TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New SS2-FM 'UNN Nightwalker' by Christine

Peggy the Janitor's giggly escapades are annoying.

"Wooohoo...cooohoooo...hehehehehe" (BURP) "Ooops.."

(Wasn't that voice file in one of your Thief 2 missions C.? )

Ok,
    I disabled the 2 additional mods I was using(high res sky fix and psi-amp).
    Still getting instant respawn any other ideas?
    I am using zombes ss2 mod manager could that be it?
    I played through the original game a week ago and didnt notice any problems.

Final Thoughts:

spoiler:
    The SHODAN fight was far far too easy. Granted on the survace it looks difficult but there's a bit of a gap between where you can poke your head out of the access tunnle and where she can start shooting at you. once you rid yourself of her tunnle dwelling projections you can pretty much snipe our Goddess with your weapon of choice(save for the grenade launcher...though I havne't tried that one).

Also why is the captain ordering you into a shuttle? you've purged SHODAN...wait there's those projections that still roam the halls so...perhaps better safe than sorry?

Can't wait for the V2 release christine...but I'll have to for you to actually get working on it though.

where can I find...

where can I find the access key-card for the bridge? I did find that thing needed to stop SHODAN but can't actually access the bridge cause there's one of those card-locks on the door.

I've spent the past 3 hours trying to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinksmallwood View Post
    Yes, I think Christine's English has improved very well, at least since I know her. It's just not enough to write the FMs in english. (Christine, sorry that I answered this question for you. But I was sure you would say 'No! No improvement!', wouldn't you?)
    It has improved, as I entered the forums the first time, I understand nearly nothing and my first post was in German...

For example my weak point is orientation. I even get lost in the smallest FMs, running around in circles, nearly starting to cry... (did I hear a 'Poor Dinky!'?). And I know many people who simply can't understand why I will never improve this ability. Perhaps I'm just missing some brain cells in the right place (malicious tongues would say now: Way too many! ).
    Same here. And I don't know what to do with a map, I can't use them - not in games and not in real life.

@ William Dojinn

spoiler:
    The captain order you to leave the ship, because the biomass is still on board

@ rapierdragon

spoiler:
    search the corpses in the crew quarters - search for a corpse in one of the bathrooms

Finally beat Nightwalker today. Great campaign .

I didn`t experience any of the bugs reported in this thread except for the misaligned textures in a few places + the floating corpse at the very start. I got very frustrated on the final level due to large amount of enemies and also due to the majority of my weapons breaking on me at the worst moments, but with ALOT of perserverance I eventually made it past them.
    Last edited by icemann; 23rd Sep 2006 at 10:36.

tried the nospawn mods,tried
    no_spawn
    lower_spawn_rand 100000
    lower_spawn_min -100

in a user.cfg file and still getting instant respawn.Guess its me cause noone else is complaining.Oh well thanks for making it,too bad it doesnt work for me.

Figured as much Christine, thanks for the clarification though. Now what's she start spouting off in german(I guess its german at least) when you get to her room?

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    I didn`t experience any of the bugs reported in this thread except for the misaligned textures in a few places + the floating corpse at the very start.
    I also think my ram's starting to go bad so take my error reports with a grain of salt. Unlike every other gamer on the planet it seems I've got a fairly dated machine.

Quote Originally Posted by William Dojinn View Post
    ...granted its a bit crash happy...
    Yeah, mine is crashing a lot as well. It has to have something to do with the mod because I had previously been playing an original game and got all the way to Hydro without a single crash. Oh well. It's still an awesome fan mission! I'd post specifics but I don't know where to begin! I played it for goodness-knows-how-long yesterday and enjoyed every minute of it! I would probably be farther than the Cargo Bay level if SS2 hadn't crashed halfway through the level and messed up my quicksave (last hard save was at the beginning of the deck). As usual, great stuff Christine and Dinky (may I call you Dinky? )!

Of course, Enchantermon... I'm german so I don't understand the english meaning of this word anyway...

@ William Dojinn:
    Well, I don't know if I'm able to translate my german in the captain's bedroom. I swear like a trooper there! (Oh golly gosh! What unbounded cheek! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Might come near to it)

Thanks to you all for your comments, ideas and bug-reports so far. Christine will try to eliminate the bugs and implement your other suggestions as far as possible.
    Last edited by Dinksmallwood; 23rd Sep 2006 at 16:41. Reason: chronic forgetfulness

Specifically, where are the power cells? I've found one on a shelf, and another which appears to be in a conduit that I smashed out of sheer frustration, but I'll be damned if I can find a third!

I'm having a lot of fun so far, but then again, I haven't had to listen to my voice acting yet!
    She's not a maniac, a raving thing, she just goes a little mad sometimes.
    I'm not suffering from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

@TheNightTerror:
    spoiler:
    did you find the one in the shooting range?

One small thing to report, on deck 6 go right from the elevator and look down. You'll notice an arrow on the floor that says "officiers aera".

Also, i noticed instant respawn also being rather prevalent while playing.

How can the captain eat all those burgers? That's a heart attack waiting to happen...

@ Sovereign:

Deck 6? This Mission only has 5 decks...

And hey, I gave the captain my voice and I can eat so many burgers... (but don't dare to ask me how much overweight I have )

@ TheNightTerror:
    spoiler:
    Do you remember the room where you can practise shooting?

And hey, you are still on the starting deck. You will 'meet' with your voice later...

Quote Originally Posted by Dinksmallwood View Post
    (but don't dare to ask me how much overweight I have )
    Who said anything about overwieght? My little brother could eat all that and actually LOSE wieght(bloody high metabolism....grrrr).

Trying to keep things away from mindless praise, even though I'm sure Christine could use all the positive feedback possible. Trouble is i think I've found all the glairing bugs already.

spoiler:
    There is however the matter of why you never could hear SHODAN in any of the in-game transmissions from weber though since supposedly they were in the same room. Also why didn't she just duck behind a console? That always works for me for dodging fire....eh well, the story dictates that she Die so....off she goes.

Love that last log.
    Last edited by William Dojinn; 24th Sep 2006 at 12:50. Reason: borked tags.

Now that i think about it...did anyone else find the ship as being a bit small? Granted its a ship and not a station but it just felt to me that the crew quarters held less people than you'd think of. Reguardless I like the layouts as is...so I'm not complaining, just pointing out an oddity.

Could just be me though. Thoughts anybody?

ZylonBane
    I haven't played the full version yet, and during beta-test I only had time to finish the first deck before Real Life intervened. But on that first deck, I swear there was more floor space used by corridors than by rooms.

Was it just my imagination?

Considering who's doing the asking I'll assume your post is dripping with sarcasm and disgust for all things non-zyon related. However to answer your question on reflection there really didn't seem to be all that many rooms in the first deck.

Hope those things that've kept you busy have either been resolved or toned down to a managable level.

Quote Originally Posted by William Dojinn View Post
    Considering who's doing the asking I'll assume your post is dripping with sarcasm and disgust for all things non-zyon related.
    You're kinda dumb. First, even when he is needlessly cruel in his criticism of any kind of work, there is occasionally some useful criticism to be taken out of it -- if only the reader has the fortitude. Second, he's mentioned in this FM's credits, so it IS Zylon related.

I just came back home, you mention that one of the batteries can be found near Peggy in a broken conduit. But I still can't find this, I'm unsure what a conduit is though, is it located inside the maintenance tunnels?

EDIT: I smashed that conduit and found the battery, I'm now going to keep on playing.
    Last edited by Bjossi; 24th Sep 2006 at 16:42.

Right right UV, I knew he did the textures. Its just I've very rarely seen a non sarcastic post come from the man, hence why when a post with his name on it comes right after mine my first thoughts are that he's wanting to pick about something, even if he is trying to make a point and all he always picks. thats what he does, it would be unnatural for him to do otherwise.

Oh and Bjossi:
    spoiler:
    I think its in refference to the broken air ducting.

Anyone tried this Wrench only yet?

Thanks to everyone involved with this great FM.

If I have some criticism it would be that the third battery is very difficult to find, ended up cheating myself one.

Voice acting is overall superb, better than many commercial games

Why nobody has hired Christine is beyond me. I mean the work she puts out is consistently very good. If I was with IG I would definately headhunt her. She not only makes great levels, BUT makes levels that are very LG- and IG-ish.

Well IMHO

I'm now on Deck 4 and I am glued to the monitor.
    I'm taking a short break now.

By the way, I didn't expect to meet cyborg assassins on Deck 1.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast