TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891419 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inverted Manse: Undead Thief 2 FM (April 2, 2001)

Crimson Lord

Sledge, I have just completed Inverted Manse on Warrior level (yeah I go for the hardest I can up front - I am demented, heh heh) and I felt compelled to write and let you know what I thought... (No spoilers here peeps, read on!)

God damn, where do I start? Never in my gaming life have I ever been so bloody scared out of my mind! I am an old hand at Thief and believe that all the lights out and full surround sound with a good large screen monitor is the only way to go and this FM had me crapping my pants the whole way through!!!

The plot, the new toys, the new monsters, the awesome architecture, the clever puzzles...

This is simply the *BEST* FM I have played for either Thief game yet, since Bloodstone Prison I have not enjoyed a FM so much!!!

Kudos mate, you are now my new benchmark for Fan Made missions...

Anyone else out there who has not downloaded this FM you better do so now and prepare for the ultimate FM to date!

AWESOME WORK - EAGERLY WAITING FOR YOUR NEXT EFFORT!!!

Sledge

The updated version of The Inverted Manse is now available at The Underground. The framerate problem on the Warrior difficulty setting should be now taken care of, and I took the opportunity to fix a lot of other little things too. Enjoy!

------------------
    =======================
    T2X Level Design Lead

Cult of the Resurrection for Thief 1 and The Inverted Manse for Thief 2 now available for download

Muzman

how much has changed?
    will just getting the mis and gamesys do it?

Sledge

Originally posted by Muzman:
    how much has changed?
    will just getting the mis and gamesys do it?
    Actually, I found out I included some other files in the zip I didn't need, so I got rid of 'em. Also updated the readme, although of course that's no biggie. But the real changes are to the gamesys and to the mission, yeah. I figured a "patch" would still be pretty big. The best thing is probably to keep the movie files, but then download the new invnobrief.zip and use that. However, if you have a slow connection I could easily just send you the .mis and .gam over IRC.

------------------
    =======================
    T2X Level Design Lead

Cult of the Resurrection for Thief 1 and The Inverted Manse for Thief 2 now available for download

Keeper of Metal and Gold

I suggest you start a new Thread for this.

And I'll have the updates up at the Keep within' another 24 hours or so

------------------
    - The Keep of Metal and Gold - Fan Missions, Upcoming FM's, Screens, More! (old address)
    - April 11 - NEW HOME! New server, graphics, etc... "Inverted Manse" files, 6 upcoms!

Ashitaka

Absolutley amazing level Sledge. Great job!

Ashitaka

Absolutley amazing level Sledge. Great job!

Ashitaka

Sorry about the double reply thing. But this is really an amazing level, better than most OMs.

Wynne

One thing is driving me moderately insane right now... I'm currently playing on Rogue difficulty (got my courage back). In the St. Alexander's cathedral, there's a door in a passage leading down. Can I open that somehow? I can't pick the lock or just plain open it, and I only have one key (Factory Basement key) which doesn't work on it.

------------------
    TFMR--Players Review FMs

Skeptic Intruder

Nope you can't open it. There's a lot of doors that only open on the other difficulties so don't waste too much time trying to find a way to open them like I did.

That one's only for Cutpurse I believe.

Wynne

Thanks! Now all I have to do is find the pagan tome and discover the door I opened by taking the third gem.

------------------
    TFMR--Players Review FMs

[This message has been edited by Wynne (edited April 12, 2001).]

Nightwalker

I'm stuck on Rogue. I know I've probably missed something obvious, but I can't see it.
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

How to you get the stone that burns you?
    Help please.

Sledge

Originally posted by Nightwalker:
    I'm stuck on Rogue. I know I've probably missed something obvious, but I can't see it.
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

How to you get the stone that burns you?
    Help please.
    SPOILERS

The plaque at the front of this area talks about the burning stone being "baptized." Look for an empty container, then somewhere to fill the it. If you still have trouble, post again and I'll give ya a dead straight answer.

------------------
    =======================
    T2X Level Design Lead

Nightwalker

I thought that was what I was supposed to do, but guess I'm missing where you're supposed to fill it. A spoiler would be appreciated, so I can get on with the game. Thanks very much.

Eslington

Check your mail, Nightwalker, as I have mailed you the spoiler so as to save this thread from further spoilers.

Eslington

------------------
    Eslington's Fanfic MiSTings.

Nightwalker

Thanks, Eslington, I got it.

howie

I played through the mission in both Catpurse and Warrior and never baptized any stones. Whats up with this?

Nightwalker

You only need to do it on Rogue. That's part of what's really terrific about this mission. Everytime you play a different difficulty level, it has a lot of different stuff to do. Fantastic!

howie

Well ok, I'm playing in Rogue mode, one of the stones is missing - the one with the two haunts that come out of the walls - the wooden structure that it stands on is there but no stone.

I'm also missing the clues on the vault puzzle. I've found two notes in Catpurse, one in Warrior, and one in Rogue, still can't figure it out even after going through the dictionary, unless the starts with a "?" is a trick. You bastard!!!

[This message has been edited by howie (edited April 15, 2001).]

Eslington

Nice of you to warn us about that spoiler. I'd edit my message if I were you. ^_^

Eslington

------------------
    Eslington's Fanfic MiSTings.

Sledge

Originally posted by howie:
    Well ok, I'm playing in Rogue mode, one of the stones is missing - the one with the two haunts that come out of the walls - the wooden structure that it stands on is there but no stone.

I'm also missing the clues on the vault puzzle. I've found two notes in Catpurse, one in Warrior, and one in Rogue, still can't figure it out even after going through the dictionary, unless the sarts with a "b" is a trick. You bastard!!!
    Hehe... in that case my best suggestion is to look in the zip file and read the text files labeled hint1 - 6.

As far as the stone goes, I imagine they might be hard to see, but there is a plaque at the head of each of these areas in Warrior and Rogue (although they say different things). The one for this area is in the dark area at the start on the ceiling. Incidently, the haunts only come out when you step near the light. The plaque itself speaks of the stone being concealed in darkness...

------------------
    =======================
    T2X Level Design Lead

howie

Originally posted by Eslington:
    Nice of you to warn us about that spoiler. I'd edit my message if I were you. ^_^

Eslington

No_Coke_Pepsi

Sledge, for my 800th post, I want to commend you on Inverted Manse. It really is first-rate, and I can only imagine how much effort you've put into it. I've played it on Cutpurse, and just finished it on Rogue. Soon, I'll be playing it on Warrior. The experience is quite different on Rogue and Cutpurse; almost like two different missions. I can see that's a design philosophy of yours. When I'm finished, I'm going to go back and play the 'prequel' Cult of the Resurrection on all three 'difficulty' levels, instead of the highest difficulty, which is my normal practice with FM's.

Again, kudos to you, Sledge!

Martek

Inverted Manse (Rogue) - I can't find the...

Help!!!

Playing Inverted Manse on Rogue. I've already played on Cutpurse (great fun!) and found everything and most of the gold.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

!

!

!

!

!

For some reason on Rogue, I cannot find the "spell tome". I've searched the level high and low. I've got all three stones and thus far 2378 loot.

I feel I must be missing something obvious - but if someone can just give me a nudge as to the whereabouts of the tome I would be most appreciative!

Cheers,
    Martek

Nightwalker

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

It's not really a spoiler just a nudge. The room of doors that has the entrances to the areas where you find the stones. Did you notice another different looking door off of there?

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891419 ... LastLast