TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678914192429343944 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming & Abandoned FMs List

BANNED
    I have a simple FM near the beta stage-once I get all my voice actors work in-I'll put it in and wrap it up for betatesting.

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    So he shared some info with you? Moghedian and I have an early version of one of the missions, but of the other we've never seen aught but screenshots. I don't suppose he sent you either of them last June?
    No, only a few screenshots to show what he was working on.

Archivist

Update

- 2 authors added: Dr Sneak, Sliptip
    - 3 authors removed: OptimusPrime (Mech Support), Ravenhook (Untitled), Zmey (Secret breaking of a pyramid)
    - added the mission 'Lost at the Sea' to sterlino's Fm(s) in development
    - added sterlino to the list of 'Author's looking for help'
    - new screenshots link for the mission of the following authors: Sluggs, sterlino (Lost at the Sea), taffer 9
    - latest news link for the missions of the following author: belboz
    - changed the Current status for the missions of the following authors: Kanditter, MaJiC@work, Nielsen74, nightshifter, Ottoj55, Ricebug, sterlino, Yandros
    - changed the Estimated release date for the missions of the following authors: Drysils Chosen, Lord Alan, MaJiC@work, marshall banana, nightshifter, Ottoj55, Random_Taffer, Rob Hicks, sterlino, Yandros
    - details for the missions of the following author: sterlino
    - several changes and improvements to the introduction at the start of the thread (recommended to read first).
    Last edited by The Phantom; 12th Jan 2007 at 11:19.

Archivist

FM News at The Circle

Since a few weeks I started making the thread updates more story like, and sending them to The Circle for posting as news item. Worth reading for everyone who likes to see the FM news more carefully explained.

The first 'Fan Mission News Brief' was posted on 27 december last year: http://www.thief-thecircle.com/shownews.asp?id=1856

Keep an eye out for more of these posts in the future. Check the link at the top of the thread from time to time to see if it has been updated.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 4th Dec 2007 at 10:14. Reason: added text

Update on my upcoming The Night Watch is that it is no longer a trilogy but now a 4-mission pack. It is in a very advanced state of beta testing and I am really hopeful it will be released in a week or so. Well, it has undergone 5 months of alpha and beta testing so enough is enough! It MUST be released soon!

[EDIT]Actually, looking back it was slightly misworded in the last as two different FMs, The Night Watch and A Gold Magick Trilogy but that last bit is really a subheading not a separate FM. It's just one pack and its full title now is The Night Watch: A Gold Magick Story (because I don't know what word is the four part equivalent to a trilogy!)
    Last edited by Fidcal; 23rd Jan 2007 at 18:22.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Tetralogy. Not real catchy though.

Agreed. Glad I didn't know it now!

Archivist

Lost FM

Mech Support, the mission that OptimusPrime started back in 2002, will unfortunately never be released.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime
    Thanks for the interest. Unfortunately, that data was lost in a crash. I got the file back at some point but it was corrupted beyond hope; several people tried helping get it back but for naught.....I did make backups of my work, but they were on the same hard disk that crashed.

I haven't been on the forums for a long time - since that loss, in fact. Good to know people are still FMing though.

Archivist

Update

- 1 team added: The Flesheaters
    - 1 author added: Asgaroth
    - 3 authors removed: cardia1 (Citadel of Douro), Fidcal (The Night Watch: A Gold Magick Story), Ricebug (Reflections)
    - added the missions 'Transitions in Chaos part 3' and 'Untitled' to Ramirez's Old Fat Burrick's Fm(s) in development
    - removed the mission 'A Debt Repaid 4.0' from Ottoj55's Fm(s) in development
    - new screenshots link for the mission(s) of the following authors: Ramirez's Old Fat Burrick, Yandros
    - latest news link for the mission of the following authors: Digital Nightfall, Sensut
    - changed the Current status for the mission of the following author: Sensut
    - changed the Estimated release date for the mission of the following authors: Gian, thiefinthedark
    - details for the mission(s) of the following author: Ramirez's Old Fat Burrick

Archivist

News from Tomi

More bad news.

It's uncertain if Tomi, author of Deadly Darkness and Profane Ascension, will finish the Watchtower project he was working on.
    This is a part of the PM i received from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Hello there, thanks for your message!

Nope, I haven't been working on any of my FMs for ages, I wish I could finish them one day but I'm not sure if that'll ever happen.
    The funny thing is that I've done almost all the building (architecture and stuff) in my missions, I would only have to think of a new storyline, make some scripted events, and then add the room brushes (if you know what they are) and do some play testing. But that's the most difficult and usually the most boring part of mission making.
    Years ago I was planning an ambitious 3-mission campaign, but like always my plans were a bit too ambitious again. Even after Deadly Darkness and Profane Ascension I couldn't realise that just a simple mission takes ages to make, and 3 missions would take aaaaaages.

I've been thinking of getting back to DromEd and my missions recently, but for some reason I've been having some trouble getting DromEd to run properly. I should be able to fix that, but I'm not sure if I really have enough time and interest for this anymore. It'd be a shame to just throw away those missions that I've been working on for so long though...

Maybe I'll just think of some very simple story and release them as simple separate missions... That would also be a bit disappointing though because I had some really nice plans, but I don't think I could ever finish the whole campaign anymore...

"Eternal Candle" is progressing. 25 - 30% is done. Architecture part of work is finished, now I'm placing the plot elements (and fighting with technical problems).

Archivist

Update

- 3 authors added: bbb, Catman, john9818a
    - 1 author removed: Sensut (Dracula part 4: The Darkthrone)
    - filled in the definitive name of Quirk's Fm in development: The Lost Crusade
    - filled in the definitive name of Sliptip's Fm in development: The First Project
    - added the mission 'Ashen Age part 2' to Sliptip's Fm(s) in development
    - new screenshots link for the mission of the following author: Sliptip
    - old screenshots link for the mission of the following author: Gregorius
    - latest news link for the mission of the following authors: Quirk, Zontik
    - filled in the Current status for the mission of the following author: Gregorius
    - changed the Current status for the mission(s) of the following authors: Lady Rowena, MaJiC@work, Quirk, Sliptip, Zontik
    - changed the Estimated release date for the mission(s) of the following authors: Edversion, Lord Alan, Quirk, Sliptip, Yandros
    - details for the mission of the following author: Kamon

Desperately dodgy geezer
    While updating my release date, you should have also changed the name from RotBK to Dance With The Dead. Of course, it probably would have helped if I had let you know of that change some way other than simply changing my preview thread which has now scrolled off the front page.

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    ... changed the name from RotBK to Dance With The Dead.
    Not to be confused with the Dancing with the Dead campaign by Gregorius.

"Eternal Candle" is still progressing. Hiding loot now.
    All general technical problems are solved with great help of forum's members (you know who you are!). Thanks!
    About 60% done. Maybe more (who knows exactly?).

Clearinghouse
    Eternal Candle some screenshots.

Status change for my Dancing with the Dead Ep. 2 (not to be confused with "Dance With The Dead" by Yandros ):

Current status: progressing slowly but surely
    Estimated release date: Summer 2007

Archivist

Major Update

- 6 authors added: Jabberwocky, Oneiroscope, Ravenhook, Spike14, Storybuilder, zacharias
    - filled in the definitive name of GORT's Fm in development: The Unknown Treasure
    - added the mission 'Bane I - Keep of Deceit' to theImmortalThief's Fm(s) in development
    - added the mission 'Suffer catalyst' to Asgaroth's Fm(s) in development
    - added the mission 'Shadow of Karras' to MaJiC@work's Fm(s) in development
    - added an 'Untitled mission' to Dr Sneak's Fm(s) in development
    - added an 'Untitled mission' to redface's Fm(s) in development
    - renamed Yandros' mission 'Realm of the Bone king' into 'Dance with the Dead'
    - removed the mission 'Dance with the Dead' from Yandros' Fm(s) in development
    - removed the mission 'Dirty Business' from Dr Sneak's Fm(s) in development
    - 'Up for Adoption' link added to redface's information
    - 'Up for Adoption' link added to Dr Sneak's information
    - 'Assistance asked' link added to Rob Hicks' information
    - added Dr Sneak, redface and Rob Hicks to the list of 'Author's looking for help'
    - new screenshots link for the mission of the following author: nightshifter
    - latest news link(s) for the mission(s) of the following authors: amievil?, ataricom, BlackThief, DrK, gaetane, GORT, Gregorius, Istvan Varga, Kamon, Krush the Second, MaJiC@work, mkadlec, Morrgan, Ottoj55, RiCh E, Rob Hicks, sirbalu, Sliptip, theImmortalThief, Thief13x, Tomi, YcatX, Zontik
    - changed the Current status for the mission(s) of the following authors: Apache, Asgaroth, Dario, Dr Sneak, DrK, Istvan Varga, Morrgan, redface, theImmortalThief, Zontik
    - filled in an Estimated release date for the mission(s) of the following authors: Dr Sneak, DrK, Gregorius
    - changed the Estimated release date for the mission(s) of the following authors: Apache, Istvan Varga, MaJiC@work, mkadlec, Morrgan, redface, Rob Hicks, Sharga, sterlino, tdbonko, theImmortalThief, thiefinthedark
    - details for the mission(s) of the following authors: Dr Sneak, theImmortalThief
    - changed the details for the missions of the following author: Sharga
    - added the threads Active FM Authors and Are there still builders? to the list of 'Other threads about upcoming missions'
    - added a link to the latest 'FM News Update' posted on The Circle.
    - several changes to the introduction at the start of the thread (recommended to read first)

Exactly 100 author's in the list .
    Last edited by The Phantom; 10th Mar 2007 at 13:55.

"Eternal Candle": about 80% done.
    Modifying goal system and still hidding loot. Translating. Writing letters.
    No map, no briefing at a moment. Will be.
    Some first shots:
    http://darkfate.ru/index.cgi?thumbs=...ots/embankment
    http://darkfate.ru/index.cgi?thumbs=...ots/old_chapel
    http://darkfate.ru/index.cgi?thumbs=...s/south_bridge
    Release date: spring-2007 (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Author: Edversion
    Fm(s) in development: Castle of Lord Strainglif (T2)
    Author's earlier mission(s): none
    Current status: progressing (70% complete)
    Estimated release date: unknown
    Screenshots: yes
    Forum thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110797
    I can't give out my FanMission "Castle of Lord Strainglif", because in this mission is many mistakes, I cannot correct it. Sorry.

But I have a new idea about FanMission - Hammerite Monastery.

MB's updates

There's a new thread for Time Outside of Time, Gates of Delirium will be going into production at a later time, and the series has been renamed the Resurrection series.

Sorry folks, but I just can't seem to get going on Towers of Twilight. I guess you could say I have "designer's block."

I have put together a few scenes and buildings but I can't figure out a story to bring it all together. Plus I don't have a whole lot of time to put into it anyway.

Unless I get inspired somehow, I don't think it will ever see download....

Please, add to this list:

Author: Tiens (Baletskaya Tatiana), Russia
    Fm(s) in development: The Oldstone Castle (RoomQuest) (T3)
    Details: a small quest inside an alive and very deceitful building
    Author's earlier mission(s): No
    Current status: 100% done, ready for beta-testing
    Estimated release date: 29th March 2007
    Screenshots: No

"The Eternal Candle" is beta-testing now!
    Making video at the same time.

Archivist
    Thanks for the information, everyone! A lot of news in only a few days.

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678914192429343944 ... LastLast