TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Contest Mission: The Temple of the Tides (22/09/06)

Water Contest Mission: The Temple of the Tides (22/09/06)

I'm pretty sure i know who made this one! Amazing stuff!

I'm still trying to get over a particular scene!
    Last edited by sluggs; 22nd Sep 2006 at 08:59.

Help, I can't get started. Something happened once - I got chopped in half! - but I can't get back to that area to try again.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Sluggs, can you modify your thread subject to make it clear this is a WC mission? Thanks!

I think I'm going to play this one first...

The mission looks good, but it's not a way to make a good mission for just wandering around from one end to the other.
    Last edited by Bulgarian_Taffer; 22nd Sep 2006 at 09:43.

Clearinghouse
    Help, I can't get started.
    I'm stuck at the same spot. Help!

Walk around the first corner, to your left, then come back.

It's a magical place!

This one is amazing (once you've gotten past the first corridor)! Puzzles galore \o/
    spoiler:
    Stepping into one of the light cones teleports you to an almost identical corridor. Turn back there.

Edit: Actually, it just turns you around by 180, thus you end up where you started if you don't about-face. Took me some time to realize there was only one door.

Unfortunately, the mission becomes increasingly choppy later on to the extent that it gets unplayable. Has this happened to anyone else?
    I'll restart the mission and report here if the framerate drops at the same place.

Edit: The choppiness reappeared, but it's bearable this time.
    Last edited by Eshaktaar; 22nd Sep 2006 at 11:15.

Yes, it's a little choppy in some places later on, but it hasn't got to an unplayable stage.

I love all the neat stuff in this FM. The Author must have been working on this thing like there's no tomorrow! Sod that for a lark!

I finished it on Normal. I'm speechless.
    spoiler:
    Raising water... while you're swimming in it!

Whoever the author of this FM is (I have a suspicion) has become my new DromEd hero

whoaaa... i can't download it until tonite.. and after your comments the wait is deadly for me - THIEF 4 DEADLY WAITING !!

Don't worry Sterlino, this is ahead of it's time, so you can download it in another couple of years and it'll still be new, only you won't be able to vote for it!

Arrgh! I'm replaying it and getting that framerate issue! Makes you feel ill! I got it after going through a wall of flames.

Edit: I'm starting again, and making sure i do a proper save before going through that part, see if i can get that thing without it lagging this time. I can't play it as it is. Damn shame really.

Hmm... It was OK until i slid that stand across the flames, then it started to get choppy. I jumped over the flames beforehand and all was well. Something's amiss somewhere.

Edit2: Bingo! Mission complete and all loot grabbed! Everything was fine this time around.
    Last edited by sluggs; 22nd Sep 2006 at 15:30.

Yeah, the framerate starts worsening at about the same spot for me. Maybe it helps if you avoid the vertical flames room until you've got everything else - there's just the one sun in there.

A general hint, not really spoilerish -
    spoiler:
    remember, that you have a compass.

Another tip:

spoiler:
    A burning torch make you see hidden doors easier.

Finally I won the mission... and it was extremely fantastic! I never seen such a nice mission before!

spoiler:
    The rising water while Garrett is in it... I remember (very) old threads where were said "Rising water is impossible to realise with DromEd!". Now I think DromEd is one of the best editors ever!
    And the effects! The cracking walls, the water which comes out of the walls, the water which comes out of the walls under water, the fire...

Awesome!!!

WOW!!

Every time I quit this mission Thief 2 crashes on me! The same thing happens also when I try to load a save game for the 2nd time (the first time after restarting the game works). When I say "crash" I mean I get the Window "Thief 2 has caused a problem and must close...", etc.

This is very frustrating because I am trying to get past that first part with
    spoiler:
    blades

Running Thief 2 ver 1.18 and Windows XP SP 2. NVIDA 6800 Ultra vid. card....

That would be my fault.
    I supplied the author of this mission with a beta version of NVScript v1.0.8, but unfortunately there's a bug in there which I have been unable to track down which occasionally crashes Thief2.exe / DromEd when the level is unloaded.
    The good news for you is that the problem seems to randomly happen for a while, then just as suddenly stop happening. (This is bad news for me trying to fix it because whenever I try, for example, deleting half the source code and recompiling, I never know if the problem is fixed or if it's just randomly gone away again.)

Anyway, now you know why that script module is not available to the public yet!

If I manage to find the problem, I'll send the fixed version to the author, and maybe he or she can make a modified version...
    Last edited by Nameless_Voice; 23rd Sep 2006 at 19:46.

Other than doing a run, jump, duck, run combination (which I seem to be too slow at executing), is there any other way past the wall blades at the begining?

is there any other way past the wall blades at the begining?
    spoiler:
    this is what I did.

1)get as close to the blades as possible w/o getting hit.
    2)the lower blade...you want to run when it begins it's swing away from Garrett. Try to chase it, so to speak.
    3)then it's a matter of when to duck while still moving to avoid the other blade.

Clearinghouse
    I find only five the sun Where else? Small hint, please

There are several walls you can walk through.

Clearinghouse
    Thank you! I unattentive. This not blackjack, this torch!

Linky at thiefmissions.com pretty please?

The contest missions are only available at The Keep for now. Check this thread for all the download links.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    The contest missions are only available at The Keep for now. Check this thread for all the download links.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast