TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 38131823282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming & Abandoned FMs List

Another quick update about my upcoming FMs, Stormrunner and SoE2.

I've been extremely busy lately with work and other projects lately so the progress I've been making in both FMs has been very slow at best. Stormrunner is still hovering around 90%-ish, while SoE2 I'd say is roughly 80% complete. I'm thinking progress for both should speed up around the end of November when I'm more free.

A few screenshots of Stormrunner:
    SS1
    SS2
    SS3
    SS4
    SS5

Clearinghouse
    masterthief3, looks cool, really thiefy

Archivist

Changelog

of the Upcoming missions list (see FIRST PAGE)

Changes implemented from
    18 September until 9 October 2011

---------------------

Two authors added:
    - Eternauta, with the FM 'Violet's Violin' (for T2)
    - Xorak, with the FM 'Lurksie See, Lurksie Do' (for T2)

Two authors removed:
    - Shadowhide, with the FM 'When Evil And Angels Dance' (for T2). Reason: old hard drive too damaged for file recover
    - SlyFoxx, with the FM 'Opportunity Knocks' (for T2). Reason: no news for over 15 months (last: Apr 2010)

New screenshots for the missions of the authors: DrK, masterthief3, Queue, Sensut, The Watcher (Xavier's..)
    Latest news for the missions of the authors: And, darthsLair (Cataclysmic..), DrK, gaetane, GORT, LarryG, masterthief3, Queue, Sensut, The Watcher (Xavier's..), vexd, Yandros, Random_Taffer & Moghedian (Death's..)
    Filled in the Current status for the mission of the author: And
    Updated the Current status for the missions of the authors: darthsLair (Castle..), gaetane, LarryG, masterthief3, Sensut
    Changed the Estimated release date for the mission of the author: masterthief3
    Added details for the mission of the author: Sensut

Color code change for the mission of the author:
    And (Sisterhood of Azura Part 1: Estheridge version 2) - red into orange

Other:
    - updated the Rules & Regulations post under #6 (screenshots) and #7 (reporting updates).

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Thanks as always, Phantom. Our progress on DCE is slower than before, but we're still plodding through it. The colder weather approaching probably means more inside time and thus more Dromed time for me in the coming months.

Also, just wanted to say I remember when the number of authors was 3x what it is now.

Thanks again for the updates Phantom!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    The colder weather approaching probably means more inside time and thus more Dromed time for me in the coming months.
    I know what you mean!

Right now, I'm feeling very motivated to create a new set of FMs after returning to what I'm quite good at with DromEd: building ships and submarines
    I've already got a story and a plan for a set of 3-4 missions and the first goal of creating a decent looking Nautilus has been accomplished as well (see this post if you're interested). My plan is to extend the concept of diving suits and the like, as used in Keeper Investigations to provide the player with the experience of underwater treasure-hunting in ship wreckages.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I suppose you can add me/my mission to your list, The Phantom. Maybe it will keep me properly motivated to finish it.

Author: Brethren
    Previous missions: Through No Vault Of My Own
    FM in development: A Mysterious Place
    Current status: About 25% complete
    Details:
    -a re-imagining of Myst island, integrated into the Thief universe.
    Release date: Early 2012.
    Screenshots: Not yet.

Archivist
    That's great, Brethren I liked Through No Vault Of My Own and it's awesome news you're working on another FM again. Hope you finish it, the setting sounds intruiging.

Intruder: Nice Nautilus! Seems like another spectacular mission pack in the works.

Also, just wanted to say I remember when the number of authors was 3x what it is now.
    Yeah, me too Russ. I remember when the number of authors in the list surpassed 100, back when this thread just started. Sadly many promising missions got scrapped (due to real life) or got lost in a crash (explaing the length of the 'abandoned list').
    But it's still remarkable how many FMs are still being made, and many aren't even listed as upcoming here. Thankfully the community is still going strong

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I suppose you can add me/my mission to your list, The Phantom. Maybe it will keep me properly motivated to finish it.
    Great news, I really enjoyed Through No Vault Of My Own.

That reminds me, are you planning on doing another thief's holiday any time soon, Yandros? I loved A Thief's Holiday 2004, and was hoping you'd make a new mission for the holidays.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    That reminds me, are you planning on doing another thief's holiday any time soon, Yandros? I loved A Thief's Holiday 2004, and was hoping you'd make a new mission for the holidays.
    I've ruminated on this for years and honestly, I don't have any real good ideas for a holiday mission. The only winter-themed one I had was for a snowball fight and I did that already. My best bet is to keep pushing with DCE and hope we make it for a holiday 2012 release.

Skiing and a sledge ride have not been done yet
    Something like the glissade in the maw of chaos...

Ha ha! That's a great idea, Steffen!

