TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mind Master

Mind Master

Ok, I'm lost here. All I see is buttons and gray circles. I have all recent scripts and stuff, but, gray circles. I can look around and cheat and stuff, but gray circles...
    http://www.thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=mindmaster

Iirc, the "game" doesn't start until you ring the bell on the left hand side to tell the guy that you're ready to play.

http://www.thiefmissions.com/readmes/mindmaster.txt

"Ring the bell to get his attention, ring again for instructions if you desire."

Are you working on any more FMs KOMAG, probably a T3 one?

I had a big T2 mini-campaign in the works in years past, but it's been sitting on my HD for like three years with no work lately. I also have a T3 mission or two right now, but I haven't done much in the past couple months, but I plan to continue those and get them out, probably later in summer (smallish missions)

WTF?!?! Why does it work now, but not before?

Looking forward to seeing your future work KOMAG.

I've just tried this one again and zippo. I ring the bell and nothing happens! I tried it in Dromed and the same thing! Since this doesn't want custom scripts, i can only assume it's not working because i don't have the game patched.

Yes, it must be patched. Thief 2 v1.18 has some timing thing (a standard script, not custom) that isn't in v1.07, and Mind Master used a LOT of them.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    TrapTimedRelay?

That sounds right (I haven't Dromeded in forever). I had to set up a billion precise timing relays to make the whole system work and prevent the player from screwing it up. It still not 100% though as different people's computers handle the exact timing a little differently, but it works pretty well most of the time.

I remember this FM. The first time I played it I beat it in 12 seconds. Just pressed a whole bunch of buttons real fast and ended it. Not even knowing what I was doing.
    "Why, you've done it" or whatever he said. Done what "Mission Complete" How does the author expect to win with this entry I thought. Then I played it again and figured out how it worked. I then realized how lucky I was just guessing all the right colors. Do I have the record for beating this FM.

That's probably the record

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    I can only assume it's not working because i don't have the game patched.
    Don't.... have... the... patch...

Nope... i... don't... I wasn't Dromedding, i'm not Dromedding, but making ze models.

There are a lot of missions that make use of trapped timed relays, so you would need Thief 2 v1.18 (patched) to play them correctly. It's not just a matter of Dromeding

I'm going crazy NOW!!! Tell me the right "code"!!! So I can end my pain .....

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep
    Tell me the right "code"!!!

It's randomly generated by hidden jumping frogs each time you play

Sorry .......?????

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

Komag means, that there is no fixed code. Nobody could tell you the code simply because it is different each time you play. But you could have a look here. Maybe this helps you to find a strategy to solve the puzzle. Good luck!

I also mean it literally that in my blue room(s) there are some frogs zipping around like crazy hitting ramdom room triggers to set the colors.
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

I played this mission a long time ago.
    Back in the 1970's, I used to be very good at mastermind, but I could
    never beat this stranger at his game.
    I may be wrong, but I think he cheats a bit you know.

Komag isn't joking about his jumping frogs. If you know a little dromed, you can actually go into the blueroom and watch them at work and it is a sight to behold...

I should have left my controls set up in the blue room as well, so you could play the game from there just for the heck of it. That's how I tested things when making it, checking all the little metal doors going up and down to see if they worked, with a row of 13 doors that represented the 13 different response possibilities.

I programmed a Mastermind game once.
    Shortly after playing Mind Master, I believe.
    Let me just find it and upload it somewhere...

Mastermind (Requires VB6 runtimes)

It's a pretty easy game really; if you play well, it not actually possible to lose.

Well, in the real Mastermind game you make a choice and then you get to see how many hits are right ánd how many are placed on the right spot.
    I don't find this option back in this game, so it's a bit harder to find out the real "code".

Gloria Creep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast