recently downloaded game until after May 31st when I finish my oral vista and my final exam at uni...I can't wait! Many happy hours of uninterrupted game playing with NO guilt attached...an extra bonus!

Its up at thiefmissions now.

http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=Ashcourt

LOL This is one
    spoiler:
    for Gloria Creep?

Have no idea how far I am in this but its huge. Its a goody and am enjoying it immensely though haven't a clue what I'm doing. Just had to pop back here to tell you.
    Last edited by nickie; 6th May 2006 at 14:39.

forgive my ignorance but what was the other part to this series besides "Coalport" ?

Not was but will be. It will probably be called "Portisco Head". Just started beta.

spoiler:
    I have broken the boards beneath the elevator and swam through the under water tunnels and come up in a sort of well but cannot get out
    what am I missing?

@Steelman
    spoiler:
    Tried the lockpicks at the door right to the well?

Steelman, if you mean you can't get out of the well, you need to back up a little bit before climbing out

@Ravenhook

Excellent mission, well balanced and beautiful attention to detail e.g. the dripping bottle in one of the guards' room. There are no excessivle hard riddles (except maybe one - see below) and hints are well placed and reasonably interpretable (again, except maybe one - see below).

Just one minor point: The hint scroll for the theater vault is probably not quite as obvious for non-British. I could still solve it with the help of good old Mr. Google.

Ravenhook, That was one excellent mission. Hats off to you! I could have finished alot earlier, but I kept finding new corridors to explore (played it on hard--gotta go back and try expert). Congrats! Please make more. There was
    spoiler:
    one unlockable-unpickable door in a hallway (can't remember exactly where). I heard voices behind it. Could you give a hint as to how to open it?

So-much- LOOT!!!!!

There is indeed, and this FM must have some of the longest corridors ever seen in an FM! Is that good or bad? I can't make my mind up!

Bad probably Sluggs, I can't think where you mean Slingblade, can you give me a bit more of a clue, prehaps a spoiler or 2
    Thankyou all for your interest. I will make more have no fear...but with shorter corridoors..cost of gas and electricity these days

Quote Originally Posted by ganac
    So-much- LOOT!!!!!
    Yes, but can you find it all?

@ Ravenhook... You really needed to sort out the rear of the Harbour because looking across the water from there results in vanishing objects and the water disappearing!

bikerdude

heheheh....excccellent.

...so many weapons..... so much loot.... I actually caught myself rubbing my hands and snickering to myself....is this a bad thing..?

Where is the key for the safe on the boat? where is the key to the door (down the bottom of stone stairs/corridor, near scibes office)..?

hmmm where the hell is davidsons house..?
    Last edited by bikerdude; 7th May 2006 at 08:37.

I've found a
    spoiler:
    switch in the wall of the elevator shaft to the vault but can't see what it does. I thought it might open the wall in the vault itself which I can't find any way to open. But no.

Any clue anyone?
    Bikerdude -Can't remember where I picked up the ship' safe key but the other one is
    spoiler:
    hidden in the scribes office. There's a well hidden switch.

Exact location is
    spoiler:
    under a small crate on the shelf

Never mind - used my brains! Found what it does.

@nickie: the wall in the vault will open if a watcher sees you!

Thanks ffox. Must go and try that!

Now scratching my brains over where I might find Captain Davidson
    spoiler:
    and or the key to the storage room

Ah see what you mean ffox!
    Last edited by nickie; 7th May 2006 at 06:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhook
    Bad probably Sluggs, I can't think where you mean Slingblade, can you give me a bit more of a clue, prehaps a spoiler or 2
    Thankyou all for your interest. I will make more have no fear...but with shorter corridoors..cost of gas and electricity these days
    Note to self...NO beer-drinking before posting . I found out which door it was by bashing it down. It was the
    spoiler:
    door to the room where Dewdrop is.
    Is there a key for that room?

You will find the key to dewdrop on someone a little farther down the hall. As for davidson, try the theater, man that place is huge.

Sting

Many thanks - will do.

I played this (absolutely great) FM and I was unable to find
    spoiler:
    the vault in the theatre
    . HELP!

OK, I didn't find Davidson but feel
    spoiler:
    I should so I can kill him

but I did find
    spoiler:
    a key to a sea chest which is somewhere I haven't found yet

Yorad - I'm not 100% sure but I don't think
    spoiler:
    the theatre vault is actually in the theatre
    I've found
    spoiler:
    2 vaults - one in the bank and the other in the theatre apartments building, up the stairs from the main doors, round to the left and then right and down the stairs

But I'm still looking round the
    spoiler:
    theatre for Davidson so may find something. Feel sure there's more to be found in there.

Yorad - I found
    spoiler:
    a switch up on a beam in the theatre,

Last questions I hope as I'm about finished
    spoiler:
    does the armour picture or whatever its called in the room below the theatre open? And is there anything up the ladder in the storage room. The game finishes there so I can't find out.
    All done now but missing 445 loot - pretty good for me. This was a lot of fun and I'm very much looking forward to the next one.
    Last edited by nickie; 7th May 2006 at 12:59.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast