TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415202530354045 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming & Abandoned FMs List

Archivist

Dead missions

Another three dead projects. I guess nobody was still expecting these anyway.

- A Tale of Two Cities (T2)
    by hopper

Forum post: http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.ph...335#post742335

Notified by Private Messaging:
    Quote Originally Posted by hopper
    thank you for your interest. A Tale of Two Cities has been stone dead for ages. As my very first try at Dromed, the project got way too complex long before I even got started on objects or gameplay issues. At some time I considered it to be beyond remedy and abandoned it.
    - Untitled mission (T2)
    by Ieldra

Announcement thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73658
    Screenshots are still visible at the Keep: http://keepofmetalandgold.com/ej/ieldra/

Notified by email:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ieldra
    I regret that I didn't finish it, but somehow I couldn't bring myself to continue my work. There was more than one reason for this:
    (1) I got stuck planning the mission dynamics...
    (2) I got fed up with the engine limitations...
    (3) I was permanently fighting with some odd behavior of Dromed's.
    (4) Thief 3. The disenchantment with T3 resulted in more distance from
    its world.
    (5) Time constraints. Other things went up in priority...

The real "level editing" work was mostly finished, but some rooms only partly furnished or not at all. Mission dynamics and sound is still to be done.
    There is next to no chance I'll finish this, so - if you'd like to use my work for some mission of your own, you can have them - provided I still have them. In this case, I'd like to be mentioned in the credits, if you don't mind

Regards,
    Ieldra
    - The Brotherhood of Shadows (T2)
    by Nameless Voice

Announcement thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...erhood+Shadows

Screenshots can be found at
    The Nameless Tower: http://www.geocities.com/nameless_voice/ (and go to 'Screenshots')
    The Keep: http://keepofmetalandgold.com/ad/brotherhoodshadows/

This project was started many years ago. This post, from August 2004, already revealed that it would most likely never be finished.
    When I asked about it a year later it was officially cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice
    No, I think it's pretty dead, unfortunately.

- NV

NEW IN THE WORKS!!!

I'm working on 2 missions:

One is texturing a mission for Nightshifter:
    Part 2 of his Librarian series.

The second is my own mission. I can't decide on the name yet: The Hammer Girls or Dress Party. Nightshifter is doing a great job of custom scripting for me on this. And he is adding a lot of humorous bits and great ideas to it on the whole.

The mission was inspired by Yandros' Hammer Expansion pack and the call for submissions for a Hammer-based fan mission contest, which was cancelled. My idea was to make a mission where the Hammerites, desperate to swell their ranks and return to their former position of glory in society, decide to admit women into the order. Yandros made some really nice female ai for this. Garrett's mission will bring him into contact with the various situations -- sometimes tragic, sometimes funny -- that this new co-ed version of the Hammerites brings about.

Plot, Storyline and most of the events, characters and objectives are already mapped out. I never mapped everything out like this before, and always got in too deep and became lost in my own building. It's been further broken down into 3 parts, to make it easier for me to get each part out. Especially the first one!

I plan to release the first part of the mission for beta-testing no later than autumn of 2008.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Woohoo! I can't wait!

In my own news, Moghedian and I have completed the plans for the story for Death's Cold Embrace, which has been in the works in some form or other since 2002. Our draft is being reviewed with Peter Smith currently, but it looks like it will stand as a tragedy in two acts, with 15 scenes across 9 missions. The style will most closely resemble being inside an interactive movie adaptation of a Shakespeare story (although it takes place in the Thief universe, between T1 and T2). I hope to update my website soon with a description which will give away just a tiny bit of the storyline - no spoilers of course. We're hoping for a release before the end of the year (it sounds hugely ambitious I know, but most of the brushwork has been done for years).

In the less distant future, Deceptive Perception 2 is still creeping along towards Beta 1. I reached a small milestone today by finishing off the building of what is hopefully the last new area I'll have to do, so now it's back to scripting stuff.

