TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Mission Listing by Type. (Ie. Horror, Mansion, City, Most recommended, etc) WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post

EDIT: thought of some more Jail/Prison missions:
    - A Love Story (I) starts out that way,
    - Breakout (4-day mission),
    - Paweuek's Craigscleft,
    - Rescue!,
    - The Cell Next Door,
    - The Hashishans,
    - Volcano Island Prison Facility.

Nice. TY. Will add within the week.

How much spare time you got?

Thought of some possible Castle Missions:
    - Citadel Of Wrath-Amon,
    - Fortress By The Sea,
    - Freedom For Nepumuk,
    - Konkurrenten,
    - Profane Ascension,
    - Ranstall Keep (or maybe under 'Horror'?),
    - Sir William's Keep,
    - The Trickster's Castle.

(if you're getting sick of this, just say... )

EDIT: several of the Dracula series, & Elizabeth Bathory chpts II & III are set in castles - or should these be kept together, under 'Horror'?

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    How much spare time you got?

Thought of some possible Castle Missions:
    - Citadel Of Wrath-Amon,
    - Fortress By The Sea,
    - Freedom For Nepumuk,
    - Konkurrenten,
    - Profane Ascension,
    - Ranstall Keep (or maybe under 'Horror'?),
    - Sir William's Keep,
    - The Trickster's Castle.

(if you're getting sick of this, just say... )

EDIT: several of the Dracula series, & Elizabeth Bathory chpts II & III are set in castles - or should these be kept together, under 'Horror'?
    Depends on if that is also an overwhelming theme. Lots can fit into more than one category, and do. I haven't gotten to those yet. I was considering The Bathory series, but the main site says "under review", and I assume that means they are being updated, so I figure I'll wait to play them.

Spare time, lol. Depends on several things. How many tech calls I get a day; whether I'm working on creating something artistic. Usually I can manage an FM every day or so, playing them (Lord Alan's Fortress took me 3). Searching for FM threads, links and screenshots and then posting them takes mebbe 5-15 mins an FM.

Nope, not getting sick of it. This list both provides a service, and on a selfish note, gives me tons of playing suggestions. Besides, I have fun making lists, lol.
    Last edited by kamyk; 7th Oct 2008 at 03:41.

Quote Originally Posted by kamyk View Post
    For some reason it keeps giving me the first mission of T2 when I go to play it... Is it Darkloader only or something?
    Underground Escape - just d/l & replayed this; worked fine in DL for me.

Sorry if I confused before - it's neither a sewers or jail/prison mission, it's actually a Mechanist mission, mostly.

Archivist
    Cave/Underground tunnels
    ---------------------
    Scepter of Dor Am'al Part 1: Shipwreack
    Greyfeather Gems Part 2: Rodamill
    Just Friends Part 1
    The Skygem Connection
    Shadows of Eidolon
    The Mask of Agamemnon
    Through No Vault of My Own (SSR Contest)

Keep up the good work, kamyk

Keeper of FMs

This is a great resource kamyk. Thanks for putting it together and keeping at it!

Castle Missions:
    - Bafford's Last Stand
    - Stronghold (in part)
    Church / Cathedral:
    - Cathedral Of The Damned
    - Gerrard's Temple
    - Keeper Of The Prophecies, pts 3 & 5
    - Return To Dark Temple
    - The Cathedral
    - The Creepy Temple
    - The Mechanist Cathedral
    - The Skull Of St Yora
    Hammerite:
    - Broken Hammers
    - Curse Of The Hammerites
    - Gerrard's Temple
    - Hammerite Brutality
    - Hedgerows & Hammerites
    - So Long Hammers!
    Horror:
    - A Small Black-Out
    Jail / Prison:
    - A Friend In Need
    Keeper Missions:
    - Graduation Day
    - What Lies Below
    Lost Civilisations:
    - Frozen Mines
    - Mask Of Agememnon
    - maybe Abysses & Bloody Ruins under this heading?
    Mechanists:
    - Assault At The Gas Station
    - Bad Blood
    - Dangerous Conditions
    - Deep Trouble
    - Dirty Business
    - Gearheart
    - Island Of Iron, pt 1
    - Island Of Iron. pt 2
    - Karras' Diary
    - Karrassinian Threat
    - Keeper Investigations
    - Mech Bank
    - Quick Cash
    - Search For Crom's Blade
    - Skylab
    - Space Thief
    - Stronghold (in part)
    - The Clean Out
    - The Dead Of Winter
    - The Mechanist Cathedral
    - The Skull Of St Yora
    - Underground Escape
    - Your Last Breath
    Pagan / Outdoor:
    - Bloodmist Tower
    - FaBT 5: Old Tribe
    - The Great Tree
    - The Hole
    Thieves' Highway / Rooftops:
    - Bad Debts
    - Keeper Investigations
    - The Time That Has Passed
    - Unfinished Business
    Seasonal / Holiday:
    - A Winter Holiday
    OM Mod / Port:
    - Bafford's Curse
    - Lord Fishkill's Curse
    Hardest:
    - LaFrenier, Real Criminal Boss
    - Rebellion Of The Builder
    Series / Multi-Mission:
    - A Love Story, pts I, II, III, IV
    - Calendra's Legacy
    - Dracula
    - Keeper Of The Prophecies
    - Lady Lotti Saga
    - Ruins Of Originia
    - The Lord Ashton series
    - The Night Falcon series
    - The Night Watch

I've tried not to double-up on other lists posted here. Then again, lots of FM's range across several categories (e g What Lies Below; Horror, Keeper, Sewers, Must Play).

Anyway, leave you to get on with it...
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 26th Feb 2009 at 20:56. Reason: added a few

Archivist
    Benny missions
    Castle/Keep
    Thieves Highway/Rooftop missions
    Heading Out

Sorry to anyone who cares for falling behind on this. RL has reared it's nasty head at me again. Will try to get more work done on my list as I can...

Tags?

It seems like plain classification is too straight and limits itself to a very narrow way.

I guess someone suggested it already but let me double it if so.
    We can associate FM's with more than 1 keyword. It'll be more effective to set several tags for each mission, i.e. place (mansion, city, castle,caves), enemies (mechanists, pagans, beasts), so-much-disturbing-for-someone undead presence, setting and realms and so on. Also Authors, contests and series tags may be applied.

Unfortunately I've played only about 10 classical FMs to contribute some efforts to realize this approach but it can be done even with classifications given on previous 3 thread pages.

And yes, I need it too because it's hard to find out what FM to play first when there's so much yummy missions around the community.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    I agree. Tags would be useful, especially multiple tags for different settings and "genre" (for lack of a better word- horror would be one, another one, just an example, would be heist ala Bafford or Assassins, so on and so forth.) An FM like, oh, The Inverted Manse would have the Horror genre (and only that, heh) with Hammerite/Factory/Pagan settings.

You could also have tags for unique characteristics such as a Non-Garrett Player Character (Shadows of Eidolon, A Debt Repaid, Dead of Winter, etc.) or its status as a contest FM.

Semi-Update and an explanation

I have added a contest section listing all the contests and entries, as it seems to be a very popular category atm. I had thought about doing so before, and had a few requests to do so, so... I am afraid it will take me quite a bit longer to add links for them all however for several reasons. I generally tend to keep things to myself, which probably makes me a vague online entity most of the time. I have decided to be human and explain why I seem to have been mostly neglecting my list for the last few months.

Without embellishment:
    Got laid off my job as tech support due to outsourcing and the economy.
    Lost my medical coverage. I am partially disabled and can't get a lot of medications I need, including ones that keep me emotionally stable, ones for ADD, ones for insomnia, and some for various physical ailments as well.
    My landlord is providing me with a wonderful holiday scrooge type eviction.
    I am going to court over the matter.
    I am also packing, and apartment hunting for myself and my cat, because I doubt I will do more than delay my eviction.
    I am currently scrambling with odd jobs, plasma donation, doing some commisioned art, and trying to create virtual goods to open a store on Secondlife in an attempt to boost my lack of funds.
    I have a modding project in the works for Rollercoaster Tycoon 3.
    I am just plain out and out burnt out on Thief atm, because I played missions for a few months updating my list at a rate of 1 every 1-2 days. Some of them were not enjoyable.

So... I am still keeping an eye on what happens here, and what should be added to my list, but I REALLY don't have the time or effort (in that order) to fully update it complete with links just atm. To give a time reference - it took me an hour just to list all the contests and entries with no additional details. Searching links and threads for them would probably take me a few days per contest in some cases, if that's all I did. A few weeks at least if I spent an hour or so a day. I haven't even had time to play Deceptive Perceptions 2 yet - Something I have been anticipating for a few years at least.

In any other circumstances I would be gratified that my list apparently is becoming noticed, used, and appreciated. :/ I am keeping track of what needs to be done with it... I expect most of this RL bullshit to sort itself out by sometime in January, and hope to go back to full time updating it then. I suppose I feel like an explantion is owed because being an active member with a sticky IS a responsibility, just... Anyways, this explanation will either make me a RL person to some of you, and hopefully understand why I am not updating much at present, or it will just make some of you think "O----kay then". Whichever.
    Last edited by kamyk; 16th Dec 2008 at 01:57.

jtr7
    Ah man. Well, certainly the priority is you and your cat. Take care, you two, and thanks for an explanation for explanation's sake--grimness aside.

Clearinghouse
    kamyk, wrong link for Contests - Thief Contest Collection Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    kamyk, wrong link for Contests - Thief Contest Collection Thread.
    Ack! Had < a href= twice in the link :/ Thanks for pointing it out...

I really sorry to hear you've having such a hard time of things at the moment. Hang in there and hopefully, your situation will improve soon.

Sorry to hear about your situation kamyk. Thanks for letting the community know and for all your work on this thread. It is a very useful one. Take care, good luck and know that our thoughts and best wishes are with you.

Clearinghouse
    Certainly, need to add in Hardest FMs The Night Watch by Fidcal.

Might want to add my first FM, Mystic Gems I, to mansion mission list .

Hey there kamyk,

Just wondering if everything is ok. Hang on man.

Immortal

Thanks man. Moving day is upon us. Will be dealing with all that tomorrow. Probably won't have internet for a week or so, but then things should be all settled, and then maybe I can get back to work on my list. Just want to say thanks to the users who have posted, or PMd support to me, should be over and done with soon.

Well, to anynoe who cares. I have finally gotten my offline life sorted back out for now, and have gotten back regular internet access, albiet a month or so later than I expected. I have therefore begun updating my list again (yes I know, a lot of catching up to do), beginning with the contest section. It is going much faster than I expected due in large part to the fact that Komag - having sponsored many of the contests - has links to both downloads and screenshots for many of the entries at The Keep. This means I don't have to spend 20 mins or so tracking down things like screenshots for each entry \O/. Many thanks to him.

So, what else have I missed that needs to go in here? I saw a few things, such as a need for a small mission category, and will be adding one, as well as some interest by several people in a complete list of known FMs in chronological order, so I will probably add one of those (although no promises on that yet). Perhaps I will add that as a separate post in this thread (my original post is getting too long and unwieldy as it is). I will also probably be adding a hyperlink "table of contents" for that reason.

In any event, let me know if I missed any other request threads in the last month or so, if you could please.

And thank you to those who well wished me in this thread or through PM. The thought did count.

Keeper of FMs

Welcome back, kamyk!! It is good to have you back.

jtr7
    Kamyk, as you have your hands full already, requests might be more forthcoming once people have a good look at your new and updated lists.

Congrats on finding some stability in your life again.

Very glad to see you back with us Kamyk and particularly glad to hear that your life is getting better.