TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CoSaS: Mid 2006 Press Release (Updated!)

El Shagmeister

Hrrrmmm...

Re-playing quality FMs in ghost mode, even GatI makes me want to build a small FM. I know I suck at the design and such...but I'll get my DromEd feet wet a bit, with some time. I would not dream, not now at least, to take on this grand challenge, but things like this tickle me fancy to want to build an FM.

Though I'd rather focus on the story and voice acting . Eh, what gives...Dan and Co., keep up with the good work, more CoSaS, plz.

<3

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall
    Heck, if a level designer wants to get to work on our mission 4 (yes 4... mission 3's architecture is done) ...
    A good thing about anyone who would want to work on mission 4 is that the framework is mostly there, it'd just be a matter of details.

Interesting, does it concern next missions of the project as well, I mean the framework? Or there still are missions in your working plan that exist only on paper and require full development from scratch, except maybe plotline?

Even thougn that being realist that I am, I don't beleive we'll ever see more than 3-4 missions of this ambitious pro-quality project despite my wish.

The Architect
    It's hard to sum it up in words without really saying what I need to say to say it. I'd say that it's about half done, keeping in mind that the last 10% is usually 90% of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall
    ... the last 10% is usually 90% of the work.
    Isn't >that< the truth!*

Looking forward to CoSaS in a big big way.

*(building my first mission and that last bit is is already exceeding 90%!)

I just re-played Gathering at the Inn, it's just amazing how much interesting stuff is packed in such small map. Interactivity and lots of options is the name of the mission

Voice Actor
    Yes. I still think that key ring was the best custom FM content invented to date.

Don

Is it possible to bind a key to the keyring?

Quote Originally Posted by dlw6
    Yes. I still think that key ring was the best custom FM content invented to date.

Don

I also very liked RPG-like interactions with NPCs.

PS: Digital Nightfall, please save text transcripts of conversations and movies of MissionX and put them in the package if possible. Otherwise some people will have to transcript them while playing the mission which is much more time consuming, like it was with T2X - devs somehow lost transcripts of conversations...
    Last edited by 242; 27th Jul 2006 at 11:25.

The Architect
    MX is heavily, heavily documented, and we're probably going to release it all after we're done with the mission.

I just played GatI and I found it to be a very enjoyable mission (yet a little short). It's a nice introduction to the mission set - plenty of ways around but not too easy, it had plenty of reward objectives (no kill, knockouts, max loot, etc). There was one thing I noticed, that the guests fail-on-see didn't always trigger but that's no big deal.

So, tell me. Is this project once AGAIN dead?

Thiefmissions.com

It has never been dead.

Progress may be slow, but it hasn't stopped entirely.

I think there is still some work being done on it

The Architect
    I'd say trust them. They know what they're talking about.

The Architect
    In case some interested dromeders aren't checking the editors forum, there's a rather urgent plee for some cosas aid posted here, which has yet to be answered.

... we're also waiting the updated version of the novel ;P

The Architect
    Maybe if we get some more cosas help I will be able to find time to work on the novel...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123