Update: My website updated with new screens and a little story info.
    Last edited by Yandros; 11th Mar 2008 at 23:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    ...it looks like it will stand as a tragedy in two acts, with 15 scenes across 9 missions. The style will most closely resemble being inside an interactive movie adaptation of a Shakespeare
    We're hoping for a release before the end of the year
    WOW!!

Those screenies for Death's Cold Embrace look delicious!
    Last edited by klatremus; 12th Mar 2008 at 00:04.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Might need to abandon it, but I truly don't want to

I moved into this new house, and two things happened immediately: my modem was fried and then my pc was fried. Then we found out that the plug in was shorting out, and somehow fried my pc and modem THROUGH my sixbar without even touching the sixbar itself (it still works fine). Right now, I use my laptop and there is not enough visual room for thief and dromed. I wish there was. My pc is sitting in the living room, lonely, full of unplayed games and undromeded ai. When I plug it in, the led lights up, but then I hit the power button and it goes dead. Sigh.

Nooze

Okay, it may be vaguely rash to say this, but, after much consideration, I have decided that over the next few weeks at least I'm going to at least try to get back into working on my missions. Or at least one of them, anyway.

I am going on holiday for three weeks starting tomorrow. While a fair amount of time will involve me being occupied on other things, I am also likely to have some fairly considerable chunks of time to kick my heels in - not least of which will be 26 hours stuck in planes (yey for powered seats...)

For the moment, Mages of Drom's Head will remain on hold - my existing plans for the mission involve some things I'm not sure I can pull off. It has a very intricate plot, and involves effects that I will need to experiment with a lot. My other mission, Shadowed Mayfield, is rather less insanely ambitious - being, effectively, a city/warehouse/docks mission - and I've decided to see whether I can make something good out of it.

To that end, I've fixed the screenshots link in my sig so it points to the current gallery for the mission (which contains some shots of the current state, along with a photo for comparison), and the lappy has been loaded up and tested with the tools, files and voodoo I think I'll need. Now I just need to remember dromeding properly

Archivist
    Caradavin: I hope you manage to recover your dromEd files (as well as your other documents). Let us know.

It's sad to see it still happens that people lose their work because of pc problems.

The Watcher: Thanks for the update! I hope anything comes out of it.

Those screens of Shadowed Mayfield look good Always interesting to see missions based on actual buildings.

Redleaf Square

Wow -- just got back from the Weary Taffer, and that Olde Castle looks so good -- how do wonderful places like that get abandoned? I was really impressed but a bit sad that it was never going to come to light.

I decided to check out Yandros' upcoming fms to cheer myself up. I died and went to taffer heaven when I saw the screenies of Death's Cold Embrace. They're brilliant! And there's one section that looks so much like my old hometown of Newburyport, Massachusetts, that it made me feel wicked homesick. And when I saw the blowup of the image that most looks like Newburyport, I spotted a little sign in the street that reads "Redleaf Square." *sigh*

Whoever and wherever Polygon is, he (or she) is right up there with the best of the Dromedian Masters of Architecture.

Archivist
    It seems like the mission by Spike14, BaffTaff2, is no longer in progress. And it might be even cancelled.

The screens he posted date from 2004 (Still up for people to look at), and there hasn't been any talk of BaffTaff 2 since 2006.
    This is the reason why we haven't seen Spike around lately.

Until he returns, and gives us any clarity, the place for his mission will be the abandoned missions list.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    Wow -- just got back from the Weary Taffer, and that Olde Castle looks so good -- how do wonderful places like that get abandoned? I was really impressed but a bit sad that it was never going to come to light.
    It wasn't easy giving up the castle. I really wanted to do that mission, but had too many other things going on. Who knows, I might go back and finish it myself someday, but I went ahead and put it up for adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    I decided to check out Yandros' upcoming fms to cheer myself up. I died and went to taffer heaven when I saw the screenies of Death's Cold Embrace. They're brilliant! And there's one section that looks so much like my old hometown of Newburyport, Massachusetts, that it made me feel wicked homesick. And when I saw the blowup of the image that most looks like Newburyport, I spotted a little sign in the street that reads "Redleaf Square." *sigh*

Whoever and wherever Polygon is, he (or she) is right up there with the best of the Dromedian Masters of Architecture.
    Glad to have brought you a nostalgic moment, redleaf.
    Here's the screenshot for those of you who haven't checked them out yet:

Poly was a unique talent IMHO. Most people here have only seen his two small missions Zombie in the Basement and Sinful Opportunities. While they showcase some of his building ability, they pale in comparison of walking around the Dayport/Fairbanks map in the snow. And considering he did that work in 2004 before there were lots of ready-to-use custom textures and objects makes it all the more impressive. I'm most sad though that we can no longer contact him, so he may never even know when we finally release DCE, hopefully late this year.

And thanks for noticing the sign, there are quite a few nice custom signs in that mission, including one funny one with a bunny on it. Almost half of the campaign (4 of 9 missions) takes place in that map, so those of you who play it will come to know it well.

Archivist

Update

- 1 author added: redleaf
    - removed the mission 'UnMasked' from Nielsen74's Fm(s) in development (released)
    - removed the mission 'The Flying Age' from sterlino's Fm(s) in development (released)
    - new screenshot link for the mission of the following authors: HipBreaker, Ilmaree, The Watcher, Yandros
    - latest news link(s) for the mission(s) of the following authors: BlackGoat, Caradavin, Eshaktaar, Ilmaree, mkadlec, Nielsen74, R Soul, Sensut, Spike14, sterlino, The Watcher, Yandros
    - filled in a Current status for the mission of the following author: Sensut
    - updated the Current status for the mission(s) of the following authors: Caradavin, mkadlec, Troutpack
    - filled in an Estimated release date for the mission of the following author: Sensut
    - changed the Estimated release date for the mission(s) of the following authors: DrK, mkadlec
    - moved the following authors, and his missions, to the List of Abandoned Fanmissions: BlackGoat (Untitled), mkadlec (Flatstory), Spike14 (BaffTaff2)

- colour code change: Beauty-Man (orange into green), Caradavin (orange into red), Cavalorn (green into orange), Spike14 (orange into red), tdbonko (green into orange), The Watcher (Shadowed Mayfield - orange into red), Troutpack (green into orange)

Archivist
    The debut mission that thiefinthedark worked on, will never be released.
    All his work was lost in a hd crash.

A couple screenshots were revealed in 2006:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110332

Quote Originally Posted by thiefinthedark
    After a double Harddrive failure and it becoming increasingly hard to run Thief 2 and Dromed on modern hardware, i've had to call it quits. I could dig up the plotline and release it to the community if anyone is interested, but i'm moving on to work on the Thief-Inspired Multiplayer game i was shopping for advice for earlier in the month.

Sorry for not letting you know earlier.
    It will soon be deleted from the upcoming missions list.

Archivist

Lost FM's

More lost missions. Two authors reported that their project(s) will never make it to release.

- Several missions
    by Chade

Notified by PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chade
    ... As far as my old missions go, I never ended up finishing them, and I
    would have deleted them a couple of months ago when I reformatted my old
    computer and sent it to a friend (if they hadn't already been deleted
    long before, that is).
    The mission I referred to in my recent post, if I remember correctly
    (this is definately not guaranteed), was a thief 1 mission... It was by
    far the most fun mission I ever worked on, but it was also one
    of the first I ever worked on, and it felt more like a protracted
    gameplay experiment then a fun cohesive mission. I grew unsatisfied
    with it and decided to try something less crazy. In hindsight, that was
    a really poor decision. But hey: it's too late now!

The mission I referred to in that old post was the less crazy one I
    moved on to. It was better designed, in many ways, but it was just too
    uninspiring to work on. I like experimentation, and that mission had
    none of it.

I never ended up finishing either of them (I also toyed around with
    creating an underwater crayman mission, but found the lack of sound
    propogation to be too limiting).

Chade
    - Hammerite Tower (T2)
    by DarkTemplar

Mentioned:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...824#post810824 & http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...874#post810874

Notified by email:
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTemplar
    ... the first what I can tell You is, that my work of 4 or five months was
    completely deleted by myself (I installed Suse Linux and forgot to save the mission.....aaaaaargh). So all is lost, textures, missiondata, all :-(
    But now I setup a new VM und installed a clean Windows, so I can run Thief2 (it wont't work if it found Nero etc.) and build a new mission again. Hard work, I cant't remember, that it is so time-killing and exhausting to build structures. The only good message is, that all of my deleted work is still in my head.

I've read your post, thanks for the flowers (I'm not sure, if I can sy it so in English). My Favorite is also the way down to the zombie-cave. But I always was killed by the guards before I was able to reach this point...
    thanks for your mail.

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    It seems like the mission by Spike14, BaffTaff2, is no longer in progress. And it might be even cancelled.

The screens he posted date from 2004 (Still up for people to look at), and there hasn't been any talk of BaffTaff 2 since 2006.
    This is the reason why we haven't seen Spike around lately.

Until he returns, and gives us any clarity, the place for his mission will be the abandoned missions list.
    Aarg.

School.

Archivist
    Bones, a two mission campaign in development since 2002, by zacharias and Storybuilder, seems to be on a permanent hold.

It's silent around the project since 2006, and both authors haven't been around for many months.
    That's why it'll be no longer listed as "upcoming".

This is what zacharias told me by email, in February 07:
    Quote Originally Posted by zacharias
    Well...real life stuff really got in the way here for me. I'm pretty ashamed of how this thing has just dragged on and on but that's what has happened. I would say mission 1 will probably eventually be released, as it is really at 90% but i don't know if i have the energy for mission 2, as it has plenty of problems and dead areas (it's not at 90%, maybe 60-70%). I'd prefer to start something new really than work on a tired semi-working mission. I might however release mission 2 as a dead mission.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 19th Apr 2008 at 08:54.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

Phantom

Thief Gold "Castle of the Dead" was released on April,18 2008

Archivist
    For over two years it is silent around kamyk's debut mission in progress. Due to real-life issues he spent hardly any time with dromEd over that period.

It's unsure if he returns or not. Anyway, his mission info will be moved to the abandoned missions list.

Archivist

Update

- 3 authors added: Brynolf, KellyG, Zontik
    - 2 authors removed: darthsLair (Castle of the Dead) (Reason: mission released), thiefinthedark (Untitled) (Reason: mission lost)
    - added a yet Untitled mission to john9818a's Fm(s) in development
    - added the mission 'The Five Tigers: Claw of the Tiger' to Catman's Fm(s) in development
    - removed the mission 'The Five Tigers: Eye of the Tiger' from Catman's Fm(s) in development (released)
    - filled in a temporary name for redleaf's Fm in development: Hammer Girls' Dress Party
    - new screenshots link for the mission(s) of the following authors: HipBreaker, john9818a, Ravenhook, redleaf, SlyFoxx, tdbonko
    - latest news link(s) for the mission of the following authors: Catman, Cavalorn, Digital Nightfall, DrK, gaetane, john9818a, kamyk, masterthief3, Nightstroll, R Soul, Ravenhook, Saturnine, SlyFoxx, sterlino, Storybuilder, tdbonko, The Watcher, Wille, Yandros, zacharias
    - filled in the Current status for the mission of the following authors: HipBreaker, tdbonko
    - updated the Current status for the mission(s) of the following authors: Nightstroll, Ravenhook, Saturnine, SlyFoxx, sterlino, The Watcher
    - filled in an Estimated release date for the mission(s) of the following authors: Saturnine, SlyFoxx
    - changed the Estimated release date for the mission of the following authors: MH.TheFreak, nicked, Nightstroll
    - details for the mission of the following author: john9818a
    - updated details for the mission of the following authors: Catman, redleaf
    - added the thread All who are members of this forum, Please Read. to the list of 'Other threads about upcoming missions'
    - moved the following authors, and their mission, to the List of Abandoned Fanmissions: kamyk (Untitled), Storybuilder (Bones), zacharias (Bones)

- colour code change: Cavalorn (orange into green), Gian (green into orange), HipBreaker (orange into green), kamyk (orange into red), Storybuilder (orange into red), The Watcher (Shadowed Mayfield - red into orange), zacharias (orange into red)

Archivist
    News about Oneiroscope's upcoming mission Abiding in Darkness.

The author lost all the dromEd files when his computer died.
    It might be remade, but until then it's declared dead.

Therefore his fm details will be moved to the abandoned missions list.

The Architect
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    - latest news link(s) for the mission of the following authors: Digital Nightfall
    Keep it green, TP. Keep it green.

Just I want to annouce, that about the Bathory 3 will be a little delay because of technical issues. Not in this spring, but later due.

Another update:

SoE:2's final release date is the end of October (Save for any technical problems, obviously).

Stormrunner is now shooting for the end of June.

Archivist
    Because he hasn't been seen at ttlg since 2005, and can no longer be contacted in any way, it seems clear that Polygon left the Thief scene

Searching the web for ways to get in touch with him, only brings up dead links and old email adressess, no longer working.

Until a few years ago, the author was working on Death's Cold Embrace. Work on this campaign continued by Yandros and Moghedian, who still have the intention to finish it.
    Polygon is still mentioned as being working on DCE. His name will be removed from the upcoming missions list, in the next update.

Beside this, he also had two other missions in development. Parts 3 and 4 of his "Small Thief Series", sequels to Ack! There's a zombie in the basement & Sinful Opportunities.

The last, and only, time i got in contact with him, back in June 2006, he shared a few screens. It showed some great scenery and design elements.
    One mission was set in a puzzling dream world with very strange (revolutionary) architecture. Recently talked about by Yandros in this post.
    The other is a spooky mission about an abandoned house on a high cliff, in the middle of the sea.

Poly was ahead of his time, and it's a shame they were never released.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 26th Apr 2008 at 16:49.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I agree with that decision, Phantom. Poly will be listed as a primary author of DCE when we finish it, because so much of the design is his. But it seems he won't be involved in its completion. I also tried again recently to contact him at several addresses, including the one listed under his domain registration, to no avail.

Besides the two unfinished missions you mentioned, I know of a third he was working on which had a real moving train that the player could ride in, and you could actually walk from car to car while the train moved through the mission (as opposed to the train missions done heretofore in which the scenery moves past a stationary train). It would certainly have raised the bar on those kinds of missions. I have a few shots he sent me back in 2004 or so, if I can dig them up I'll post them somewhere. Unfortunately, he never sent the mission to anyone as far as I know.

Edit:
    I received word from Dark Assassin that s/he is having to halt work on updating John D.'s missions indefinitely due to RL issues. DA has sent all un-updated (original) missions to one of our primary hosts to make available again at some point in the event that s/he decides to give up for good in the future.
    Last edited by Yandros; 27th Apr 2008 at 20:44.

Archivist
    Ilmaree, who announced his/her FM in progress two years ago, hasn't been around on the forums ever since.

A few screens were posted in this thread, and that's the only news we ever heard.
    Perhaps it's abandoned, perhaps it's still alive, no way to get in touch with the author and ask.

Screenshots are still up on the following page: http://home.uchicago.edu/~ekam/old_p...ief/index.html

Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415202530354045 ... LastLast