TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bridge - T3FM 22/05/2006

Well I finished the mission and it was awesome. The only bugs were the copy key, intro movie, and a chest in DePerrins and the other guys shop. It killed me instantly when I opened it. Other than that it was flawless. I only got 89% of the loot so I missed something. Good reason to play again! )

Sting

Stingm - I had this same problem of the chest killing me instantly but after a reload and unlocking the chest - move back one step before highlighting it and opening it and all is well.

Potterr - Where is the "original_backup.zip" that you have requested me to look at? There is a "saves_Original.zip" in the T3 "allsaves" directory, but no T3Main.exe in it. There is a T3Main.zip in the GarrettLoader folder under Program Files. The T3Main.exe in it is dated 17/11/2004 size 6,455,296.

Thanks for your help.

teemac (Australia)

I cant find
    spoiler:
    the keyring to
    get into the shop. Can anyone help ??? Also there is a gate down an ally all the way to the left of the water street area. Is there a key for that?

Quote Originally Posted by teemac
    Potterr - Where is the "original_backup.zip" that you have requested me to look at?
    It should be in the root of your Thief Deadly Shadows folder.

Lightningline,
    spoiler:
    there is a big guard by the fire the other side of the bridge check his belt

scumble, did it fail on particular files or just all of them? I haven't had an issue with it, and its quite likely that the only reason it would fail would be if the zip was not stable.

Administrator
    Well, winrar gave me a CRC error, which could have fouled things up comprehensively. It surprising the thing ran at all to start with. Most of the level was covered in the default texture...

Well, on to some impressions:

Firstly, the visual appearance is quite impressive, and the custom objects are well modelled. The performance is also very good, even in the wide open areas. Me being me, I did notice one instance of a shadow that was clearly too short, but it's a minor detail.

However, I think the ambient light level is a bit too high because I'm relying too much on the light gem to know if I'm visible. In some places I didn't think I should be entirely in shadow either. There is also at least one buggy patrol path where an AI gets stuck walking between two points. So, at this stage I think the gameplay is slightly compromised.

This doesn't mean that it's not enjoyable exploring the streets, as I spent quite a bit of time just looking around - there really is a lot more that can be got out of T3's engine, it just takes an awful lot of work.

There is also at least one buggy patrol path where an AI gets stuck walking between two points.
    Can you describe where you noticed this?

Administrator
    It's a fat guard near one of the large doors - probably down Shale Bridge road? I'll have to check later...

Is it possible to download intro movie somewhere? As many other guys I downloaded corrupted .zip with CRC error in this file...

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Quote Originally Posted by Durinda D'Bry
    Is it possible to download intro movie somewhere? As many other guys I downloaded corrupted .zip with CRC error in this file...
    Same here, I can't play the fm now (damn), but I watched the videos and the intro has a CRC error. It would be great if we could download it separately
    Btw, your artworks are awesome, they are at least as good as the T3 ones !

update

I've fixed most of the bugs posted here and will find a place to upload the final zip sometime today ...

thanks for all your patience, and for the extended beta- testing
    cheers
    str8g8

Thiefmissions.com

Feel free to send it to me; since I assume the file is large, FTP is your best bet if you can use it. http://thiefmissions.com/hosting.html has details.

How do I open the gate on the other side of the bridge....I unlocked and opened the doors but there seems to be no switch for the fence like gate.

spoiler:
    I need to get the keys for the shop off some fat guy there by the fire

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline
    How do I open the gate on the other side of the bridge....I unlocked and opened the doors but there seems to be no switch for the fence like gate.
    spoiler:
    Do a bit of bridge jumping you will soon find a way into the room with the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline

spoiler:
    I need to get the keys for the shop off some fat guy there by the fire
    You need to think "outside the box" so to say. Look around for somewhere you might not have thought you could reach. ...

Direct spoiler:
    spoiler:

Climb over the brick boundary to your right so that you are right near the edge of the water. If you follow this catwalk forward you will get to a window that you can enter which gives acceses to the gate lever.

Thiefmissions.com

I now have version 1.1, zipfile guaranteed pristine, up at thiefmissions.com:
    http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=Bridge

spoiler:

Climb over the brick boundary to your right so that you are right near the edge of the water. If you follow this catwalk forward you will get to a window that you can enter which gives acceses to the gate lever.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks...Mission accomplished. I tried that on other parts of the bridge and couldnt go very far, I couldnt even jump off. So I figured the rest was the same. Silly ole me.

THe movie and objectives works now!!

Thank you str8g8 for the best T3 FM yet!

Great mission, definately the best T3 fan mission so far!

But could someone please help with regards to special loot items?
    I can't seem to find the
    spoiler:
    golden mouse

Okay, I'm stuck...
    spoiler:
    I can't seem to figure out the vault code: I read the note and looked at the statues but it doesn't seem to work. Am I reading the wrong note in C's bedroom? Is the real clues for the code elsewhere? Please help.

Suewan

spoiler:
    The note is in a bedroom and the names are ignasius, louisa, alfonsus and konrad. Check out their statues and you will get the code.

Quote Originally Posted by The Elusive One
    Great mission, definately the best T3 fan mission so far!

But could someone please help with regards to special loot items?
    I can't seem to find the
    spoiler:
    golden mouse
    spoiler:
    Look in the kitchen

Maloo
    spoiler:
    I got the code but why won't the door to the vault open? I have tried using the code numerous times but no luck...is it 4856? Or is there a key separate for the door to the vault? I must be missing something very obvious here to everyone but me!

Suewan

I had to input the code several times before it worked for me, and yes that is the code.

Can anyone help me with the objectives, my screen is all blank so im not sure what to do next after the shop. Thanks

@maloo
    spoiler:
    you have the right numbers but you have the last two the wrong way round ... also, use the reset button to be sure you are starting clean.

Make sure you have the latest GL and T3 exe it installs to avoid problems with the objectives. You will have the same problem with other T3FMs.

but the main objectives are (I'm paraphrasing):

After getting into the vault, you will have 2 main objectives:

spoiler:
    * Make a copy of the Shale Bridge key
    * Return Tyler Watts possessions to his widow in Taft Ave (this will only kick in if you pick up the toy and the letter in the guardhouse)
    * Escape back to the alley where you started

Last edited by str8g8; 26th May 2006 at 12:19.

Clearinghouse
    spoiler:
    * Return Tyler Watts possessions to his widow in Taft Ave (this will only kick in if you pick up the toy and the letter in the guardhouse)
    Where
    spoiler:
    the guardhouse?
    I can't find the toy

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast