TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Water Contest - In These Enlightened Times Sept. 22/06

Water Contest - In These Enlightened Times Sept. 22/06

I'm a little confused about
    spoiler:
    the partial alphabet panel. I tried using the laundry list as a hint, but no luck.
    Last edited by john9818a; 26th Sep 2006 at 01:29. Reason: corrected FM name

spoiler:
    Try something much older instead. If you don't know what, have a look in you map.

John9818a

spoiler:
    It one of those puzzles that after you get it you think ...Duh! Think about what you got to read, and where you are.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    i thought it was a little difficult too,
    spoiler:
    you have the clue when the mission starts, the hardest part was the font in the beta, hopefully that got changed

Well I've looked over
    spoiler:
    the two letters and the map, found pool room in quotes several times, but still can't figure out the code.

john9818a: You may not be able to read the spoiler in the briefing. It says "Think about where you are".

I could read it even without highlighting it. When I think of that statement, I think of
    spoiler:
    swamp, temple, etc
    , but obivously not the right word.

spoiler:
    It is a big written word on the map, and it's much simpler than you think. Think of a name.

Well I tried
    spoiler:
    the name
    first and nothing happened. I tried it again after reloading Thief and it worked. Thanks.

Same for me... After the second time it worked...

Specifically, what is the word? I'm in a room called the pool room I think, but neither word works, no matter how many times I enter it.

spoiler:
    It's the only proper name on the map.

I know it's on the map, I just can't make out the majority of the writing on it.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    In that case (and I'm only guessing here since I haven't started this mission yet), it sounds like a map palette issue. You will probably have better luck reading it if you just open the map file in a paint program and see it with its own palette.

No, I guess it's more likely the font which was used, it's written in some sort of italic script.

TheNightTerror, you could read the letter from Trak Kempton instead.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    i had the same issue with the font in the beta and did bring it up, really my problem was that there wasn't much of a story here, but the level was pretty tense with the deep diving in the temple.

Voice Actor
    Am I the only one who has no title picture (it's using the one from the last mission I had loaded), blank objectives (even when I achieved one, it was a checkmark with nothing next to it), no map, and all the textures except the trees and furniture are Gorge? Navigating is tough when the walls, ceilings, floors, and everything are the same color with no visible edges, no shadows, no sense of whether you're moving or running up against a wall, etc. Underwater, navigation is impossible.

I used GL 1.32 and reinstalled T2 before installing the FM. I even looked inside the ZIP and, for those files whose locations I know, they appear to be there. Any suggestions?

Don

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I use DL 4.3 and revert to Original T2 before loading a new mission, no problems. Have you tried reverting to original before installing the FM?

This FM works OK with DL 4.2 and 4.3. Nightwalker tried it with GL (not sure which version) with no problems.

Try this.

First I should say I like this so far

Quote Originally Posted by dlw6 View Post
    Navigating is tough when the walls, ceilings, floors, and everything are the same color with no visible edges, no shadows, no sense of whether you're moving or running up against a wall, etc. Underwater, navigation is impossible.
    I also find it impossible, but it's nothing to do with textures (i.e. the mission loads fine for me). The underwater transparency is just so low that it obscures the textures.

It says in the readme "there is a solution to the problem... If you can find it."
    Well I can't find it
    Any ideas?

Check out the area near the big Cthulhu statue.

Thanks (though I found it just before I saw your post because someone else gave me a clue).

How the heck do u use that
    spoiler:
    crystal thingy as a light source?
    I'm blind as a bat w/o it......

Desperately dodgy geezer
    spoiler:
    Frobbing it in your inventory makes seeing underwater much clearer. It toggles on and off every time you frob it.

Voice Actor
    Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    I will try that tonight. If that doesn't work I'll upgrade GL (if there's a newer version) and/or reinstall T2.

Thanks,
    Don