TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101520 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inverted Manse: Undead Thief 2 FM (April 2, 2001)

Martek

Originally posted by Nightwalker:
    The room of doors that has the entrances to the areas where you find the stones. Did you notice another different looking door off of there?
    Actually I did. It didn't frob when I first tried it, so I was guessing it belonged to a different difficulty level (Warrior) or was "just for looks". However, now that you mention it, I realize I never re-tried it since getting the stones. Gonna check it out...

Thanks!
    Martek

Martek

Originally posted by Martek:
    However, now that you mention it, I realize I never re-tried it since getting the stones. Gonna check it out...
    Sheesh! I guess I never even glanced at that door again! Here I thought I seached the entire level up and down - checking all doors - yet for some reason that one was "filtered" from my awareness. Thanks for the nudge!

Cheers,
    Martek

Wynne

Inverted Manse--Warrior difficulty

How does one get into town? I've gotten all the way down into the manse, and I've seen the town from above way back in the beginning, but I haven't been able to get into it yet. Have I still got further to go before I can enter it? Seems a waste to not be able to get weapons until after I've killed so many AI already.

Also, can I get into the church on Warrior difficulty? I haven't found the key to the door opposite the little chapel with the secret inside.

------------------
    TFMR--Players Review FMs

[This message has been edited by Wynne (edited April 19, 2001).]

Muzman

You can't get into the church or the town on warrior difficulty.
    The town is there just for show it seems (and to give context for the funky items you can get)
    The church doesn't seem to be used on warrior, or, if I just missed it, it isn't necessary to the mission.
    The door to the vault is pickable (if that's the one you mean. The vault itself isn't, o'course)

Need hint on "Inverted Manse"

First of all, really cool level.

I am playing "Cutpurse". I've gotten into the Manse, gotten the magic tome, and gotten my 800 of gold. I haven't figured out how to "find what happened in the last hours of the factory". What do I need to do next?

Also, you offered to give someone else on these forums the location of the six hints in the three difficulty levels that should allow players to figure out the 4-letter code to your "easter egg" area. I'll take you up on that offer. (I admit I'd like to see the easter egg.)

Thanks!

To find out what happened in the last hours of the factory, you need to examine the books and scrolls lying around inside it. Kind of vague, but there must be a critical book that you've not read yet.

I got the secret after finding only two hints, surprisingly enough. One was in the broom closet, and the other mentioned consonants and vowels. I felt really clever.

Hey, the book you're looking for is up on the top floor of the cathedral area in the high priest's room. It's in the same room where you found the factory basement key. Have look on the floor of that room (you can turn the lights on with a switch).

In terms of the hints, the two on Cutpurse are located (1) in the vault itself and (2) on the top floor of the cathedral in the same room with the factory basement key and the book you need for the above objective.
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Cult of the Resurrection for Thief 1 and The Inverted Manse for Thief 2 now available for download

Tutorials:ambient sounds, custom schemas, and beginner's sources and receptrons.

Thanks, that helped.

I've now gone on and played Rogue. If you play only Cutpurse, you're missing large parts of the game - I'm really impressed with the differences in style and "what you have to do" and lots of new tunnels in the different difficulty levels.

Anyway, while it took me a while, I did figure out how to get the third "sister stone" (the one that inflicts pain upon you until you solve the puzzle) and managed to finish the level, I also found one of the two "secret" hints for Rogue (the "broom closet" one alluded to above).

I'm now playing Warrior, and found one of the "secret" hints on the way to the broom closet (the one that mentions two letters NOT in the password).

My question to you: Where is the second hint for Rogue and where is the second hint (both of these are for the "secret" combo-lock room) for Warrior? Thanks! And, again, great level!

SPOILERS
    ======

About the hints:

On Rogue, one is located in the broom closet on the 2nd level down of the factory, and one is located in the corner of Clemens' office in the basement of the factory. On Warrior, one is located on a table in a hallway on the 2nd floor down of the factory (on the same floor as the broom closet), and one is located across from the broom closet stuck in the burner of the room with the coal and the crucified bodies (you might have to climb on it to see it).
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Cult of the Resurrection for Thief 1 and The Inverted Manse for Thief 2 now available for download

Tutorials:ambient sounds, custom schemas, and beginner's sources and receptrons.

OK, that's what I needed. Thanks!

Not only did I figure out the password, I figured it out while I was playing Warrior level, about to do battle with the Guardians, when the... item... inside the Easter Egg room proved ... shall we say ... most useful.

Again, great level!

Just started playing this mission.
    Great atmosphere and gameplay..

I hate playing missions with haunts and zombies..
    but this mission really change my mind..

Thanks..

Can anyone please tell me there is any differece between difficulty levels Rogue and warriors?

I just finished the cutpurse level..
    going on to Rogue .. the scene is quite different at the start...
    BTW the missiles thing is bit out of place..
    that's my opinion..
    so far I am really impressed with this mission...

10 gold hammers at least..
    The scarry moment is the screaming and crying walls !!

[ May 04, 2001: Message edited by: jupiter ]

It's different again on Warrior and it can still scare you all over again! This is one mission that it is definitely worth playing on all difficulty levels.

Originally posted by Nightwalker:
    It's different again on Warrior and it can still scare you all over again! This is one mission that it is definitely worth playing on all difficulty levels.
    Thank you Nightwalker..

Yup this mission is definitely scarry. . that I have to give it 10 out of 10

In that case I will play the warrior level when I have finished Rogue!

To all taffers who have not play this mission.. you will no doubt be not disappointed with this fan mission...

I am Playing this mission on rogue level !
    whoever has played it please indicate whether its a bug ?

The 3 sister gemstones..
    I have 2 gemstones (including the inflicting one)
    The one I cannot get is the the fire/darkness gemstones..
    walk towards the light patches and the haunts appear suddenly!

there are 2 haunts hiding behind the alcove guarding the stone

first I tried killing the haunting guards .. the stone didnot appear..at the altar or pedestal..

then reload.. run and snatch..
    probelm is there is no gemstone to snatch..
    Is this a bug.. or I need to do more magical thing ?

Thanks..

Wind arrows- use 'em.

Originally posted by Skeptic Intruder:
    Wind arrows- use 'em.
    yUP.. I just finished the rogue level.. and re-read the plague on the ceiling..
    and got the gemstone...
    luckily .. I have 2 wind arrows left..

Inverted Manse

Cheers to the designer and all involved... what a great mission! Ranks up there with Bloodstone and Autumn in Lampfire Hills (at least in my book).
    Cthulhu dreamed it.
    I believe it.
    That settles it.

Thanks!
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Wow! Inverted Manse

Sledge, you did a great job! I finally completed it (on Cutpurse so far) and I really hate undead, but I did pretty good this time. I did almost throw the puter out the window when I saw the big spider, that was a shocker!
    Java bibo, ergo carus, sed tremo malum.
    I drink coffee, therefore I am lovable, but twitchy as hell.

Totally agreed here..
    Every difficulty level is different !!

Have fun

Hey, thanks! The team is ecstatic so many people like it. Hope you'll enjoy T2X when it comes out.
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

I can't wait to get to the other difficulty levels, and I've just seen your page on T2x...it looks quite interesting, I'm looking forward to playing it! And I'd definately want the CD version!!
    Java bibo, ergo carus, sed tremo malum.
    I drink coffee, therefore I am lovable, but twitchy as hell.

Inverted Manse - Ungrateful Ramus

Amazing. Three different missions within one. It's the first time that I ever been interested in play the three levels for any mission. Packed with action and SUSPENSE. Creapy. Really hate undead ... so it was destroy, destroy, destroy. My chair has run a rut in my hardwood floor from me pulling away from the computer ever time I backup up while slashing at a zombie. Love those missiles. Good for getting rid of guardians (and yourself too if you happen to be too close). The horseman (or should I say burrickman) was simply awesome. Excellent design and storyline.

--------------------------------------------
    Ran into what may be a bug in the Warrior level. Brought the three guardian heads to Ramus's body at once and got no response. Was I supposed to drop each one at Ramus's corpse right after defeating that particular guardian? Or did I get the drop point wrong. Didn't prevent me from accomplishing the overall mission. However, I don't like the idea of not accomplishing an objective even if it only optional.

Ah yes. I had the same problem. Its not an error. Sledge just left it a little unclear as to where to place the heads.

BTW- you might want to spoilerize your post since it gives away a lot.

Spoiler:
    See the little crate/box right by him? Place the heads in there. For each head a potion will appear on the table.

That should do it. Good luck.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101520 ... LastLast