TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 611162126272829303132333435364146 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming & Abandoned FMs List

Thanks for all you're doing, Watcher.

Archivist

Changelog

of the Upcoming missions list (see FIRST PAGE)

Changes implemented from
    18 December 2010 to 23 January 2011

---------------------

One author added:
    - nicked, with the FM 'Sturmdrang Peak' (for T2)

New screenshots for the missions of the authors: Random_Taffer & Yandros (Death's..), Team CoSaS, The Watcher (Xavier's..), vexd
    Latest news for the missions of the authors: Cavalorn, Eternauta, gaetane, john9818a, Lady Rowena, nicked, Queue, Savar, Shadowspawn (belated), Team CoSaS, The Watcher, vexd
    Filled in the Current status for the missions of the authors: john9818a, Queue
    Updated the Current status for the missions of the authors: gaetane, Lady Rowena, Savar, sNeaksieGarrett
    Changed the Estimated release date for the mission of the author: Eternauta, intruder, sNeaksieGarrett (Haunt..), The Watcher
    Updated profile of the authors: Cavalorn, Queue

Color code change for the missions of the authors: jericho (green into orange), john9818a (orange into green), marshall banana (green into orange), sNeaksieGarrett (Lord Bafford's.. - green into orange), Turcaill (green into orange)
    Last edited by The Phantom; 27th Feb 2011 at 07:00.

Monster Arena may never come out. This all depends on NV updating his scripts so that they are compatible with Tos' multiplayer patch. I suppose I could release it as is, and call it a beta or something, but it'd be nice to have it work the way it was intended.

(This mission is supposed to be multiplayer compatible, but in its current state that really isn't possible. Sure you can play it in mp, but it doesn't work properly. I.e. AI don't respawn. That's the most important feature for this, and without it ruins the challenge to multiplayer.)

As for the rest of my projects, I have to be honest here and say that I have not been very motivated as of late in working on them, and with school started I don't really feel like I'll have the time and motivation. So, I'll just say they are still on hold until further notice.

As an addendum to my previous message, I've finished jury duty, but now been informed that my landlord wants to sell the flat I live in (never rains but it pours, eh?), so my wife and I now need to hunt for somewhere else and move. I'm working on Xavier's when I can, and making decent progress (fairly soon I'm going to need a couple of alpha testers just to make sure my level doesn't blow up on anyone else's system...) but moving will take priority...

The first mission in my "Prequel" campaign is in Alpha testing. But I don't expect to start Beta any time soon. My To Do List still has over 70 items on it, and will grow as I receive alpha tester feedback. Maybe release by this Xmas?

Archivist
    I've updated the Rules & Regulations post for the Upcoming list today.

Concerning point 2:

OLD
    2. When your FM can be mentioned
    In general, FMs have to be at least 50% completed overall before they can be listed.
    However, missions that are
    A) part of a series (sequel or prequel) or
    B) a remake of the author's earlier FM
    can be added any time, but with limited info until it reaches 50% completion.
    NEW
    2. When your FM can be mentioned
    In general, FMs have to be at least 25 % completed overall before they can be listed.
    However, missions that are
    A) part of a series (sequel or prequel) or
    B) a remake of the author's earlier FM
    can be added at any moment of development.
    I thought 50% completed before allowing it to list it was a bit too much. This way FMs in progress can be mentioned in a much earlier state Also I scrapped the limited info bit in the last sentence, as nobody really bothered to send the remaining info once it was 50% completed.

Concerning point 7:

OLD
    ... Reporting news is voluntarily but I would like to ask every author listed to make a public news update, no matter how small, once every 12 months, to state it's progress. Otherwise your profile will be removed because of inactivity.
    NEW
    ... Reporting news is voluntarily but I would like to ask every author listed to make a public news update, no matter how small, once every 15 months, to state it's progress. After a year, an author will receive a reminder to update his profile, giving him three months to do so.
    Once 15 months have passed since news was posted, the entry of the author will be deleted due to inactivity. The FM is presumed to be abandoned, or it's presumed that the author no longer visits the forum.
    Concerning points 8:

Your FM info can be removed because of the following reasons:
    (...)
    - because of no public news update for a period of 15 months 12 months;
    So the time before a mission gets removed has been raised from 12 to 15 months.
    To indicate the likelyhood a mission gets released, the color coding (green, orange, red) will change the longer no news has been posted.

I think these changes are for the better, Phantom. Thanks for doing this. If you don't mind my pointing it out, there is a typo in Point 7:

"... Reporting news is voluntarily ..." Should be: "... Reporting news is voluntary ..."

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Hi Phantom, I am a little burned out after releasing The Deadly Triangle, Thief Reloaded Contest, so Dark Is the Lair, Will have to be put on hold for now. Originally I was to release it by Jan 31st, but found it impossible. I would mark it as Release date unknown for now. Thankyou !

Archivist
    No problem, Tannar . Glad someone is paying attention.

darthsLair: Thanks for telling. Profile updated.

Archivist

Changelog

Changes implemented from
    29 January 2011 to 27 February 2011

---------------------

New screenshots for the missions of the authors: Random_Taffer & Yandros (Death's..), The Watcher (Xavier's..)
    Latest news for the missions of the authors: darthsLair (Dark..), DrK, intruder, LarryG, nightshifter, sNeaksieGarrett, The Watcher
    Filled in the Current status for the missions of the authors: Cavalorn, DrK, sNeaksieGarrett (for Haunt.. & Lord..)
    Updated the Current status for the missions of the authors: And (SoA Pt1), darthsLair (Dark..), intruder, LarryG, nightshifter, Sliptip (The First..), SlyFoxx, The Watcher (Shadowed..)
    Changed the Estimated release date for the mission of the author: darthsLair (Dark..)
    Updated profile of the authors: Caradavin, DrK, dyald, ghost_in_the_shell, Moghedian, R Soul, Shadowspawn, SlyFoxx, The Flesheaters, Turcaill, Vasmarok, Wille

Color code change for the missions of the authors:
    Shadowhide (After Dark 2 - green into orange),
    Sliptip (The First.. - green into orange),
    sNeaksieGarrett (Haunt.. - green into orange; Monster.. - orange into red),
    Vasmarok (green into orange)
    Last edited by The Phantom; 6th Apr 2011 at 16:15.

Thanks Phantom for the updated, Phantom.

Shouldn´t The Flesheaters also be removed from your list, as all parts of The Cabal are released meanwhile...

The Phantom:

I made some progress with "Trail of Blood 2". The mission is now in alpha test and I expect it to be ready for release in May.

Archivist
    intruder: Good to hear that . Updated your profile.
    Florian: I thought there was still one part to be released in this series. Thanks for telling.

This thread continues to be an amazing source of news. Thank you for your hard work The Phantom.

In between DromEd crashing (not even starting, not allowing me to enter game mode etc...) I am actually getting work done on a single mission presently called Book of Rose:
    • Game: Thief 2
    • Title: Book of Rose (title may change)
    • Current status: very much in progress, 55% done
    • Estimated release date: Autumn 2011
    • Type of mission: single mission, Hammerites, climbing, mostly indoors, classic thieving, some roof tops
    • Previously released mission: The Sun Within and The Sun Without
    • Story: Garrett has been hired by "another fat nobleman" (the nobleman's actual fatness may be debatable) to acquire a certain book which is supposed to be found in a distant Hammerite monastery/library north of The City.

I also have a medium-sized campaign in the works:
    • Title: Old Sins Cast Long Shadows
    • Current status: on hold, 30% done
    • Estimated release date: 2013
    • Type of mission: campaign (4 missions), city with roof tops, caverns, mansion
    • Story: This campaign takes place before the events in T1, but are related: Garrett hears about a friend from long gone days and is forced to take action.

And then there is this mission:
    • Title: Hunting Season (title may change)
    • Current status: on hold, 25% done
    • Estimated release date: When I turn 65?
    • Type of mission: single mission, prison break in/out (inspired by Piranesi's prison etchings)
    • Story: You're in prison, get out! You're not in prison, get in!
    Last edited by qolelis; 27th Mar 2011 at 00:48.
    "Nah, I'm retired; get off my lawn!"

Archivist
    Missions added, qolelis. I sent you a PM.

Real life has been hampering progress on Merrick's Cellar. I'm approaching 90% completion and hope to have an alpha ready within a month or so.

Archivist
    Sounds good . I've updated your profile.

Archivist

Changelog

Changes implemented from
    6 March 2011 until 6 April 2011

---------------------

One author added:
    - qolelis, with the FMs 'Book of Rose', 'Old Sins Cast Long Shadows' and 'Hunting Season' (all for T2)

Three authors/teams removed:
    - Eternauta, with the FM 'The Last Lighthouse Keeper' (for T2). Reason: mission released! (go to thread)
    - The Flesheaters, with the FM campaign 'The Cabal' (for T3). Reason: all missions released! (last: Feb 2011 - Part 4)
    - Turcaill, with the FM 'Evirath's Misery II' (for T2). Reason: no news for over a year (last: June 2009)

New screenshots for the missions of the authors: GORT, Nivellen, qolelis, The Watcher, Yandros & Random_Taffer
    Latest news for the missions of the authors: gaetane, GORT, intruder, Nivellen, vexd, Yandros & Random_Taffer
    Updated the Current status for the mission of the author: gaetane, intruder, theImmortalThief (Bane III), vexd
    Filled in an Estimated release date for the mission of the author: intruder
    Changed the Estimated release date for the missions of the authors: Eternauta, Savar

Color code change for the missions of the authors:
    Caradavin (Lord Maguire part 2) - orange into red
    EZ-52 (Aria Part 1 & 2) - orange into red)
    marshall banana (Time Outside of Time) - orange into red
    The Watcher (Shadowed Mayfield) - green into orange

Updated the Rules & Regulations (point 3)
    Last edited by The Phantom; 13th Jun 2011 at 09:29.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Turcaill, with the FM 'Evirath's Misery II' (for T2). Reason: no news for over a year (last: June 2009)
    Her last update was on 22.03.2011 (in german): http://board.ttlg.de/thread.php?post...416#post111416

If I understand the translation correctly, she says the architecture is about 60% complete and she hopes to release about the middle of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    If I understand the translation correctly, she says the architecture is about 60% complete and she hopes to release about the middle of this year.
    Well, not quite correct. That statement she made in january 16, 2009.
    Her post on december 30, 2009 states: "architecture complete, but scripts and triggers need to be added."
    In her statement from march 22, 2011 she confirms that the project is still active and she is working on it from time to time. But various bugs show up from time to time, but she won't give up (yet).
    So, it is definitely not abandonned, but progress is rather slow and no expected release date is stated there.

I guess she deserves a pat on the back for not giving up.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 7th Apr 2011 at 17:12.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Hi Phantom, It is time I updated you on all of my progress. Castle of the Dead/The Abyss for T2 is on hold as well as Dark is the Lair. I am going to have to make these two into mission packs later because of their tremendous size. Too big for one mission each.

Now that I released, Escape Hammer Hill, The Deadly Triangle, and The Tower of St. Moria TG, and The Tower of St. Moria T2, My Current project which I am pushing to release soon is: "Cataclysmic Revelations" for T2. Over 80 percent complete. Just installed 446 Roombrushes so the Terrain and Sound is complete along with most of the AI, and half the objects.

Thanks Phantom !

Edit:July,30th,2011 95 percent complete. Getting it ready for beta.
    Edit:August 26th 2011 97 percent complete minus the Readables. Setting up objectives. Have been involved in some extensive beta testing and troubleshooting for other Authors, and been on vacation so to speak. Hitting it hard now, and moving forward to a reasonalble beta date.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 26th Aug 2011 at 14:32.

Cool man, good to see you still going at it. That's some dedication!

Wow, you seem to have a lot of projects going on!

Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 611162126272829303132333435364146 ... LastLast