Finals at the Academy should be released this week as an English only mission. Just a couple more goats and it will be ready. It's the first of my three mission Prequel campaign. I'm back at work on the 2nd mission, True Dreams. I had forgotten how rough that one is. There's more needed than I remembered to get that in shape. I'm maybe 50% done with the terrain. Maybe a little more.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Congrats in advance, Larry! I know what an ambitious first mission it is and wish you best of luck.

Archivist
    I've updated your profile in the list, Larry, thanks for telling. Let me know if anything else needs updating.

Congrats in advance, Larry! I know what an ambitious first mission it is and wish you best of luck.
    And although I probably wouldn't often say this, he's cracked it big time!!!!

It's been a while since I've said thank you, The Phantom, for your hard work, but this continues to be an often-read thread.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Larry, your threads in the Editing Guild are intriguing, to say the least, so I'm very anxious to see your finished mission - I have a feeling it will not disappoint.

Hey The Phantom,

I am currently working on a city/embassy mission for Thief: The Dark Project entitled Shadow Politics, set between The Downwind Thieves' Guild and The Sword. Progress is pretty good and steady for the moment and I am roughly 35-40% done if I stick to the initial plan.

Pictures can be found in the Work in Progress thread.

My German and Russian translators have convinced me to hold up the English language release so that I can release English, German, and Russian at the same time. This means that the release of Finals at the Academy will not be until late November / early December.

Archivist

Changelog

Changes implemented from
    15 October until 9 November 2011

---------------------

Two authors added:
    - Brethren, with the FM 'A Mysterious Place' (for T2)
    - skacky, with the FM 'Shadow Politics' (for T1)

Renamed LarryG's upcoming campaign 'Prequel: Finals at The Academy' into: Prequel
    Renamed Savar's upcoming FM 'Deadly Shadows' into: Veil of Deceit
    Latest news for the missions of the authors: darthsLair (Cataclysmic..), LarryG, Savar, Sensut, Sliptip (Kill Factory 3), The Watcher (Xavier's..), Yandros, Random_Taffer & Moghedian (Death's..)
    Updated the Current status for the missions of the authors: darthsLair (Cataclysmic..), LarryG, Savar, Sensut
    Changed the Estimated release date for the missions of the authors: darthsLair (Cataclysmic..), LarryG
    Added details for the mission of the author: Savar

As I count my mission will be not ready this year. I melted two missions into one and the result was a big chaos, a lot of pathfinding errors. Anyway this is the most complicated architecture I've ever made. Took weeks while I corrected it, I had to drop a lot out unfortunately, I gave up almost. But succeeded finally and the problematic scenes are fine now.
    But there is rather much work with it yet so maybe next year.

http://users.atw.hu/sensut/index.html
    Last edited by Sensut; 12th Dec 2011 at 04:21. Reason: link change

Archivist

Changelog

Changes implemented from
    19 November until 11 December 2011

---------------------

One author removed:
    - ghost_in_the_shell, with the FM 'Untitled' (for T2). Reason: author retired (see this post)

Missions removed:
    - FM 'Cataclysmic Revelations' (T2) from darthsLair's profile. Reason: mission released! (go to thread)

New screenshots for the missions of the authors: DrK, Eternauta, LarryG, skacky
    Latest news for the missions of the authors: DrK, Eternauta, gaetane, GORT, LarryG, nicked, Sensut, skacky

Color code change for the mission of the author:
    casalor (One Step Behind) - green into orange

Want to see your upcoming FM listed here? Refer to the info in this post.

Update on my FM Authoring Situation

Monster Arena may never come out. This all depends on NV updating his scripts so that they are compatible with Tos' multiplayer patch. I suppose I could release it as is, and call it a beta or something, but it'd be nice to have it work the way it was intended.

I felt like I am long overdue for an update around here. First of all I was considering canceling the project and call it abandoned but I think I'll look into trying to rework the spawning system so that it is visible for player 2 as well as player 1. Today I tried messing around with thief 2's already built-in Networking category in the Dromed 2 properties hierarchy but no such luck. For now this mission is on the backburner and will be considered on hold. All other missions are on hold as well.

As far as what I'm doing right now, I'd like to officially announce that I'm working on a new project that has the codename of 'LOTP Winter' for the time being. (I.e. no official title for the FM yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.)

I'm not setting a release date for fear of missing it and because I feel it'd be unfair considering my motivation for continuing work changes all the time. However, I've been hoping to release it this holiday and if not then possibly sometime 2012. I consider this at least 25% complete, but to be honest I don't really know the exact percentage it is complete.

Now for some more information on the project:

The mission is a winter-themed version of Life of the Party using the original mission as the base.

Snow precipitation is featured as well as snowballs that the player can throw for fun. Other things like new music, changed AI behavior, etc. are also featured.
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 19th Dec 2011 at 19:23.

(I.e. no official title for the FM yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.)
    Tough one. Here's a few:

Blizzard Boulevard
    The Rimy Rooftops
    The Snowy (slippery?) Summits

Ah, I like Blizzard Boulevard the best.

Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 38131823282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast