TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 510152021222324252627282930354045 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming & Abandoned FMs List

King's Story - change status please.
    Beta-testing now.

Anyone heard any news on Black Frog or the When Still.. campaign? Really looking forward to those two. I know that Black Frog is (hopefully) still being worked on and When Still... entered beta testing a while back - it'd be nice if mission authors kept their fans updated

We're excited about the work you are doing so let us know more often!

When Still is still in beta testing. I don't know how much longer it will be but things are progressing well.

Great news - thanks Tannar!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Gaetane was asking questions in The Editor's Guild recently so I think it's safe to assume Black Frog is still active as well.

More great news! And thank you Yandros.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    it'd be nice if mission authors kept their fans updated
    Despite the smilie, that sounds like a bit of a jab. I don't think authors should feel like they have any obligation to do this, and tbh, I'd rather have them focus on getting the mission finished so it can be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Despite the smilie, that sounds like a bit of a jab.
    Not a jab at all - though you seem to want to make it into one. It was a joking remark about how excited people (myself included) get when they know a mission is nearing its completion. If anything I think giving fairly constant updates will excite folks even more and keep them more in-the-loop, and will in turn get the author much more (deserved) support to keep them headed toward the finish line. The authors deserve constant support so that they dont end up another "I lost my drive after the mission was nearly complete and scrapped it" story - those are always hard to read.

That, and if you honestly think that dropping by for 30 seconds to post "hey, my mission is coming along nicely" or something similar once every month or two on the forum will take away much needed dromed time - lets not get delusional. Thats just being silly. One post every couple months to let people know the project is still alive (and stir up support for the author) is not going to hinder building progress more than a minute or two.

If you'd rather people disappear from the community for months at a time and then either just show up one day and release the mission out of nowhere or scrap it altogether then that's your deal. Otherwise you are looking for a negative comment where there wasn't one - I was being very positive. The authors owe us nothing obviously - but I've never seen an update post that doesn't stir the community and garner lots of support and comments.

Keep digging.

If anything I think giving fairly constant updates will excite folks even more and keep them more in-the-loop, and will in turn get the author much more (deserved) support to keep them headed toward the finish line.
    It's a difficult line to walk. On the one hand, regular updates are nice - I know that I like to hear how authors are doing, and the encouragement from players is very helpful and appreciated when talking about my own missions in development.

But there's the risk of giving away too much, too, and ruining the surprise for the community.

Finding the happy medium between them is not always easy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    But there's the risk of giving away too much, too, and ruining the surprise for the community.
    Fair enough, but I don't think saying "Still working on my mission - last month it was at (x %) done and now its at (x %)" is going to give away many plot twists or vital information.

I use percentages as a silly example - but really just knowing the mission is still bring worked on is alot better than seeing all of these missions go into orange and then red with not so much as a word in a year or more. Not every "update" needs to be screenshots and plot details. Obviously the old way (rarely ever updating) is how I assume it will stay and there is no obligation for more updates more often but as a big thief fan mission fan it would be nice to see

Southquarter.com/fms
    One post every couple months to let people know the project is still alive (and stir up support for the author) is not going to hinder building progress more than a minute or two.
    That's a solid point, but if so, then why don't more authors do it? I'd say off the top of my head, the majority don't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    I think this is part of the answer. The other part is simply, some people don't like to talk about themselves or their projects. They see it as being egotistical or narcissistic, whether it's true or not.

Also, I think there have been authors over the years who give updates, talk about their level, even write journals on their mission's design, and then for whatever reason, the mission never gets released and they feel stupid. Maybe they even think talking about it will jinx it.

Its funny - one subforum is talking about how dead TTLG is and in this one we encourage less posting about missions and projects.

I don't understand this place sometimes.

Archivist
    It would be nice if authors could post an update once in a while, to share whatever they want to share

With the forums back to the old location (thanks David!) the updates will resume the coming days.

I would, except for the fact that there's not really anything to report... Well, other than the fact that I haven't worked on my projects in a long time. School is getting in the way. However, spring break is coming up, so I will have some quality time with dromed then.

I've sort of hit a snag with haunt stadium deluxe, because I want to implement something but it isn't easy.

edit:
    FM in development: Haun Stadium Deluxe (T1/TG)
    Phantom, if you could please, change this to

Haunt Stadium Deluxe (T2)

Thanks! (sorry if I didn't make it clear, HSD is for Thief 2.)
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 6th Mar 2010 at 11:54.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    I think this is part of the answer. The other part is simply, some people don't like to talk about themselves or their projects. They see it as being egotistical or narcissistic, whether it's true or not.
    That's exactly how I feel about that matter. I can't help but think: and what if nobody cares?

On the other hand I don't want to give away too much, of course. That's why I rarely post about my upcoming project, and if I do it means that I am at a good point of the whole work. (or that I need some encouragement....)
    Last edited by Lady Rowena; 6th Mar 2010 at 11:30. Reason: trying to delete that "begin template...." what the hell......

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    It would be nice if authors could post an update once in a while, to share whatever they want to share
    Fair enough.
    The mission is almost done. I have already set beta 3 to the testers, there would be another beta before the mission is released, in early May probably.

Archivist

Changelog

of the Upcoming missions list on the 1st page

Changes implemented from 11 February to 9 March 2010

---------------------

Five authors added:
    - casalor, with the FM 'One step behind' (T2)
    - DarkMax, with the FM 'Looking For Info' (T2)
    - jericho, with the FM 'The Best FM' (T2)
    - Shadowhide, with the FM 'After Dark' (T2)
    - Silencium18, with the FM 'City Conflict part 5' (T2)
    - zappen, with the FM 'Garrett's Young Years Xtra' (T2)

Three authors removed:
    - john-the-begger, with the FM 'Defense Assassination 2' (for T2). Reason: mission released!
    - PsymH, with the FM 'The Mirror of the Return' (for T2). Reason: mission released!
    - zappen, with the FM 'Garrett's Young Years Xtra' (for T2). Reason: mission released!

Missions added:
    - FM Aria Part 2: The Curse on the Cruise (T2) to EZ-52's profile.

Changed the name of EZ-52's upcoming FM from 'Aria Part 1: The Hammersmith's Sword' into 'Aria Part 1: Being Human'
    New screenshots link for the missions of the authors: GORT, intruder, Sensut
    Latest news link for the missions of the authors: darthsLair, DrK, Eternauta, EZ-52, GORT, Haplo, intruder, john-the-begger, Sensut, SlyFoxx, sNeaksieGarrett, The Flesheaters, Wille, Zontik
    Filled in the Current status for the mission of the author: EZ-52
    Updated the Current status for the missions of the authors: GORT, Haplo, intruder, Nivellen, Queue, Sensut, sNeaksieGarrett, Zontik
    Filled in an Estimated release date for the missions of the authors: darthsLair, EZ-52
    Removed details for the mission of the author: Sliptip
    Updated profiles of the authors: EZ-52, GORT, Sliptip
    Removed Assistance requests for the authors: Ravenhook, Yandros

Color code change for the missions of the authors: EZ-52 (orange into green), Nivellen (green into orange), SlyFoxx (green into orange), tdbonko (green into orange)
    Last edited by The Phantom; 9th Mar 2010 at 13:10. Reason: Added Shadowhide

S'pose I'd better make this official:

Author: nicked
    Fm(s) in development: Sturmdrang Peak (possibly working title)
    Details: Epic size castle mission. Gonna be hugenormous.
    Author's earlier mission(s): Treason & Plot, From Beneath the Sands, A Pirate's Downfall, Island of Madness, Memoirs of a Dead God, Vampire Skull, Whispers in the Desert
    Current status: In progress, working on the architecture. ~10% complete.
    Latest news:
    I think I put some screenies in the "What are you working on?" thread but I can't remember which page.
    Estimated release date: Probably not this year.
    Screenshots: See "What are you working on?" thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Five authors added:
    - zappen, with the FM 'Garrett's Young Years Xtra' (T2)

Three authors removed:
    - zappen, with the FM 'Garrett's Young Years Xtra' (for T2). Reason: mission released!
    This seems weird. Oh well, in the wonderful world of FMs everything is possible.

Author: Shadowhide
    Fm(s) in development: After Dark (name may chane)
    Details: Wood's/Village/Caves mission/
    Author's earlier mission(s): Dark Wood 1/2
    Current status: In progress, working on the architecture. 60% complete.
    Estimated release date: 2010

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    This seems weird. Oh well, in the wonderful world of FMs everything is possible.
    Not that weird . The changelog shows an overview of a month of updates, and zappen was first added and later removed again.

Shadowhide: I've added you to the list and mentioned this in the changelog.

Tsk, removals. I suppose we should do something about numbers going down instead of up, so...

New mission: Xavier's Library (T2)
    Previous missions: I'm still a Mission Release Virgin.
    Current status: in progress
    Estimated progress: about 50% overall complete
    Other details: mansion variant (library/gallery mission), delayed entry to Uncadonago's No-Pressure (un)Contest.
    Latest news:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post1971428
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post1969268
    Screenshots:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post1969268
    http://t2.starforge.co.uk/index.cgi?...levels&level=3 (also includes level background description)

Archivist
    Mission added and profile updated, The Watcher. Thanks for reporting

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by PsymH View Post
    This looks very interesting. I hope to see Belboz back in TDM, this would be great
    belboz's site: http://www.bookofages.co.uk
    http://www.bookofages.co.uk/doom3/mods/dufford.html Lord Dufford's. Maybe I'm wrong.

Archivist
    Are you saying that belboz = Stumpy on the DM forum, clearing? I haven't been able to find a mention of 'Lord Dufford's on bookofages so I'm not sure it's him.

But if so, it's good to know he's back in the Thief scene .
    I'd rather see belboz finish his TTGM campaign with dromEd, but regrettably he dropped that years ago.

Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 510152021222324252627282930354045 ... LastLast