TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Contest-What Lies Below Sept. 22/06

Water Contest-What Lies Below Sept. 22/06

Has anyone started playing this one yet? It's fantastic but I'm stuck...(now there's a surprise, huh?)
    spoiler:
    I jumped down the drain and I'm now stuck in this room. Now what?

I also love the story and quite a few parts made me jump out of my skin. Excellent thus far!

Note:
    The thread for the New Dark version of this mission can be found here.

I finished this one earlier. It's a marvelous FM!

Look for a sign between the machines at the back.

Thanks, Sluggs!

Y'know, I think if our computers ever died a death you and I would have nervous breakdowns and have a life away from computers.

Wait, just went back and what machines? signs? I pulled the lever and it opened some doors in the water and then, well, darn it...am I missing something really obvious?
    Last edited by suewan; 22nd Sep 2006 at 12:59. Reason: spoilers not showing...

It's all true.

Edit: Yes, i think you're missing something really obvious! You have to climb up to the top, from the right.
    Last edited by sluggs; 22nd Sep 2006 at 13:09.

It looks like its going to be a fun mission ... but I hate the greyscale look.

BANNED
    I love the greyscale look myself, it seemed to make the atmosphere 1000% more evil! I really thought the
    spoiler:
    glyph stuff
    was cool as well. Only one thing though-
    spoiler:
    how in the hell do you make the glyph switches in the end shut the barrier down!!?

This was a fantastic mission! I never felt such an atmosphere in a thief mission... I liked the sound at the end, which was very good for atmosphere!

@DrSneak

spoiler:
    At first you should try to deactivate ALL glyphs, this is the easiest way to find a solution. After this, press the green glyph in the up left corner, then the green glyph in the down right corner. Then activate the green glyph in the up right corner. Two of the blue glyphs will get out now. Then activate the green glyph in the down left corner. The other two blue glyphs will get out now. Then activate the big red glyph and the blue ones are "online" again. So you can activate all glyphs.

Or do it like me...
    spoiler:
    ... and just frob glyphs at random. Sooner or later you'll arrive at either everything activated or deactivated. If it's the latter, frob the upper, lower, left, and right one. Then the center one. Then the diagonal ones.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    that glyph puzzle reminded me of an old old hand held video game i used to play, you had to make the lights appear in a pattern, and the response of lights, turning on/off with each press, i thought it was a very nice puzzle, i really like the little effects,
    spoiler:
    the keeper doors that fade out, the object water that allows you to wad in it and draw a weapon.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Probably you're thinking of the magic square game on Merlin. I had one as a kid and loved it. They've redone them now and our son has a new one (don't like the new buttons as much as the original though).

Original Merlin ca. 1978:

OK...so that's why I solved it so easliy!! Must have been reyling on old skills I forgot I had!

EDIT: I sometimes leave important words out of sentences. :
    Last edited by SlyFoxx; 22nd Sep 2006 at 21:31.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    thats the oned, i loved that thing. my puzzle for entering the dungeon in a debt repaid was inspired by simon, those old late 70s early 80s toys are great.

Fricken clueless at the end (I guess) of this one..

I've gotten to
    spoiler:
    the barrier and see no glyph except one on the top right ceiling (as u face the barrier) and when I jump to try to activate it - it doesn't frob....

Garrettwannabe: You've missed something!

Have a good look around Sector 14 Machine Room.

BANNED
    Got it! Nice twist of events-I love this FM!

bikerdude

TAFFING awesome..!!!!

Good morning...

Thu hast just completed thy mission and all thoust can say is " Oh... my.... builder.... "

Thoust hath said it before and Thoust shall say it again, thy bar just keeps getting higher and higher......Just think if thy level of goodlyness were to be bestowed upon other engines we wouldst so overflow with thiefly pride and excitement, it would be not possible to contain thy emotions and gratitude.

Who ever thy author of this mission is, I salute thee sir! you have surpassed all that hast cometh before, I amt in awe of thy work.

Well done sir, you shalst get my vote!

I wouldst dearly like to play thy mission in full colour...
    Last edited by bikerdude; 23rd Sep 2006 at 05:56. Reason: update

A little offtopic but... If I had entered the contest, my FM would have been called a Stroll in Venice
    Anyway, I didn't enter

Clearinghouse
    Help me!
    I activated all glyphs. I can not open this: http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/9639/closedxq6.jpg

clearing, there is a corridor nearby that reveals an ally, hear him out and you'll get the key.

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, SinisterShadow!
    spoiler:
    I have missed the medallion. Afterwards he appeared.

I still have my Merlin in storage.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    Garrettwannabe: You've missed something!

Have a good look around Sector 14 Machine Room.
    I don't see a
    spoiler:
    Sector 14 Machine Room.
    On the map
    spoiler:
    Sector 14 is an overflow area.

spoiler:
    The map is entitled Sector 15, but because you come to that Machine Room before you get to Sector 15 gateroom I foolishly assumed it was still in Sector 14.

ZylonBane
    Well, I'm stuck. Solved the glyph puzzle, it turned green, and then... nuthin'.

Argh.

ZB

spoiler:
    You need all blue and green glyphs on. Actually I had to perform this twice to get it to work.

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast