TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bridge - T3FM 22/05/2006

ZIP FILE CORRUPT

Quote Originally Posted by tiger@sound.net
    Hello Potter,
    have you run something like ZipRepair on the TDS_Bridge_v1.zip, yet?
    (I'm getting at least 13 files missing after 3 downloads and repairs.)
    And heck, just opening one of them with WinZip will show you directory errors.
    That's the thing I got no errors against the zip when I opened it, and the zip DLL GL uses normally returns some kind of error with a corrupt zip. However the corruped movie file is actually 2 bytes bigger than the working one.
    I have 328 files in the new one and 320 in the beta, GL has extracted all 328 files ok, I have played through about half way so far with no problems other than the first video.

And if you have those missing files as functional copies then a much smaller addendum upload, for re-creating the original zip-file, might be a fast fix?

Here's my older version of ZipRepair, if you need it or to compare notes?
    ZipRepair
    Cheers, tried that and interestingly I got 13 corrupt files as well...not the video file though but the 13 objectives files. Which would explain why Tithian was having problems. Although I can actually see all the objectives so I am not convinced by their corruptness. The objective files open ok in textpad (they are just text files basically) with no sign of problem, so I would guess its the folder path that is the culprit as they are all in the same folder.

str8g8, you do need to upload a fixed zip file or upload to a different host as its possible that the problem is there. Although bar the objective files and the intro movie it all seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlyx
    I've yet to... get into Grimworth and DePerrin's (wherever that is?)
    spoiler:
    Its on the bridge

get to the bridge
    spoiler:
    You have a long way to go...its BIG...

The copied key doesn't work on it, so there must be another key somewhere.
    If its the extra large door to the bridge you are talking about then I had a slight problem with the key myself in the beta, you have to kind of look up at the door to get it to unlock properly, way up.

So, based on what I'm seeing here it's time to reinstall TDS and give GL a go?

I booted into Windows and downloaded this thing thinking it sounded fairly good, then it promptly crashed playing the intro . The textures look good and the atmosphere reminds me of Call of Cthulhu - especially the town square . The cheesy blue highlight color is still there and the movements still don't feel 100 % , but this is a vast improvement over what I have played before . I hope the bugs get sorted out , until then it's Mepis Linux and a silky smooth game of UT2004 for me . Good luck taffer .

Quote Originally Posted by JACKofTrades
    So, based on what I'm seeing here it's time to reinstall TDS and give GL a go?
    Hell yes, you should have done it a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantako
    Also, is there any way to unlock the barred gates - the one in Water Street and the ones north of Taft Avenue?
    Not that I remember.

Man, do I feel stupid.
    spoiler:
    I'm on the bridge, looking directly at Grimworth & DePerrin's and don't have a clue as to how to break in. I've looked for a pipe (or something) to climb but, see nothing. Someone please help.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bdkl
    I booted into Windows and downloaded this thing thinking it sounded fairly good, then it promptly crashed playing the intro .
    The zip is corrupt, see above.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdkl
    The textures look good and the atmosphere reminds me of Call of Cthulhu - especially the town square . The cheesy blue highlight color is still there and the movements still don't feel 100 % , but this is a vast improvement over what I have played before .
    have you tried the T3 Tweaker it means you can change the colours of the highlight and improve the movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Slingblade
    Man, do I feel stupid.
    spoiler:
    I'm on the bridge, looking directly at Grimworth & DePerrin's and don't have a clue as to how to break in. I've looked for a pipe (or something) to climb but, see nothing. Someone please help.

Thanks.
    There is a
    spoiler:
    key for it...or actually a whole bunch, on a ring...like a guard would carry

The tweaker sounded a little buggy to me . If it works for enough people I might give it a try .

bikerdude

Best T3 mission so far...???

This is a right up there with the best of them...

Aaah this reminds me of... A night in Rocksbourg, in fact the background is from that mission. Im glad to hear it at the right volume this time round :-) I agree with everyone else, the architechture is amazing, so many nooks and cranis, coolies!!! And considering how large the 3d Scape is it running very smoothly ;-) so many places to hide, really moving & thought prevoking storyline and readables.

Im tingly all over..

biker

NB I also get the movie crashing issue. But I also get a weird text issue, when either trying to read menu mission notes before playing the game and also with the tips in-game. Its trying to display bits of text at once one over the top of the other, which then makes the text then unreadable.
    Last edited by bikerdude; 24th May 2006 at 19:22. Reason: this mission is so damn good as you can see from the lateness of the hour...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude
    A night in Rocksbourg, in fact the background is from that mission. Im glad to hear it at the right volume this time round :-) I agree with everyone else, the architechture is amazing, so many nooks and cranis, coolies!!! And considering how large the 3d Scape is it running very fluid on my Pc ;-)
    Its stunning yet very annoying, as wandering around I can see Sooooo many places I would like to climb. The story is also pretty good and a little sadening (if you read the readables).
    It would be great after we have a working ibt file compressor if this mission could be reused, some of the un-openable gates could be openable and lead to new areas with a different plot. It seems such a pity to just have 1 mission with this setting and level of detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude
    But I also get a weird text issue, when either trying to read mission notes before playing the game and also with the tips. Its like its trying to display 2 tips at once Its like the txt is trying to overwrite itself, which then makes it unreadable.
    Interesting, not seen it myself but can you do a screenshot (just post a link in the GL issues thread), I would like to see if I can re-create that.

Okay I think I have a bug. I have the copied key and I look up at the gate and it highlights, I use the key and it makes an unlocking sound but will not open no matter what. What am I missing or is it a bug?

Sting

P.S. I had the crashing intro as well. I also hit esc and jumped to the mission.

The Bridge

I have 92% loot and 4 special items. I've opened the vault and killed guards. I still need to complete 2 objectives, but I don't know what they are because they are not showing up on list, only a little square to be checked off. I think 1 of those objectives is to find the statue, but I can't find anything else to do.

For those who can't use the copy of the key, use the original one before you return it. That worked for me.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

Well, I finally went back to where I came from and that was the end. I was going to jump in the river, but it wouldn't let me, so I just went home. I love this FM. I just wish it lasted longer. Guess I'll play again soon.
    Last edited by Hope Vincent; 23rd May 2006 at 21:48.

I reloaded and use the original before getting the copy and it worked. Thanks bunches Hope. I just hope that bug is fixed soon. Great mission so far.

Sting

Excellent map - I usually don't like T3 because of the movement problems - but this one's atmosphere and quality is really cool.

I had the video intro crash but ESC fixed that - straight to the game.

I originally had objective problems - just downloaded GarrettLoader v1.32 updater (already had v1.31 installed) and the T3 main.exe replacement. This file keeps getting changed for some reason and each new T3 FM I have to replace the T3Main.exe again.

Finished with 92% loot - great T3 FM - will replay to try to find it all.

Some hints

Vault code -
    spoiler:
    look at the note in the office and bridge statues

Main Gates to Bridge -
    spoiler:
    Use either key - the original or the copy to unlock, then look way up on the doors to get them to highlight then USE

Thanks again for several hours very enjoyable playing.

teemac (Australia)

My goodness, is this any good? What are the buggy problems and the corrupt files? Is it okay to download? I haven't read all this thread yet so I might do later.

Hey folks, just one exam to go now and I fnished my final year at uni! Woo hoo! and a game to play to celebrate at the end of it. If I don't sleep for a million years...so is it good? Is it worth playing? *I don't know why I'm saying that, I generally play all games and good/bad is pretty a matter of opinion.

Just came out of G&P and wanted to visit the widow: her items are gone
    Do I have to restart?

Quote Originally Posted by UglyEd
    Just came out of G&P and wanted to visit the widow: her items are gone
    Do I have to restart?
    The same thing happened to me. I came out of G&P
    spoiler:
    BEFORE entering the vault, that is
    and went to take care of the widow first. When I finally got there all the possesions were gone from my inventory.

I'm not sure when they vanished but I also restored a save game from when I was inside G&P and noticed they were gone then as well.

So is this one of those things that we have to do in a certain order for it to work?

EDIT: Okay, did some testing and it confirmed what I was suspecting. If you enter G&P before you complete the "Return the Widow's Posessions" objective, the item (Toy Soldier) you are supposed to give her dissapears.
    Right before I entered G&P I had the item in my possesion. As soon as I went in there, it was gone.

Not sure if this affects everyone's game, but just to be "safe", you should do the Widow stuff before going in G&P.

I was playing on "Hard", BTW.
    Last edited by elkston; 24th May 2006 at 08:48.

I have updated the intial post, and will be uploading the zip again tonight, this should fix all the video problems people have been having.

As for objectives etc, make sure you are using the latest version of GL and the latest exe that is installed by it.

Inventory keys are a little buggy - you sometimes have to click "use" twice to get them to work. This is compounded by the fact that you need to look up at the large double doors onto the Bridge to get them to highlight ... it's not ideal, I know, but I don't know how to make it any smoother at the moment ... I will add it to the list of bugs for GL though.

@UglyEd: Do you mean the items have disappeared from the Inventory wheel?

edit
    @elkston: just read your mail, seems like this is a bigger issue. I will look into it tonight.
    Last edited by str8g8; 24th May 2006 at 09:05.

Drat! This is another FM that won't work on my laptop. After waiting so long to see this one, I'll have to wait a few more months to play it when I get home to my desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm
    I use the key and it makes an unlocking sound but will not open no matter what. What am I missing or is it a bug?
    You need to do it twice, I noticed this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by teemac
    I originally had objective problems - just downloaded GarrettLoader v1.32 updater (already had v1.31 installed) and the T3 main.exe replacement. This file keeps getting changed for some reason and each new T3 FM I have to replace the T3Main.exe again.
    Just a thought on this, can you check your original_backup.zip and see if you have a t3main.exe in there? Its possible its being zipped up and restored for some reason.
    Last edited by potterr; 24th May 2006 at 16:00.

I have the same problem with the widow's items disappearing from my inventory if I enter G&D. Got a lot of re-tracking to do to fix this. Oh well, deep breath...

Quote Originally Posted by str8g8
    I have updated the intial post, and will be uploading the zip again tonight, this should fix all the video problems people have been having.
    That's excellent news, Str8g8!
    And will they be giving your FM a new home at Cheap Thief Mission (T3)?

And Potterr, how do we "safely" upload or download such huge files?
    (My last experience was to do it, with zero extra-activity on my PC.)
    So, if need be, I'd upload or download large files, only at bed-time. And then I'd simply turn-off the monitor, leaving the PC and modem to do their thing, unbothered. (Packet checking and CRC file checking should have caught a bad tranfer but they didn't, folks?)
    But "first things, first. . . Can it wiggle its big toe!" . . . No?
    So how do we verify that a zip utility didn't have problems with the original file?
    (PS, I've seen plenty of problems with zip and rar files, with differing levels of compression and even with different file-types. And these huge FM files, with a fairly large number of directory-entries and data-types, might place a hidden "monkey wrench" into the mix, before we even upload it?)
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 24th May 2006 at 16:34.

And Potterr, how do we "safely" upload or download such huge files?
    (My last experience was to do it, with zero extra-activity on my PC.)
    I use firefox to download a lot of things or getright for stuff not from download sites like megupload and filefactory. I've not had a problem with this so far. With regards to uploading I tend to upload to two locations just in case.

(PS, I've seen plenty of problems with zip and rar files, with differing levels of compression and even with different file-types. And these huge FM files, with a fairly large number of directory-entries and data-types, might place a hidden "monkey wrench" into the mix, before we even upload it?)
    Good point, hopefully some of these issues can be removed with shadowspawns ibt compressor but only to an extent.

@str8g8
    Yep, it's just the same Elkston mentions.

Administrator
    Just to note that GarretLoader didn't seem to manage to copy the new files into the game directory, and I had to do it manually. This is the only FM I've tried so far that hasn't installed correctly.

Also, I got a corrupted intro movie as well.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast