TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202530354045 ... LastLast

Thread: Real life... association with Thief

Hammerites bell ringers?

(Mikeze & Jakeze - San Giusto Castle. Trieste - Italy)

You know you've been taffing too much...

http://cheeseshirecat.deviantart.com...much-107821747
    (OK, these three things I had with me were rather modern, but for the sake of retaining flavor...)
    The CheeseshireCat

Clearinghouse

CheeseshireCat, это в Казахстане?

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post

CheeseshireCat, это в Казахстане?
    Да, это старые дома на Ботаническом бульваре в Алма-Ате (конечно, сейчас уже и Алма-Ата и Ботанический бульвар называются несколько иначе).

Guard quote time !

"Hey... I'm goin' to the bear pit tomorrow... Wanna come ?"

(RW : two reenactors guarding the entrance of the Rennaisance town hall in Levoča during the celebrations of the anniversary of the city's founding)

"Hey, you should really have that looked at..."
    "Uh... I am looking at it."
    "(sigh) No ! I meant... by a doctor..."
    "Ooo... Nah, doctors cost too much !"

(RW : younger members of the medieval reenactment group Páni Spiša ("the Lords of Spiš") in the lower courtyard of the Spiš Castle)
    Last edited by Petike the Taffer; 1st Jan 2009 at 13:18.

Hah, cool cheeshirecat...

Hahaha, nice, Petike.

Clearinghouse
    Good photos

Constantine Gardens

The Park of Monsters - Bomarzo, Italy

Wow those are some cool shots, thanks Lady Rowena.

That's just WOW

Clearinghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    Constantine Gardens The Park of Monsters - Bomarzo, Italy
    Amazing. Great find !

The lion statues from Rutherford Castle in TDS

(RW : I've found the first two at the entrance gate of the old city castle in Sárospatak, Hungary; the third, called Leo Albus ("White Lion"), comes from St. Martin's Cathedral in Spišské Podhradie/Kapitula and is one of the the few well-preserved decorative medieval statues of it's type in Slovakia)

Some nobles out at a party...

(RW : wax figurines of Gabriel Bethlen and his wife from the Wax Museum of Historical Figures (the ones involved in the city's history) in St. Urban's Tower, Košice)
    Last edited by Petike the Taffer; 6th Jan 2009 at 07:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Yara View Post
    Haunted house:
    author's page
    That house is amazing. And the photoshopping certainly adds interest.

But even with the help of Google Translate I wasn't able to find out where in the world the pictures had been taken. I'd be interested in knowing more about it. You Russian-speaking people, what do you know?

--
    Larris

The Magpie, it's somewhere near St.Petersburg. Here are other photos of that house:

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/chaika0701/view/108609

For some reasons, both authors keep the exact location in secret.

Keeper of FMs

Every time I look at this thread, it makes me want to do some serious traveling. There are so many amazing place around the world. Thanks to all for sharing them.

Clearinghouse

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Where? Where?? Where??? Ehm... is this, I mean?

Keeper of FMs

OH!! I want one of those hats!!

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    OH!! I want one of those hats!!
    LOLZ

@Pavlovscat: - I get to use Garrett devices at work. Can't help but smile whenever I see the name on them! I want a cap too, might look into it.......

Keeper of FMs

Sorry I don't have a picture, but I couldn't get my camera out quick enough. We were in the car & a truck pulled up next to us with some beautiful thick carpet samples. I was admiring them when I noticed the brand name: Garrett Carpet! I ROFLed thinking of Garrett selling nice thick, quiet carpet by day and scoping out the houses, then returning one night to make off with the valuables.

Then I googled Garrett Carpet and discovered a ton of Garrett carpet cleaning services, another great avenue to case a house for a later visit.

jtr7
    Haha! Perfect! Metal detectors and carpeting. He probably stole a sample of Friend Manus's non-slip mats and got it patented, too.

Well, I think a Hungarian guy possesses some really Garrett-like abilities...
    Two days ago, a bank was robbed in Budapest, of four million forints (something like 4000 euros, I don't know how much it is in gold ), and the robber took one hostage, whom he later released. After that, with the police encircling and closing down the area, he managed to get away! OK, so the police chased him. He ran into a ten-storeyed block of flats, and the police is still searching for him (even though they have used the Commando and the Hungarian equivalent of S.W.A.T., and went through the whole building). Now, I can see five options, of how the guy managed this:

a) He hid in a small room, or a cupboard. He crouched down, and frobbed the door. Now, every time the guar- the policemen wanted to open the door, he rightclicked and closed it. After a while the policemen simply gave up and returned to their patrol routes, muttering 'Whoever it was, must be away now', or 'Probably just the sir, checking up on things'.

b) He got to the roof, shot a rope arrow into the "parapet", with cat-like agility !managed to climb back onto it! and abseiled down, while everyone was looking at... at... at something else.

c) He has lots of flashbombs and a blackjack. Then he just quietly stows away the unconscious bodies. After all, they'll never wake up, will they now?

d) The b) version really, only with climbing gloves.

e) The police did catch him, bound him up, and went outside to announce their most glorious vanquishing of their stauch foe, but whilst they were engaged in such as complex activity, inside the building (which, now that I come to tell it someone, looked really weird inside,) two cloaked figures appeared, conversing thusly: 'This way?' 'Look here. Our path is true' 'In here?' 'Yes.' and told the robber something about rolling stones and momentums. And freed him.
    Then the robber set out to get his equipment back and prod some serious buttock.

Anyway... The first half of the story is true
    Last edited by Herr_Garrett; 15th Jan 2009 at 03:06.

Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202530354045 ... LastLast