TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inverted Manse: Undead Thief 2 FM (April 2, 2001)

WHAT FM ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE, AND A LINK PLEASE. THANKS GUYS. DAZ DOWNUNDER!

They are talking about the Inverted Manse, a Thief 2 FM. It's available http://www.3dap.com/thief/fmst2.asp here.

Got it! So obvious after you do it. I gather that each reward was to help one to encounter the next guardian. Oh well. So much for looking for my loot.

---------------------------------------------
    Why the spoiler. And what does it do.

I'd hate to have to pick a 'favorite' mission, but Inverted Manse is probably it.

I just replayed it on Rogue difficulty and it's almost like another game. More places to explore, more sidelines to go off on. Unbelievable great mission.

To Sledge and the others: you guys are geniuses! I hope you get well-rewarded for your efforts. Outstanding job!

Thanks!

Where is spell book in Inverted Manse?

Hey there, I'm playing Inverted Manse at the middle difficulty level and I can't seem to find the pagan spell book. I'm presently in a library of sorts and I had to kill a Haunt and 2 Zombies in order to peruse the shelves unmolested. I found 2 useless books on a table, but no spell book. Am I in the right room? If so, where do I look for the spell book? Thanks for your help!

You should visit basement area... And Inverted Manse!

Unfortunately, as far as I'm concerend, there's no real way to describe the places in the Inverted Manse (my only gripe with the game is that the architecture is a bit random, which is fine for a more natural place, but always make me lose immersion in the game slightly if it's in a creature built setting).

Just keep searching, you're in the right sort of area (I'm talking about a big area here, not confined to several rooms), so don't go rushing off to a entirely separate part of the level. It's not really all that hard to find, there's probably just a door you haven't opened yet.

SPOILER ALERT
    I found the tome after grabbing the last stone and I finished the mission. Great FM, creepy as anything I've ever played, but I do take issue with the fact that all the objectives were presented as "equal" when in reality there was no way for me to grab the tome unless I had already grabbed the last stone. So I spent (wasted, that is) a lot of time running around looking for the magic tome so that I could grab the last stone without burning myself, like in Undercover. I assumed that by using the tome and reciting a spell in front of the stone I would be able to grab it. After much frustration, I decided to try filling my empty vial with the stuff from the fountain, which obviously did the trick, but this action was totally alien to me and a total shot in the dark!

So, if the creators of Inverted Manse and/or other missions are reading this, please do not present all objectives as "equally attainable" when there is an iron-clad chronological ordering of 2 different objectives. You will save your fellow sneaksie thiefsies valuable time if you will not mislead them this way!

SPOILERS
    ========

Sorry 'bout that. On Rogue I thought it was fairly obvious since one of the main doors in The Room of Doors was frob ignore. I've gotten a question or two about that last stone before, but the plaques I think (I hoped) provided adequate, although difficult, hints on how to get each puzzle piece. In the readme, there is a note that lists how each difficulty level plays (Rogue being the puzzle one), so I might suggest trying it out on Warrior mode if you want a slightly quicker and more straightforward fix.
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Cult of the Resurrection for Thief 1 and The Inverted Manse for Thief 2 now available for download

Tutorials:ambient sounds, custom schemas, and beginner's sources and receptrons.

I thought the puzzle hints were just right. Although that one was a little hard. I thought the hint had to do with 'earth' and I kept trying to use mud arrows and rocks to put out the fire. I even tried holy water later, but then I finally figured it out after I found the vial and knew immediately what I had to do with it.

SPOILERS
    ========

Yeah, admittedly I think in retrospect it would have made a lot of sense for me to also make the puzzle solvable through the use of a single holywater arrow. That probably would have been more logical and would have been more in line with "multiple solutions to one problem." Doh!
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Cult of the Resurrection for Thief 1 and The Inverted Manse for Thief 2 now available for download

Tutorials:ambient sounds, custom schemas, and beginner's sources and receptrons.

The Inverted Manse help !!

This level is SO great and the new weapons kick butt I need to complete the goal about the info on the factory and I can't find the 4 digit code for the vault. Please SPOIL me

The info about the factory is not in the factory...
    Spoiler:
    It's in the church.

As for the safe code, are you sure? Maybe you'll try finding and reading all the clues first, they're different on different paths...
    Spoiler:
    Oh, okay. It's BANE
    find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

Thanx for your help, I just completed the level.
    Spoiler:
    Turns out I had already been to the church but forgot to pick up the journal, stupid me
    Did you ever manage to get through the rocks tunnel? I used a rope arrow on the roof of the fountain in the square (gate was closed) jump to the gate building (where the Acid bombs are) and then went into the tunnels, on my way in a clearing I saw a village through some bars to my left below, but I couldn't get down there. And further into the tunnels a door stopped me (couldn't highlight it to pick it). A bit back and then I found a gate blocking my way to downward staircase. Did you manage to get past here ?

One more thing Marecki, since I really loved "The Inverted Manse" could you advise me about similar missions with same high level of graphics, weapons and plot?

Sorry to interfere, but...
    You should definitely play 'Bloodstone Prison'!!!

Originally posted by bukary:
    Sorry to interfere, but...
    You should definitely play 'Bloodstone Prison'!!!
    Thanx bukary, I'll try that 1

You can find best rated missions atThe Keep

I also recommend you (in accidental order):
    "The Great Tree" by KoMaG [originality!],
    "The Mystery Man" by Doaal [nice puzzles],
    "Geller's Pride" by Spitter [nice scaling, distribution of rooms],
    "Embracing the Enemy" by kfgecko [great plot and architecture]
    "Saturio Returns Home" by Robin G. [architecture!],
    "Hush, Hush, Sweet Harlot" by Ithel [well, brothel...],
    "Shunned" by Gonchong [you like horrors, huh?],
    "Autumn in Lampfire Hills" by Purah [nice atmosphere].

I hope I've mentioned all the best...

Thanx again bukary. I just downloaded some of them

I don't think the place you mentioned is accessible on that path... If I remember correctly Warrior is the one which starts there. BTW. Make sure you complete all three paths, they're almost completely different! My personal favourite is Rogue.

As for the FMs, I'd just add Cult of the Resurrection to what other people mentioned - it's been done by Sledge as well and has three different paths too.
    find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

*Ahem*

(posted from the readme)

"The one secret in the level is hidden behind a word safe near the abandoned hammer cathedral. There are two clues on how to solve this puzzle on each of the different difficulty levels, and chances are, you won't be able to solve it by only playing through once. Three times is a dead giveaway, and you might be able to solve it going through on two difficulty levels (hats off if you get it on one!). However, this is just an easter egg (and a bit of an anacronysm), so don't feel obligated to get it! Also, if you do figure it out... uh... please don't give the answer away directly on the forums or the chats."

Sledge, what that secret revealed left me rolling...seriously! I couldn't stop chuckling for a couple of hours after playing it. That may mean that I'm just easy to amuse.

If there ever was a mission that should be rated with a Gold Hammer, Inverted Manse is it.

And Lorgan's Web, too...

[Still trying to make my sig aesthetic...]

[ July 03, 2001: Message edited by: Silver Sorrow ]
    The Foxhole
    "...so she went to the Sorbonne. You know, in France?"
    "Oh. For a minute there, I thought you meant the one in Utah."

Originally posted by Silver Sorrow:
    If there ever was a mission that should be rated with a Gold Hammer, Inverted Manse is it.
    I agree with you 100%.
    And it was the first FM I ever played. Imagine my surprise.
    This level could easily have passed as an original level from Thief 2 (or 3?). again a

Thanks guys! It should only be a fraction of the creative, cool stuff to come in T3
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Originally posted by Sledge:
    Thanks guys! It should only be a fraction of the creative, cool stuff to come in T3
    Hey Sledge, I must say you are one brilliant FM designer. 'The Inverted Manse' scared the crap outta me. Great work
    Now go to the circle and get your gold hammer
    BTW what is a 'manse' ?

MORE FM's from you PLEASE ....

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621 ... LastLast