TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567121722 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inverted Manse: Undead Thief 2 FM (April 2, 2001)

TLuk

Thanks, Sledge. I downloaded from UT and played it. It's amazing! It took me about 2hours 30 mins to finish at easy level. I will try again on more difficult level. The cutscene is supre well done. Congrats!

Lancer

Great Mission Sledge! I haven't been scared like that in a long time. Took me 2 1/2 hours to finish it.

p.s. I liked the Acolyte Lancer letter!

------------------
    Lancer
    www.banzaidesign.com
    www.kaala.net
    Get your own
    free website

Northon

Well, i tried playing it on a lower difficulty (Hard), and it runs with a barely playable framerate as opposed to an unplayable one on Expert. I think the FPS drop has to do with the vast amount of objects that exist in the level.

Also, while playing on Hard I came across what appeared to be an untextured body (it looked like the guy in the blooper mission). Was this intended or is it a bug?

Candlemass-II

Northon,

I got one of those "white" guys, too, with no 'skin' on him when I downloaded The Order of the Vine the first time. I downloaded it again, and it went away. Also, I noticed one right after I had installed that texture upgrade that no_oRGy did for us. That time, I just redid the texture install and everything worked fine again. It's probably just a glitch, I hope.

As for the mission: I finished it. It's one of my favorites. Seems like I've had to add quite a few missions to my 'favorites' lately. But this one is great! Some of the creature interactions were amazing, as well as some of the modifications you did to their behaviors.

TOP NOTCH FM.

Sledge

Cool, glad you guys like it. The white skin guy is definitely nothing in the mission. All of the AI that have new skins have "higher" creatures on the obj hierarchy with default skins, meaning that if somehow a skin got misplaced they should revert to another skin and should look normal anyways. The framerate is a little low for me in the beginning, but is fine after that. I'll see if I can fix up a version that will solve that completely very soon.

------------------
    =======================
    T2X Level Design Lead

Cult of the Resurrection for Thief 1 and The Inverted Manse for Thief 2 now available for download

jupiter

Thanks
    downloading now..geewiz 21.15M file size

..My 56K modem.. take more than 1 hour ..

I will play the mission in 2 weeks time

Siftland

Update: Well I didn't try doing anything but "Warrior" until today....I tried both Cutpurse and....er...the other one, and guess what?...no framerate problems! It goes from optimal on the lower difficulty levels to unplayable on "Warrior".....I don't understand what's causing this...any ideas Sledge?...

------------------
    "...Speaking of metal detectors..."

www.gnourg.com

T2X
    Artist...of sorts...

HunterByNite

An Undead mission!

Praise the Builder for Undead missions!

WooHoo! Downloading with glee now!

------------------
    The "Nanny" Sings To Us

Dark Angel

Wow Sledge, excellent work. i never thought i would see an unoffical mission so well done. It surprises me that everyone isn't going crazy over it, i think it far surpases any of those other ones.

Garrettwannabe

I have to modify from my last post - I ran the level thru the "normal" difficulty setting and it runs a lot better, so I encourage everyone who thinks the level might play slow on their puter to forget my previous post and go on in (haven't tried "hard" yet) - it's a great level with some really great mods and architecture (love the old elevator shaft btw) - the "ghost hammers" are great and scared the hell out of me - so, was a perfect setup on that.

Great level man, going back in tonight....

Skeptic Intruder

I can't think of anything articulate to say so [insert random praising here]

Outstanding level.

I haven't had any framerate problem at all, its probably not a problem for most people.

Oh and I got the passcode already after completing Warrior and sloppily completing Cutpurse. Very clever hints.

Sledge

Originally posted by Siftland:
    Update: Well I didn't try doing anything but "Warrior" until today....I tried both Cutpurse and....er...the other one, and guess what?...no framerate problems! It goes from optimal on the lower difficulty levels to unplayable on "Warrior".....I don't understand what's causing this...any ideas Sledge?...
    Yeah, actually I gave tons of objects the property Difficulty>Destroy. Basically any object that's not used on a given difficulty is destroyed when you do not play that difficulty. This drives the overall object number way down when you actually start the game. I never counted, but I would imagine some difficulties have more objects than others (the "real" total is somewhere around 2500 I think). That might be what's causing it.

Glad most of you are enjoying it!

------------------
    =======================
    T2X Level Design Lead

Cult of the Resurrection for Thief 1 and The Inverted Manse for Thief 2 now available for download

Sledge

Cool, awesome guys. Glad you're liking it. For those having a hard time with the Warrior setting... don't worry. I'll try to have a split version out next week and I'm positive that will run smoothly on all machines.

------------------
    =======================
    T2X Level Design Lead

Metalhead

First of all, let me say this mission kicked extreme ass! I havn't been that freaked since RTC, and this freaked me out even more. I'm creeping thru haunted passages when all of a sudden my cell phone rings and I must've jumped 6 feet straight up (Thank the Builder for vaulted ceilings heheh). I do have a question about how you did something tho:

WARNING! POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW!
    The burrick-riding beastie.... how'd you do that? That'd be perfect the burrick cavalry I have in the FM I'm working on now. It's gotta be more than a creatureattatch link.

------------------
    "And the mustard seed didst fall in amongst weeds, and thorns, and brambles; and they didst choke it and sap it as it grew. Yea, indeed the seed didst become a mighty tree, twisted and misshapen by unrighteous cohorts, and now shades and protects even them."
    --The Book of the Raven

"Absolute Power"
    25% complete
    Coming Summer Y2K+1

Sledge

SPOILER**********************************************************************************
    (specific to Warrior Difficulty)

Originally posted by Metalhead:
    The burrick-riding beastie.... how'd you do that? That'd be perfect the burrick cavalry I have in the FM I'm working on now. It's gotta be more than a creatureattatch link.
    I believe what I did was add a meta to the rider that made him blind and deaf and immune to attacks. Then I think I added a meta to the beast that stimmed itself, so to speak, that continually teleported the rider just above him. It looked a whole lot more natural than Creature Attachment, which put the rider basically in the middle of the burrick. Then, the burrick has the TrigSlain script, so when he dies (and I think this is what I did if memory serves) an emitter fires into a door in a blue room, and the door has a receptron to remove the metas from the beast and from the rider so that the rider stands up (or gets up from under the fallen burrick) and attacks. There's a whole lot of useless crap I didn't use in the gamesys, but try having a look at the Metas M-rider and M-rider2.

------------------
    =======================
    T2X Level Design Lead

Viper6

And this simple post appeared, no fanfare, no coming attractions. "Hey Taffers, here's a modest attempt at a T2 mission". Hmmm...

From such humble beginnings...

22mb, and an hour and a half's worth of d/l later, we begin.

This thing is AWSOME people!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!

I'm going to be into this one for weeks.

You outdid yourselves. This thing ROCKS!

Sarik

Wow.
    Really, Wow.
    (corny beginning, aye?)
    *********SPOILORS***********

Okay, really, wow . . . From the beginning starting point (First time I've seen different difficulties at different starting points) of Warrior, the structure is amazing . . . Simple construction, but great eye-candy. The cave area after that was great with the two spiders (I hate spiders, really really hate spiders) and then that church area, which is a very pretty outdoor area, besides the undead you accidently tripped over, and then that sequence in the church (Or was that the church? There's a ton of areas you can explore) and the haunts start their patrol . . . And the freaky undead . . . (I'm bad at describing things, can you tell?)
    and the new items are very creative . . . and the factory has that horror atmosphere (Hammerite Priest Beef, anyone?)

Okay, nevermind, me trying to describe how good this mission is through example isn't working too well.

If you're reading this, please download this. It's worth the 1 1/2 hour wait cuz you won't regret it later.

Candlemass-II

One question, Sledge: where did you get the title Inverted Manse from? Maybe I can't see it, but I couldn't figure out what was inverted. I'm assuming that a 'manse' is a type of crypt maybe.

Sledge

Originally posted by Candlemass-II:
    One question, Sledge: where did you get the title Inverted Manse from? Maybe I can't see it, but I couldn't figure out what was inverted. I'm assuming that a 'manse' is a type of crypt maybe.
    A manse is a church or house for priests. Inverted literally because the manse is underground in the old tunnels, figuratively because the undead are pagan... the "inverse" if you will of the Hammerite workers/priests who discovered the tunnels. + I thought it sounded catchy

------------------
    =======================
    T2X Level Design Lead

No_Coke_Pepsi

Sledge, I just played "The Cult of the Resurrection" last night, in preparation for its sequel "The Inverted Manse."

"CotR" is one of the best FM's I've played (I don't know why it took me so long to get around to it), and I'm thinking it will enhance the experience of the new FM.

Morte

Imagine my dissappointment when I realised that the title wasn´t The Inverted Hanse. Oh well, an outstanding FM will have to do I guess.

brother taffer

what is behind that locked door that is near the beginning of where you start on Warrior? I have used the secret on it...the only thing I haven't tried is getting there on Cutpurse and Rogue and using the keys you find on those difficulties. I wasn't really in the mood to stack zombie bodies

I don't have dromed 2 installed, it screws up my system, I think.

Help!

Nice mission.

Sledge

Originally posted by brother taffer:
    what is behind that locked door that is near the beginning of where you start on Warrior? I have used the secret on it...the only thing I haven't tried is getting there on Cutpurse and Rogue and using the keys you find on those difficulties. I wasn't really in the mood to stack zombie bodies
    Actually, there's nothing behind that door. I probably should have made it frob-ignore. I originally did have a little cave area behind there, but ultimately decided it detracted too much from moving forward and getting to the factory so I took it out. So nothing at all... sorry, heh heh.

------------------
    =======================
    T2X Level Design Lead

MrDuck

LOL Morte, I thought I was the only one who tought it read like that: "The Inverted Hanse"....does that mean Hanse is a guy??? OH SH*T!!!!!!!!
    j/k

Wee wee....
    MrDuck runs away before Hanse catches him

------------------
    -MrDuck, Master Duck of Dubious Foot Gnawing at Clan MBOP(aka Clan Foofie), first disciple of the OOTWM(Order Of The Wee Master)and head publisher of LITOQ(Life In The Old Quarter, visit us in our forum at: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/ubb/Forum...L/003778.html, now a fan-fic at The Circle).

"Quack at dawn, quack at noon and quack in the night....what about between meal quacks??"

Viper6

Playing on "Warrior" and it's a little jerky throughout. Screen isn't snappy as it normally is. Garrett's reflexes are slower than they should be, particularly in a fight.
    System is PIII 533/133,256m RAM, ATA66 HD, Voodoo3-3000 w/16mb. (About to put Voodoo5 in it) Perhaps I should be playing on "Cutpurse" until this gets fixed. Shame. Here's a mission I can play on expert without the "Don't kill anybody" restriction. Everybody is already dead! Ha. Ha.

Hints/Tips needed.

Near the beginning of the mission is a hole to rope into with a "Tar Bomb". What's it used for?

Also near the beginning is a Weapons Research Lab, w/ security device on wall. Where's the clue on what the combination is?

Mission objective is to steal Pagan Tome of Spells. Where is it?

Three stones. Stones appear to be gotten relatively easily. Grab it, & run. Killing the guys guarding them, much less making off with their respective heads, is another matter. Suggestions?

Where the stones are is a ladder down a tunnel, a river of lava, two posts with frobbable objects on them, a burric on the other side. There's a tunnel that leads to the outside on this side of the lava. Is this the exit/endgame, or is there more I need to do here?

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567121722 ... LastLast