TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bridge - T3FM 22/05/2006

Quote Originally Posted by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~
    I feel silly. This bridge file has all the objects twisted it seems. I don't have any idea what comes first and what comes next. It begins from breaking into the shop - not a word about stealing any keys and making copy of it.I wonder why, for without it I cannot get into the shop. Well, now I'm trapped on the bridge and have the only exit from one side (where I entered). The other side is grated, though I open the Gates successfully, I still can't get through. I'm stuck. If I'm stuck like this for a while I know I'll give up and install some different mission. That would be sad.
    (It's just another one of those "real world" scenarios from Str8g8, mate.) So, did you notice that you can walk on the bridge's side-railings? And did you see a maintance-ledge, along the railing, that is right next to falling-off the bridge? So, let your nimble feet be your "safety" and your "guide" and then look for a "way back-in".

tiger@sound.net
    I did notice those
    spoiler:
    side-railings
    but the idea to climb them had never crossed my mind. I'm hopeless

Oh, BTW, did I say it's a GREAT FM? I didn't? How could I?
    It is supergreat. I love it, though it makes me feel stupid at times

str8g8 , you're aces!
    Last edited by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~; 7th Jun 2006 at 08:20.

Do most of you gusy use the joystick to play the game or use the keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoney
    Do most of you gusy use the joystick to play the game or use the keyboard?
    The second. I never use joystick. Only MOMO when racing Why?
    Last edited by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~; 7th Jun 2006 at 08:21.
    my density has brought me to you

I like the joystick as I've been playing console games for years. The thing is Thief has got me interested in PC stuff and FM's really prolong the life of the franchise. I obtained one of those button mapping programs, so hopefully it'll be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger@sound.net

So please tell us, Aristed, where would you work-in your magical "Single Player fixes" to make this into an excellent adventure, for all of our gameplay experiences?
    Iím sorry but I think I misunderstand you, or at least I hope I do. You seem to believe it is not my place to give my opinion on the gameplay elements of fan missions because I donít know how to make them better? To me that make no sense. If I knew how to make a fan mission magically better then maybe Id tell everyone, or make one. But just because I donít doesnít stop me knowing what I like/think.

You want answers well ill try
    In my opinion guards should overlap/support each other more often so that the player is punished for simply killing guards and encouraged to think more about timing, this also makes using shadows and boxes etc more fun/difficult.
    I also believe the blackjack should be removed as it serves no purpose, if you want to knock someone out then you should have to deal with blood as well as the body.

And whatever you meant by that comment on your decade of 3d gaming, well yes I played doom and wolfenstien 3d to but that doesnít make me any more an authority on games then anyone ells!

I will keep this nice and simple compared to some other threads I DOWNLOADED IT NO PROBLEM I PLAYED IT EVERYTHING WORKED I FINISHED IT NO PROBLEM I ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH THANK YOU I JUST WISH IT WAS A BIT LONGER SO I HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH ALL THIS FOOTBALL COMING UP CAN YOU RUSH OUT SEQUEL?

Don't worry, there's more FMs on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Aristed
    You want answers well ill try
    In my opinion guards should overlap/support each other more often so that the player is punished for simply killing guards and encouraged to think more about timing, this also makes using shadows and boxes etc more fun/difficult.
    I also believe the blackjack should be removed as it serves no purpose, if you want to knock someone out then you should have to deal with blood as well as the body.
    Aristed, I really do apologize about making you so defensive with my "magical" comment. But what you, finally, just said is very important and adds "food for thought" instead of just another "generalized nagged-at feeling" for the FM builder, mate.

And if there are to be "levels of difficulty" within T3FMs, then your gameplay suggestions might just help with the developement of a new kind of "expected" Hard and Expert levels?

Btw, your "guard supporting each other" idea seems to be used, a bit, with the Expert Level of that first T3 OM. And its seems to use, both overlapping armed-guards and unarmed civilians, btw. (So, Aristed, for a working-example, was that a "sufficient usage" of your idea? Or simply pick another FM or OM that you really respect, perhaps?)

But losing the usage of that very stealthy and non trace-leaving blackjack, to make things a bit more challenging, is completely unique to me.

(That loss of the BJ, plus the drastic reduction of carried arrows and other supplys, should definitely be considerations for any sort of Hard/Expert levels or simply for ALL the levels? Which might just "naturally" create over-all better "thieving challenges" for all of our different types of players?)

So, Thanks for these improvement ideas, Aristed!
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 7th Jun 2006 at 19:40.

Quote Originally Posted by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~
    tiger@sound.net
    I did notice those
    spoiler:
    side-railings
    but the idea to climb them had never crossed my mind. I'm hopeless

Oh, BTW, did I say it's a GREAT FM? I didn't? How could I?
    It is supergreat. I love it, though it makes me feel stupid at times

str8g8 , you're aces!
    (Btw, for someone from the Ukraine, your English is remarkable!)
    And if you look, closely, around this entire message then you will notice that you are not alone in your confusion.

So, to me, with Str8g8's very fine work, along with several other FM masterpieces, we "T3 OM players" had better get our "thinking caps" all tuned-up and really learn to stretch-away from all of those fairly easy and standard "T3 OM answers" with these brand new FM game challenges and their "real world" problems, mates!
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 8th Jun 2006 at 07:19.

(Btw, for someone from the Ukraine, your English is remarkable!)
    But thank you!

And if you look, closely, around this entire message then you will notice that you are not alone in your confusion.
    Yeah, actually I was searching for an answer through the whole thread to avoid reposting, and I've learned some posts by heart, and did find some answers...
    It is a good FM. As long as this planet bears people like str8g8, this world will go on, with no doubts I like challenges and this one definitely is

For crying out loud!...

Damn! My internet played an evil joke on me yesterday as my connection was lost while I was suffering another dullness attack not finding the code to the vault. I found the note, but didn't know how to use its contents...
    I remembered there was a discussion going on here about where to look for it, but couldn't logon because of the disconnection. I was really pissed off...

In the morning, what do you think was the first thing I'd done when I came to my office? Alright! I linked forum and started galloping through this whole thread as mad, to find the answer. And now when I've found it,.... I feel awful for it's only 11.54 a.m. and I have yet the whole day ahead to spend at work instead of going back the Bridge

...Where is that crying smiley I wonder?...
    my density has brought me to you

You're really enjoying this mission babe? Is this you fave TDS FM? What others would you reccomend?

You're really enjoying this mission babe? Is this you fave TDS FM? What others would you reccomend?
    Let me think.... I enjoyed The Walk and Krellek's Labyrinth and Lord Raven's Mansion most I guess....

And Special Vintage (got puzzled and never finished it. But definitely going to)...

Starting From Scratch is also adventurous

Look... You should ask elsewhere, cos' I'm not being impartial

Now as I've come to remember all those missions it seems I like them all the same... They are different. some simplier, some longer and less linear. But all very creative. But the Bridge - ...I don't know...it really took me...

tiger@sound.net, you were right about this mission - I think too much TDS. Tnks for help
    Last edited by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~; 9th Jun 2006 at 05:31.

I ask you cause you like TDS like me. Only a few seem to here.

I d/l ed The Bridge. And have played it a bit. I just got Deus Ex IW and am adding the texture pack to it. Have you ever tried John P's textures with Thief DS?

I ask you cause you like TDS like me. Only a few seem to here.
    I like all of Thief series. But I just happened to undervalue T1 and T2 because of a late discvery ...

P's textures with Thief DS?
    No not quite. Do they work on FMs too? And can you post a link for download? (I know searching does it but still... )

http://www.graphics-by-john-p.com/textures/index.shtml

They can work in the FM's if you swap over some files according to John P. I just don't want to muck the FM's up so don't. You'll really notice the diff, in the main game. Especially in the third person.
    Last edited by Mahoney; 9th Jun 2006 at 05:50.

http://www.graphics-by-john-p.com/textures/index.shtml

They can work in the FM's if you swap over some files according to John P. I just don't want to muck the FM's up so don't. You'll really notice the diff, in the main game. Especially in the third person.
    About 3rd person... Remembered one funny thing... I hadn't seen Garret's appearance (except for when viewing throufg inventory and in the movies) untill I started replaying it.....

To me it was and is 1st person

What do you think of the textures? Rather good as are the comparison stuff. I play both, but my first play through was in 3rd person. It's a bad habit I picked up from Splinter Cell and MGS.

Wow

What do you think of the textures?
    They are gorgeous! I'm downlosding the archive now.

Bu it's just for some experience - I think after trying them for some time I'll get back to the original skins...

You know.... I find imperfect skins very mind-creative if I may say so... When it's perfect you dont have any space to fantasize, because everything is decided and designed for you. On the contrary, seeing and imagining something among the rough lines may create such a beautiful world the best quality graphics wouldn't compare with.... f you see what I mean....

Anyways, I think we're way offtopping here...
    Last edited by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~; 9th Jun 2006 at 07:41.

I prefer using the texture pack as the graphics have been downgraded as the Xbox version wouldn't handle the textures and they worked in conjunction to release both.

These textures are just too good...

naah, I thought better of it.... I just won't get used to these textures... They are way too combed. And Garret's face is absolutely different from what I've got used to imagine

Bet you thought of him as Brad Pitt Dunno. They add character to the face aswell as the fact that the PC should've had a better looking version to begin with. It's all personal opinion anyway. Enough sidetracking my friend.

I'm all progressive and in the last fashion, but when it comes to Thief I sometimes may sound like an old fart

Hate Brad Pitt. Name as well as character & look

Don't you mean smell like an old fart?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast