TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Water Contest-Dangerous Conditions

Water Contest-Dangerous Conditions

I just finished playing Dangerous Conditions...my only complaint was that it was just too short! I wanted it to be that bit longer...but I loved the feel of the caves and the dampness of it. Excellent use of ambient sounds as well. However, in saying all that, I thought I explored everywhere but
    spoiler:
    still only got 180 out of 270 in loot. Clearly I missed something yet again? Any ideas anyone?

Very nice little mission with very nice caves. I got all the loot so it's all there, Suewan.

There are several crystals in the water near the first guard. Also one on top of one of the wooden huts that you might have missed.

I loved this FM. I thought the caves were very good and it was nice and simple.

I think i know who made this one. It's got the author written all over it!

Is there any way to complete the optional objective? Everytime I BJ someone, it "x"es out and if I try to place the explosive in the storeroom first then lure everyone in with a noise arrow, it "x"es out and the mission fails.

I can't see how. Even if you use the gas arrow, that objective still becomes failed.

Nightwalker,sluggs,
    spoiler:
    if you stay undetected and finished the objective with explosive device, than you 'll get diffrenet objective something like "now you really can't hurt anyone because explosion could happen any time". Very nice mission and if you want to finished optional objective you really have to be sneaky and moos arrow is very useful there.
    I enjoyed this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Is there any way to complete the optional objective?
    Yes - don't let anyone see you and don't attack anyone.

You only have to put everyone in the storeroom "If you don't want to avoid alerting or harming anyone". So if you ghost it successfully then no-one has to go in. After the bang the objective becomes inactive (single diagonal red line), not failed (red X).

Edit: Bah, Naks beat me to it!

I completely ghosted this one, but the optional stealth objective still got that red circle?
    I assume that the this is supposed to mean that the non-optional new objective makes it invalid, and that's why it gets the circle? In that case, the author should have made that objective disappear at that point, rather than making it inactive instead...

Mutters something about using [ spoil ] instead of [ spoiler ]...

Maybe the admin can change the S button to put SPOIL / SPOIL instead.

I think i know who made this one. It's got the author written all over it!
    I think Yandros released all of them.

I can't even imagine the amount of sleep the poor guy would've lost if he had . . .

Wasn't there a 'one FM per author' rule?

Yup, there was.

Nice caves. I liked it, that mantling out of the water and climbing worked so well! And pouring the bottles into the machine was really great, is that a new animation?

I used sample G on the machine, but then couldn't get it to do anything else... was something supposed to come first?

You need to put both samples into it first.

Voice Actor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless_Voice View Post
    I completely ghosted this one, but the optional stealth objective still got that red circle?
    I don't usually have the patience or skill to ghost but it was a nice change to ghost a short level like this. As far as I can tell, the "stealth" objective fails when the explosion causes the AIs to alert. I don't know anything about Quest Variables or AI alert levels so I don't know if it's possible to fix that. The author wouldn't want the "stealth" objective to be non-reversible, because if you were spotted AFTER the explosion you'd still want the objective to fail. On the other hand, making the AIs ignore the explosion wouldn't be realistic either. You'd have to script their response somehow.

Don

Oh my gosh! When I first climbed out of the water, I LITERALLY spent about a full minute just staring at the water!! This cave rivals that of INTO THE MAELSTROM!!

I've knocked out/killed all the guards and put them in the store room, and the objective to do so checks off. I then drop the explosive box in the store room, the "now you really can't hurt anyone because explosion could happen any time" objective comes off with an X trough its box, and I fail the mission. What am I doing wrong? I'm playing on normal difficulty.

I don't why that would happen. The thing that makes the second goal appear is supposed to be destoyed if the first goal appears.

I've just tested again and it worked fine for me. I did give myself a fright with the explostion that I set up though

Can't seem to find the water contest missions on thiefmissions.com - can someone please let me know where I can get them?

Like most of the contest missions, they can be found at the keep:
    http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/contestwater.htm
    Last edited by SinisterShadow; 15th Nov 2006 at 15:20.

Thank you SinisterShadow - off to download now - yippeeee!

the thing about this one I liked was the fact it used a different sound for the blackjack....
    (it sounded like the sound you get when you hit a guard with a KO-proof helmet)..

now HOW does that get done?

It was actually quite simple. I just copied one of the properties of the no-KO guards to the regular guards. You'll notice how the people without helmets still provide the usual thud.

I did it because as well as being more realistic, it made things just a little bit harder.