TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bridge - T3FM 22/05/2006

its
    spoiler:
    in the back room in the room on the right behind the drunk guard near the beginning

Ok so I end up the mission and the main menu fails to pop up, so I can wander around the map and trigger one more time the end mission menu, but still I can wander off here and there, objectives free this time.

Anyway well done, enjoyable mission not to hard or frustrating (I play on easy).
    Last edited by Martin Karne; 27th May 2006 at 00:50.

Clearinghouse
    spoiler:
    in the back room in the room on the right behind the drunk guard near the beginning
    I have only Widow's letter No toy Where? I cant find.
    Last edited by clearing; 26th May 2006 at 23:25.

Clearing - The toy
    spoiler:
    is a little statue on the shelf beside the Jail cell doors in the right hand room behind the drunk guard right at the beginning. When you first come out of the alley he is on your left.

Potterr - I have found and looked in the file 'original_backup.zip' that you requested me to examine - no T3Main.exe in it at all.

I will post in the GarrettLoader thread when the problem comes up again and try to note how it happens that the old T3Main.exe keeps getting put back (NO OBJECTIVES PROBLEM).

Thanks again for your help.
    teemac (Australia)

Clearinghouse
    teemac, on the shelf http://thiefclearing.strana.germany.ru/toy.JPG
    I not see!

This mission is true eye candy - great atmosphere and design and I still have a lot to do!

spoiler:
    I'm stuck though. I'm trying to open the bridge gate and got a copy from the key maker but I won't work and I can't put the original back. I tried to go back to an earlier version after reading about some bugs and use the original key I got from the jailhouse (before I got the copy) but that doesn't work either! Am I missing something or should I be able to open the bridge doors?

Doesn't matter now. I got the bridge gate open -
    spoiler:
    wow is that bridge handsome - reminds me of Charles Bridge in Prague and Ponte Vecchio in Florence both of which I have been lucky enough to visit

oh, the movie intro worked fine for me.

Thanks for a very good mission , you have done better on your first try than the game authors in most of their attempts . The visual feel , story , and map were all very well done . The audio could have been improved from the run of the mill Thief 3 drone , but the whole package worked pretty good . The large doors had to be walked into , and opened up at a weird viewing angle and the fat guy's key seemed to be buried into his belly with only the tip visible . Maybe keys could be dropped beside AIs for future missions ? I wasn't overly keen on going back to the statues for number clues as I find the movement in T3 to be exceedingly tedious , however that's a fault of the game engine .All in all this mission gets .

Thank You str8g8 !

Wonderful Mission, great atmosphere and story !
    It looks great and runs even better on my laptop (2800+, 9600Mobile64MB, 512 MB RAM) than the original missions.
    I got ver1.1 and had none of the problems mentioned here, apart from the
    need to "unlock" the big doors twice, which isn't necessarily a bug, because
    such big doors could clearly demand for some extra key turning.

But:
    Even though the mission was not too short as such, I now hunger for a sequel of that story. Man, I want to know more about this artifact, I want to punish the judge who sentenced this poor fellow to such a cruel death and I even
    want to help out his widow maybe a bit more (drop a few coins there or get her
    a decent job to make a living). And I would't like being framed - i'd like to at least show that shopkeeper my trusty blackjack in detail.

I feel the filthy, worn city-look is much better suited as a thief setting than the brighter, more colourful, cleaner look of TDS. It really has the look and feel of a rough neighbourhood which contributes greatly to the atmosphere.

I greatly admire the skills, time and effort of you fanmissionmakers and would
    gladly send over some real coins for your work- how about the possibility
    to donate (paypal etc. ?) a few bucks ?
    Fanmission-contents could also grow "richer" if there was at least a bit of
    real money to get for good stuff.
    One or two thousand people donating maybe 0,5 to 5 Dollars/Euros each as prize money, split up for maybe 1st to 4th best missions could help in getting more
    and better and better missions for the community and would leave the
    makers of the missions with more than just thank yous and warm words for
    their fine efforts.

Something small, but well worth mentioning about, that might be a new addition to our "T3 climbing abilities" within your very fine FM?

Everyone should know about climbing those small pipes within The Bridge, by now? But how many tried that, new to me, "climbing into a fork of a tree" within his park area? ( And BTW, those gently drifting and floating leaves were a most excellent "real world" addition, Str8g8! )
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 27th May 2006 at 19:40.

Just completed this with 97% loot - excellent job str8g8. I'm curious though - was there a way to sneak past the two gate guards in the alcoves? I ended up gassing one and rousing the other before knocking him out on the way back to his spot. The city was certainly very different to TDS and framerates were surprisingly good throughout, especially considering the size of the mission and what must have gone into the skybox. It was difficult to stay hidden at some points, in doorways and unlit corridors for example, but that's about the only criticism I could have. The backstory was nicely done too. Always good to see "Belinda Carlyle" get a mention too.

Nice mission. I installed Thief 3 again just to play it, after I saw the screenshots. I just started it so I can't say more about the gameplay, however I really didn't like the use of the default Garrett texture, arrow trails and the horrible nuclear-blue frob.

How can I change that? I'm using all John.P graphics and Minimalist Project Mod 1.4.
    IF YOU DO IT, DO IT WITH STYLE

The Bridge

Help I can't finish.

spoiler:
    I have over 90% of the loot, but due to the problem with objectives and notes being invisible, I can't tell what else I have to do. I took the drunk back to her father, and I have all the keys. I cleaned out the shop, and I took the note and toy to the widow of the executed man. What's left?

Clearing - The Toy Soldier
    spoiler:
    is on top of the 'Widows Letter' on the bottom shelf. If you have read the 'Widows Letter' from Tyler, the toy soldier is automatically put in your inventory. When you have crossed the bridge and found the widows house, look at the table in her room, select the toy from your inventory items and 'USE' it to put it on the table.
    Hope this helps.

teemac (Australia)

I have to say, I really enjoyed this mission but I came up short with 92% loot..where's the other 8%?
    spoiler:
    Is it in that alleyway where I can see a warehouse door open above me near where I get the keys copied? If yes, how do you get there? Climbing gloves would have been useful or moveable crates?

Suewan - There is some
    spoiler:
    loot in that area you mentioned. Mantle onto the big crate then mantle up onto the cross beam above your head, then jump/mantle over to the door opening. Takes a few tries, but can be done. You're in, just look around for the loot.

The Bridge

Big Bold and Beautiful Bridge!

Downloaded it early this pm, and what an wonderful afternoon I've had playing this. This FM must have taken an age to build, the architecture is amongst the best I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by teemac
    Suewan - There is some
    spoiler:
    loot in that area you mentioned. Mantle onto the big crate then mantle up onto the cross beam above your head, then jump/mantle over to the door opening. Takes a few tries, but can be done. You're in, just look around for the loot.
    Hint: You can push those huge crates, it takes a while though.

Thanks for all your kind words. It's a massive committment making a T3 mission, but the thief community is the best there is - so it's worth it

It's cool that some of you picked up on the reference to the Charles Bridge and Ponte Vechhio - they were the main points of reference (also, the old London Bridge)...

Ok so I end up the mission and the main menu fails to pop up, so I can wander around the map and trigger one more time the end mission menu, but still I can wander off here and there, objectives free this time.
    This is kind of intentional, many times I complete a mission and I want to wander around a bit more, so here you can, or you can just hit escape and get back to the main menu yourself - it's up to you ...

I have only Widow's letter No toy Where? I cant find.
    If you have the letter but not the toy, that means you have run into a bug in v1, where the toy disappears from the inventory if you go into the shop before going to the widow's. The latest version at cheap thief missions fixes this.

however I really didn't like the use of the default Garrett texture, arrow trails and the horrible nuclear-blue frob.
    Sounds like you might be a candidate for the thief tweaker utility.

@scgmckman:
    spoiler:
    One of the objectives is to replace the original key where you found it, once it has been copied

@Glaswolf:
    spoiler:
    I don't think it is possible to sneak past the alcove guards, however it is possible to entice them out from their alcoves - for instance, by dousing a torch, or making a sound etc ...

@Outlooker
    Your offer to send me money is much appreciated but you forget how much fun it is for us to make these things. Plus Eidos would sue us(!) There won't be a sequal to the Bridge any time soon - but you might be interested to know that a group of us T3 editors are hard at work on a mini-campaign called the Cabal which will hopefully show what Flesh is really capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by str8g8
    Thanks for all your kind words. It's a massive committment making a T3 mission, but the thief community is the best there is - so it's worth it

Sounds like you might be a candidate for the thief tweaker utility.
    Pardon my ignorance, but I thought that New Horizon's Minimalist Mod tweaked the game enough. I can play the original missions with it, but your mission loads with some default stuff. Has it anything to do with your custom Gamesys file?

Thank you.

Fallen+Keeper, part of that is the actual ibt files themselves. John P's Textures will re-write the original game ibt files to replace textures, etc. This is done by byte pattern matching and blanking out areas of the original IBT files to force T3 to look in different locations for graphics files. However the IBT files for The Bridge are not catered for in this process as John P's installers do not know of FM's IBT files.

However FM's like Krelleks Labyrinth have the textures applied before they are compiled to IBT files, this makes them bigger files but does give you the brown loot glint, higher res graphics, etc.

(Repeating what Str8g8 said to Gladwolf, for a Ghosting discussion)
    @Glaswolf:
    I don't think it is possible to sneak past the alcove guards, however it is possible to entice them out from their alcoves - for instance, by dousing a torch, or making a sound etc ...
    (I'm playing his masterpiece at the Expert level, so maybe I'm asking for it?)
    So like Str8g8 said, above, maybe it's time for some new Ghosting tricks, folks?

Plus, Str8g8 just gave us a new type of Thief's Highway, which I used during a Ghosting enticement-trick for a guard in an alcove. And it was simply ghosting along that shallow canal of nicely hiding water within Water Street, to quickly mantel-up, entice that guard, just a wee bit and then quickly disappear back into the canal's waters. (So, to me, that canal has a lot of the same requirements of an upper-level Thief's Highway.) So like here's a big BRAVO Str8g8!

BTW, Glaswolf, what do you think of choking them with a moss-arrow?
    (If you do it from a safe distance, a choked guard seems a bit lost and dazed?)
    And as a Ghosting edge-trick, it might be just enough for not being identified?
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 29th May 2006 at 00:32.

Quote Originally Posted by potterr
    However FM's like Krelleks Labyrinth have the textures applied before they are compiled to IBT files, this makes them bigger files but does give you the brown loot glint, higher res graphics, etc.

That means that most of the FMs will be played with default graphics etc, is it right?

@scgmckman:

spoiler:
    One of the objectives is to replace the original key where you found it, once it has been copied
    That was it. Thanks for your help.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast