Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bridge - T3FM 22/05/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoney
    Don't you mean smell like an old fart?
    No, exactly SOUND

How does one sound?

How does one sound?
    Like when one farts... you know... releases some air.... damn! I don't know other words for that

I know that. Just wondering what an old one sounds like...

I know that. Just wondering what an old one sounds like...
    you're evil

I'm starting to have the shakes like a drug addict!... And they wouldn't let me go home to play
    Last edited by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~; 9th Jun 2006 at 09:06.

Since D/Ling these excellent FM's I have the same feeling. I'm gonna play Deus Ex IW first though. I want to concentrate fully on Gazza.

God! My math skills seem to vanish the day I graduated from school
    spoiler:
    I can't figure how to number those statues! Should I include those who's names are not on the list? Shouldn't? I tried both. I tried different directions of counting.... Damn vault won't open!

Quote Originally Posted by elkston
    Okay, did some testing and it confirmed what I was suspecting. If you enter G&P before you complete the "Return the Widow's Posessions" objective, the item (Toy Soldier) you are supposed to give her dissapears.
    Right before I entered G&P I had the item in my possesion. As soon as I went in there, it was gone.

Not sure if this affects everyone's game, but just to be "safe", you should do the Widow stuff before going in G&P..
    Oh man, oh man, oh man!!!!!

Will have to replay it I guess...
    Last edited by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~; 9th Jun 2006 at 16:12.

Quote Originally Posted by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~
    God! My math skills seem to vanish the day I graduated from school
    spoiler:
    I can't figure how to number those statues! Should I include those who's names are not on the list? Shouldn't? I tried both. I tried different directions of counting.... Damn vault won't open!
    sanity:

Concerning those statues
    spoiler:
    HINT: It's not the placement or the numbering of the statues, it's something else about those statues.

A bigger hint:
    spoiler:
    Read the name plates on the statues.

oh... this FM drives me crazzzy!

EDIT:
    spoiler:
    Of course! Their goddam names!
    Last edited by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~; 10th Jun 2006 at 17:26.

oh... this FM drives me crazzzy!
    EDIT:
    spoiler:
    Of course! Their goddam names!
    To maintain some very important sanity and needed game-enjoyment.

And to hopefully cross-over all language differences with their various usage of numbers, here are the Statue-names with their numbers for the Vault's combination: Ignatius the Fourth=4, Louisa the Eighth=8, Alfonsus the 6th=6, Konrad the V=5. (And they work in that order of 4,8,6,5.)
    (Btw, not every country or language bothers with Roman numerials.)

But if you are still having problems with that "working combination", then like the "disappearing toy" problem, I would start to suspect T3's "traveling inventory" of losing not only inventory items, but also our "inventory" of Objectives being lost from a simular inventory-slot overlay problem?
    (And that could get technically thick, quick, mates!)

But if we are lucky, it might just boil-down to this simple principle. . .
    If you have a "special item", in inventory, that leads to its own special side-objective then simply do that side-objective, first or risk losing that "special item" from an overlay problem during the "primary objective(s)"?
    Ps, I really enjoy Krelleks Labyrinth, especially for its technical creativity! But it can easily have this same sort of inventory and objective overlay-problem in a heart beat, folks.
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 10th Jun 2006 at 20:33.

spoiler:
    I succeeded in opening the vault - that's what I was trying to say

I began all over again and followed the order, so no stuff disappeared from my inventory. Everything seems to be clear...

The only problem I seem to have is
    spoiler:
    I can't find that golden mouse in the kitchen...Nothing in the place that looks more kitchen than where I am now - and there's no mouse, believe me
    Last edited by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~; 11th Jun 2006 at 06:05.
    my density has brought me to you

spoiler:
    I succeeded in opening the vault - that's what I was trying to say

I began all over again and followed the order, so no stuff disappeared from my inventory. Everything seems to be clear...

The only problem I seem to have is
    spoiler:
    I can't find that golden mouse in the kitchen...Nothing in the place that looks more kitchen than where I am now - and there's no mouse, believe me
    spoiler:
    It's hidden behind som crates in the corner next to the shelf

Unfortunately....
    spoiler:
    Would you see this mess I've don here! All the crates are being thrown in the center...and still no mouse....

A bug?

Unfortunately....
    spoiler:
    Would you see this mess I've don here! All the crates are being thrown in the center...and still no mouse....

A bug?
    Well, believe it or not, I was crouching and slowly panning a totally cleared floor, while using the first-person-view and I still couldn't see the mouse. (And then, very blindly, I finally right-clicked and grabbed that invisible little critter, out of his very dark corner or "hole" in the kitchen wall, anyway!)

will try that right after Grand Prix

EDIT: Couldn't wait and did it!!!!! Found the little beast!

How did tou ever guess??? "Real life" thinking?

EDIT AGAIN: Anyway, that's the best consolation after Renault winning at Silverstone
    Last edited by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~; 11th Jun 2006 at 08:33.

just to be clear, there should be no bugs regarding vanishing inventory in the 1.1 download ... that was definately fixed.

sorry about the mouse it is kinda hard to find, I think because it's location blocks the loot glint,
    spoiler:
    plus it's on the floor, away from "eye level" ...

I'm honoured by your choice of desktop ... if you want a higher res image, you can find the original digital painting on my website ... but it doesn't have all the rain and stuff I added in the video.

BLACKJACKS -- You taffers who think we thieves don't need our clubs are entitled to your own opinions. I, personally, LOVE my blackjack and when I have a problem finding it in a mission, I feel lost. In T1/T2, I keep the BJ in my hand most of the time. It's very convenient for getting up when you're crouching.
    Also, being an older female thief, I don't like killing and the sight of blood. So, it's nice to be able to give the guards a little bump on the noggin to get them off my back. So please, don't even think of getting rid of my blackjack.

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by str8g8
    sorry about the mouse
    I bet you are!

Quote Originally Posted by str8g8
    I'm honoured by your choice of desktop ... if you want a higher res image, you can find the original digital painting on my website ... but it doesn't have all the rain and stuff I added in the video.
    Well, I'm honoured by my choice of desktop too
    And it's visually perfect. That's exactly the way I like it, in the video.
    Clearness and details leave no space for imagination, as I said before. And this one's just mind-blowing!

BTW, the FM's done .... :'(
    Last edited by ~s:a:n:i:t:y~; 13th Jun 2006 at 04:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope Vincent
    BLACKJACKS -- You taffers who think we thieves don't need our clubs are entitled to your own opinions. I, personally, LOVE my blackjack and when I have a problem finding it in a mission, I feel lost. In T1/T2, I keep the BJ in my hand most of the time. It's very convenient for getting up when you're crouching.
    Also, being an older female thief, I don't like killing and the sight of blood. So, it's nice to be able to give the guards a little bump on the noggin to get them off my back. So please, don't even think of getting rid of my blackjack.

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent
    That was some great passion for your BlackJack, Hope. . .
    (Well, I kind of liked it.)

So, here's what they need to do with T3 FMs, instead of getting-rid of the BJ.
    (And real "guard duty" has probably been this way, ever since its creation.)

Guards will always keep track of each other, along with their areas.

And then if one is missing, could an alarm go-up for all of our T3 guards?
    (They keep track of items and lights and will go on alert for those, already.)

BUT are T3 guards smart enough to realize that one of their number is missing?

So should a "missing guard", no body or blood evidence, equal a level-1 alert?
    And then "found blood, only" equals a level-2 alert?
    And a "found body of anyone" equals a level-3 alert?

(See what knowing zero about T3Edit, can do to your imagination?)

tiger@sound.net , that golden creature won't let me be! Can you remember how you ever came to realize it's there? Pleeaase

Str8g8. this was an awesome mission. I have just finished it and i was more than impressed. i think I must have spent 20 minutes in the little grove near the fountain watching those floating leaves. the only thing I would say to the negative for this mission was that the guard density was a bit low. I'm not a very good thief and I had no trouble evading and then BJ'ing all the guards. i had a hard time finding my way all the way across the bridge but I spent three hours trying to get onto the roofs to take the "Thieves' Highway" I was convinced must be there. i LOVED the climable pipes and you gotta love an FM with cut-scenes. indeed a thing of beauty and efficiency. i was amazed that such a large mission played so smoothly. I had to lower the vertex settings to get "All the World's a Stage" to play. the T3 FM's just keep getting better I can't wait to see what comes out next, hopefully future FM creaters will take after your example and we'll move back into the world of classic Thief but with better graphics. thank you for using the inventory keys. i never liked the non-inventory kind.
    thank you so much

Sanity, I have gotten in the habbit of scanning along walls and corners and other likely places (especially around furniture) while rapidly clicking right mouse button. that's how i found the mouse. never saw it just picked it up. it's kinda like when you're looking for something but can't see the area you're searching, you use your hands to feel around. not long ago in a T2 FM I opened a safe and removed the loot within through a wall.

It is a great mission. I wished for more exploration like that one place where you find some loot up high Also the number of doors that need to be picked completely is a bit too much. Please don't take this as an insult, as you have far more talent then me.

Nobody, did you get a chance to climb-up a tree or two?
    (Those gently drifting leaves, at first, really got my attention.)
    But actually standing in the fork of tree, almost knocked me out of it!

And that "mysterious Thief's Highway" has become a small fetish for me, also.
    T3 Climbing and that Thief's Highway idea
    (I did a lot of climbing-investigations but I'm just a novice at T3, you know.)
    So would you accept his channel on Water Street as a Thief's Highway of sorts?
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 14th Jun 2006 at 05:49.

I should say again I appreciate all feedback, positive or otherwise ... that's what helps us to make better missions after all. Obviously, there is always room for improvement ... and if I had more time I wanted to do just as you say; add a few more patrols, and places to explore. My original design had a few more shops on the bridge to break into, of which only the signs remain ...

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast