TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inverted Manse: Undead Thief 2 FM (April 2, 2001)

Nope, those doors were never meant to be opened. Because the factory is already really big and I didn't want to make it bigger, there are a lot of "imaginary" areas there... the whole west wing, the areas in that room you're talking about, the open tunnels behind the construction areas, the barred doors, etc.
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Cult of the Resurrection for Thief 1 and The Inverted Manse for Thief 2 now available for download

Tutorials:ambient sounds, custom schemas, and beginner's sources and receptrons.

Return to Inverted Manse as a Rogue.....

Wow. I'm becoming more and more impressed with Inverted Manse. I realize now that my previous complaints about difficulty are no longer my opinion. The difficulty is actually extremely well balanced.

First on Cutpurse, now on Rogue, I realize just how much I missed the first time around. The puzzles were fun and the story moved along... and felt BIG. I had to change my mentality to kill the zombies cuz the first time around I didn't put it together that the sword was holy blessed... which meant zombies could be killed. I love splattering the zombies. I back stabbed most of the haunts to get them out of my way. I get the feeling that the weapons encouraged the violence... which was pretty fun in this FM.

The planning and the depth was excellent. I was so impressed with the "working elevator that works all the time until you try to go to the basement". The shadow sculpting was supurb and gave lots of shadows to leap frog between; this really emphasized the sneaking aspect. One of my pet peeves is when FM's never adjust the radius of a light source, ie the lack of shadow sculpting. IM had lots of excellent shadow sculpting, including "well placed dousable lights" to create shadow paths.

I do have one complaint though... I got the feeling that there were several unintentional room brush overlaps, where I could here the AI on the other side of a solid stone wall. I think this was the reason why haunts on the other side of the stone ground wall could hear me creeping around in the crunchy gravel room.

The atmosphere was excellent with the ghost appearances and the screams just before the "ugly death of story characters" rooms.

I'm probably going to go back and play this on Warrior. That in itself qualifies it for my stamp of approval.

Awesome, Sledge!! Even more reason to be excited you're on the T3 team!

I just opened the safe in IM and got the "new weapon" from behind the door. I just have to say:

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I love it!!!

It's an excellent mission.

I give up. I can't get anywhere. I can't figure out what to do.

Deee-scriptive

The combo for the safe in Inverted Manse?

I found the letter that mentioned the combination was changed and that certain letters were not used, but still cannot figure it out. Any hints on where to find this info?

Thanks alot for any help.

You have to play all 3 difficulty levels, unless you're really clever. There are 2 different clues on each one that make it easier to solve. If you're really stumped, e-mail me and I'll send it to you. Sledge asked that no-one post it on the forums.

Thanks for the help. Well you bring out my first and only complaint about this mission. I jumped straight to the most difficult level not knowing the differences in the others. I wish I had known that so I could have started in the right order.

O.K. maybe complaint is too strong of a word since I am looking forward to playing it again , but some mention of this would have been nice.

Thanks for the help.

And thank you, Sledge for this awesome level(s).

The Inverted Manse FM - help

Ok, I'm still wandering in the factory, I found a shaft where I can jump down in the water and go up a ladder which leads to a passage but is blocked by a frikkin' gate..!

I searched the whole place, but I am stuck :/

Please tell me where's the key or lever to open it up??

Thanks!

playing cutpurse then I think (I can't remember if it's closed in rogue)

Yeah, I did that too. Nasty broken elevator.
    There's another ladder over against the wall that goes right to the top of the shaft, if I'm not mistaken. You have to do a rather daring jump and get back out the door you came in through.

Hey guys
    Been awhile...
    I've played all skill-levels of this awesome FM and I can safely say you don't need to use the elevator shaft in any of the paths. Hope this helps ?

Have a nice day and FM

Originally posted by ComeBack'ereU Taffer:

I can safely say you don't need to use the elevator shaft in any of the paths.
    Agreed. I only fell in there by accident, and you can get out at the top as described in a previous post. This happened late in the game for me -- so I don't know if it could be useful as a short cut -- Maybe. Maybe not.

[ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: frobber ]

Ok, thanks for the reply guys.

However, I'm still stuck
    I just can't seem to find those tunnels which were supposed to be under the factory which will lead eventually to the manse. (so I thought the blocked entrance in the shaft was important)

Any clues would be appreciated

There is a basement door leading down. It's close to the room with the overhead walkway that has collapsed. I know on Cutpurse you have to find a key for it back in the Church, but I don't think you have to on the other difficulties. I'm not sure about that, though.

Yeah, sounds like you're on cutpurse. The gate blocks your way, but you'll have to get to that area via another route. Pay special attention to the way your keys are named... the names are there to help you.

Spoiler:
    You'll need the "Church Key" from the factory... that should tell you to go back to the church. On the top floor of the church, you'll find the "Factory Basement Key." From there head back to the factory and go as low as you can go... then head due west. There should be a locked door where the key will work.
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Cult of the Resurrection for Thief 1 and The Inverted Manse for Thief 2 now available for download

Tutorials:ambient sounds, custom schemas, and beginner's sources and receptrons.

Ok, I just completed it, creepy as hell =)

Nice work!

Not sure if I'm gonna replay it tho, I've got several other missions awaiting.

Haunts in Inverted Manse

So, here's a question. What is the best way to battle the Haunts and guards in the INverted Manse? I am playing on Warrior setting, and i have no problem dispensing the zombies with the sword, but the guards are too fast. I'm still in the power facility, and I'm getting my ass kicked by the guards. I've been using the exploding arrows and acid bombs and holy-water arrows, but I'm running out and haven't even made it to the manse yet.

What tactics do other people use? I typically go for sneaking around in shadows, but it's fairly impossible to do on the warrior setting.

-gothamtaffer

I just crept up behind them and backstabbed most of them. There were a few I used the other equipment on, but not many. By the time I finished the level, there wasn't much standing. I did the same thing on all 3 difficulty levels. I figure they're already dead, so I'm just doing them a favour and making it permanent.

razor arrows from the farthest distance possible then use the sword if they make it to you is what I did. I didn't notice ANY advantage to holy water on them

The best way is just to sneak by them

The arrows.doc file that comes with the zip might help a little, but here's a quick summary: holy water arrows and your sword are best for zombies. The haunts you should be able to kill with 2 razor arrows or 4 - 5 broadheads. However, the best weapon against them is that new melee weapon you steal. An overhead strike even gives ya a nifty explosive particle effect (this was a hint to use it against them... I wondered if it was too subtle). Explosive arrows work against anything, but chances are the density of AI will make things difficult if you use them too often. The explosive arrows are faster and more powerful (slightly) than a normal fire arrow, so one hit should kill a haunt if you use it.
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Lost in "Inverted Manse"

I've been wandering around inside the factory for a while now. I found the key to the entrance, but that just leads me back out to the courtyard. Anybody have a hint as to where to go now? I can't figure this one out. There's a locked grate just off the courtyard, and a water area inside the factory behind a railing that I can't get to. Other than that, I've dispatched all the guards and zombies. I'm suprised that I can't find where to go. I must be missing the obvious. I also got to both doors at either end of the broken catwalk where the golden urn is (did that with 3 rope arrows and some jumping). I'd appreciate a subtle hint. Thanks.

Oh crap. Never mind. I just "found" the basement. I forgot that I had been there and didn't explore it. How lame can I be....

Inverted manse, hint needed

I'm totally stuck on rogue level. I've gone through the factory, I've been able to pick two of three stones, but where's that tome?

Please drop me a hint.

I had to give up on Inverted Manse...totally lost...

You have to get the third stone first...
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823 ... LastLast