TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New SS2-FM 'UNN Nightwalker' by Christine

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by William Dojinn View Post
    Right right UV, I knew he did the textures. Its just I've very rarely seen a non sarcastic post come from the man, hence why when a post with his name on it comes right after mine my first thoughts are that he's wanting to pick about something
    And once again, one of our village idiots drags a thread off topic under the guise of defending it.

I just finished playing this one -- another gem from Christine, as usual. I had a lot of fun with it, and the ship felt completely original; Ponterbee Station like a Von Braun sister ship, not that it was a bad thing. Although, all the burgers in a certain room nearly killed me! I've had a craving for a cheeseburger all day.

My only complaint is about those Rickenbacker turrets. It would've been nice if there was some warning that they were there. Half the time when I stepped into their view, the first sound I heard indicating they were there was the sound of a laser being fired. If they made some noise, either from turning or having an ambient sound, I wouldn't have had so much trouble with them.

Aside from that, I really loved this campaign. So, Christine, do you have plans for any more missions, or are you taking some time off?
    She's not a maniac, a raving thing, she just goes a little mad sometimes.
    I'm not suffering from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

I guess you kinda have a point there TNT, however given where they're placed(so far as memory serves), the layout's rather logical, at least to me it is,.

And Z...can it, try being a little more postive for once man,...or lets just take it to PMs and get it out of the way without cluttering up christine's thread.

Back to the FM: I Have to wonder, what could be done as an update here? With Ponterbee you had a whole station, hence adding to the mall could be justifiable. What could be done to the Nightwalker? What sections could best be expanded on?

Now that i think about it...did anyone else find the ship as being a bit small? Granted its a ship and not a station but it just felt to me that the crew quarters held less people than you'd think of. Reguardless I like the layouts as is...so I'm not complaining, just pointing out an oddity.

Could just be me though. Thoughts anybody?
    It is smaller, it's only a ship, not a space station Just keep in mind the gameplay. Adding 100 beds and toiletts would may be more realistic, but if you play it, it would be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightTerror View Post
    So, Christine, do you have plans for any more missions, or are you taking some time off?
    I'm back to Thief II and Dromed for now... but I have some ideas for new missions too
    Last edited by Christine; 25th Sep 2006 at 03:01.

You're coming back to DromEd?! Praise the master builder! You're one of the best builders out there, it'll be awesome having you back. If nothing else it'll be easier on your sanity. I still can't imagine how you could handle ShockEd for any length of time, even DromEd can wear you down to a giggling maniac in a straight jacket if you give it enough time . . .

Ohhh..... Don't expect too much, it's just an old abandon mission that I try to finish. It will be a very simple FM and I'm not sure, if it was a good idea to open this thing again after such a long time

Don't be too hard on yourself. I can think of one person who still replays your older missions for fun, they weren't bad at all. Any Christine mission is a good mission.

Trust me Christine, if it has your name on it I'll give it a playthrough. After all not every FM needs to be a life or death universe is on the line type thing. Have fun with your work, go a little nuts, Lord alone knows that if you work with DromEd you need to vent somehow.

BTW glad the rats from shocking ruins made a return on nightwalker....loved the little playsets they had too.

I just finished UNN Nightwalker. I had a great time playing it.
    The only thing that I think could have been done better was Shodan's speech, she talks like a human villain, where is the evil AI we know from SS2?

But other than that it was superb, I did get my ass kicked on Command though, but things got a bit easier after I found the laser rapier. (those shodan avatars are pretty resistant to the wrench... )

Yes well...shodan's speech can easily be explained away by plot events from ponterbee. It isnt' the same but hey, considering we dont' have the original VA and a dedicated group to remixing her every line its a bang up job.

Yes well...shodan's speech can easily be explained away by plot events from ponterbee. It isnt' the same but hey, considering we dont' have the original VA and a dedicated group to remixing her every line its a bang up job.
    I was talking about what she says rather than how her voice sounds.
    The voice sounds great, has a similar style as SS2, but she suddenly started to talk like Betruger from Doom 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinksmallwood View Post
    @ Sovereign:

Deck 6? This Mission only has 5 decks...
    Bah, sorry i meant the command deck. I guess the beer messed up the numbers in my head a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    I'm back to Thief II and Dromed for now... but I have some ideas for new missions too

I love you, Christine!

What I would like to know Christine is how working in DromEd is considered RELAXING.

Quote Originally Posted by Enchantermon View Post

I love you, Christine!
    ...my husband won't like this...

What I would like to know Christine is how working in DromEd is considered RELAXING.
    You wouldn't ask this, if you would know my children. Trust me, Dromed is really relaxing for me...

Using a level editor is very relaxing for me, I sometimes try UnrealEd or Serious Editor (for the game Serious Sam). Never bothered with DromEd.

Anyways, is this the final FM for this story of our guy that has so far found trouble twice in a row?

Anyone tried this Wrench only yet?
    Well, I kind of tried it Wrench only (I used the Rapier on the last level because it was better against enemies). It was really hard, especially with those turrets. I had to hack security systems all the time to be able to pass some parts of game.

By the way how many cyber modules are there in this FM, I wasn't able to upgrade all I wanted to.

@ mrle01 - Have you tried to hack
    spoiler:
    the replicator on the command deck? You can buy some cyber modus than.

@ Bjossi - I don't know, I have some ideas but I want to finish my Thief II FM first.

Ok, but even though there won't be a sequel to this FM, I always love new FMs with new plots for Shock 2.

I'm going through Nightwalker again, it is so addicting.

BANNED
    I LOVE this mission! I'm a Thief 2 guy myself, but SS2 FM's rock as well. I also enjoyed Nightwalker's voice as Shodan, it was good on Ponterbee station, but she really pinned down Shodan's meaness in this one!

@christine: O.O

Wait, you have kids....that explains EVERYTHING *console*.

Yeah, explains why her FM-making quota isn't 10 big missions per year instead of 1 - 2.

Hey, gotta have a life outside of shock/thief right?

Right?!

Anyway the fact she releases things so infrequently only adds to our anticipation since if it were a new release per month two things would probably hold true. One, the quality of each FM would go down. Two, while they would be looked forward to they wouldn't be nearly as special to the community.

Oh and in case anyone was wondering.
    spoiler:
    Yes you can shoot the rubber duckies that're scattered about...apparently she used the same feature she had in ponterbee V2

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    ...my husband won't like this...
    A strictly platonic love, of course.
    At least that's what we'll tell him.

I'd like to compliment Christine on another FM release. It's great to see something to keep the SS2 community alive. My only gripe (again) would be that I want more fresh level content and fresh environments...

Overall though, I give a positive reaction! Keep up the good work.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast