TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 611162126313637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1188

Thread: Upcoming & Abandoned FMs List

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    Time to break cover. I'm working on a new FM. I hope to release it within a few months.Here is a youtube video:
    That looks awesome RS, so many nooks and crannies and ways to travel through the map.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by HipBreaker View Post
    Very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Very niiiice.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    By the way, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but The Phantom has been quiet lately, and actually hasn't logged on for some time (four months). I emailed him a few days ago out of concern and haven't heard back yet. Let's all hope for the best. If anyone has any news, please post it here or PM me if it's not for public viewing.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    By the way, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but The Phantom has been quiet lately, and actually hasn't logged on for some time (four months). I emailed him a few days ago out of concern and haven't heard back yet. Let's all hope for the best. If anyone has any news, please post it here or PM me if it's not for public viewing.
    I had noticed that too Russ, and the fact that he has not updated this thread like he always had. I hope all is well with The Phantom!

I 'spoke' to Ralf in October. He did have a problem with his hand and I understand that's better now but he is very busy with real life things at the moment. I'm sure/hope he'll be back soon.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Good to hear! Even if he doesn't get back to doing all the things he used to do around here (which too often went unnoticed and unthanked), just having him post occasionally would be enough for me. He was always quick to jump in and help someone stuck on a mission.

Just decided to un-lurk on this occasion...

By the way, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but The Phantom has been quiet lately
    I was to point out the same thing, but did the search and found out that Yandros already made the statement in that matter.
    I'm also glad to read that whatever driven The Phantom away from this community for so long is not realy bad in RT now. Just happy that he is just too busy now.

He did very much for the community. Always kept track of FM authors, even of that sort like me - who eventually gave up. Anyway - his attention was encouraging me to actually keep going with Dromed in the past.

Good luck with everything in RL The Phantom

All the best to you, The Phantom. You encouraged me to get going again when motivation was low, so if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have now with my current project (or at all).

Here are some screenshots from my upcoming FM temporarily called Hunting Season:
    http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/fl...?sort=3&page=1

The end is, finally, in sight (I'm on one of the very last stages right now doing special effects and tweaking) and I'll be damned if I can't make a Summer release out of this. The story is simple: Garrett has been hired by some lord to acquire a long lost family heirloom once stolen by pirates. According to the lord's sources, the heirloom is hidden somewhere on an island now turned into a well-guarded prison, so the only way in is as a prisoner.

Just thought I would report that the third (and final) mission in my Prequel campaign ("Graduation") is 90+% complete with all brushwork. Now I'm going in and adding objects, AIs, quests, and so forth -- all of the stuff that makes it fun to play. The second mission in the campaign ("True Dreams") is more like 50% complete with the brushes. I stopped work on it to begin work on "Graduation" over a year ago. "True Dreams" is a bridge mission. It bridges "Finals at the Academy" to "Graduation". And like most bridges, it needed to be anchored at both ends before it could be completed. So as soon as all the tricky bits are worked out for "Graduation" I'll go back and finish up "True Dreams. Maybe a campaign release in 2015.

Some random screenies:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump190_zpsb068ec77.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	295.5 KB 
ID:	1881Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump189_zps68eb6ed1.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	296.6 KB 
ID:	1882Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump169_zpsa6940a4b.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	253.8 KB 
ID:	1884Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump170_zpsd8825bb4.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	1885

A little toy for "True Dreams". Small payouts for a pair. Larger payouts for three and four of a kind. It costs to play. Can you break the bank?

Another little toy for "True Dreams":

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump199.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	1886Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump200.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	1887Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scrumble.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	1888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PoolRoom-1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	1889
    Last edited by LarryG; 2nd Feb 2014 at 08:28.

Just thought I let people here know that it won't be long for The Unknown Treasure NDV to be going beta. I just need to take one more look at it just in case I missed something. This version takes advantage of the new dark engine features that I'm also using in TROTB 2.

That's great news! Let me know if you would like a private testing forum at shalebridgecradle.

I just wanted to give an update for Bane III. I have formally resumed my work on the project, with a cooler but more feasible mission design plan. If I can keep at it I'm hoping for a summer release. I will try to put up a new screenshot soon.
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

Update-Cataclysmic Revelations campaign-Late Summer Release

80% complete.

1.Cataclysmic Revelations-original-Part1
    2.Cataclysmic Revelations-The Mission-Part2
    3.Cataclysmic Revelations-Salvation-Part3

The continuing story of Cataclymic Revelations:Garrett died discovering his reluctant virtue, but the Builder has plans for him, and his Brethren. Garrett must now return to earth on a mission to save the Builder's Brethren from the clutches of evil.

Estimated release date:Late summer 2014

I'm afraid I'm going to have to abandon my TG mission -- Endless Rain. I cannot for the life of me progress in any way. I keep hitting compilation errors as soon as I put a single terrain brush and I'm really fed up with how rigid these compilers are, refusing to work at the slightest error and not giving meaningful info at all. If monolog at least gave coordinates to find errors, but no. The worst thing is that the map isn't too far from completion (it's about 75% done) and doesn't break any boundaries (apart from huge sightlines with hundreds of polygons in view), but eh...

Southquarter.com/fms
    That really stinks, skacky. I've never got into much in-depth mission analysis in dromed, and in truth barely look at my monolog, but isn't there a way to use area brushes to try to pinpoint the problem area(s)? I've hard of authors going area by area, using a bit of trial and error and the process of elimination to locate their errors.

@ skacky

Well, darn it all. If I had TG I'd might be able to help you. I only have T2 at the moment.
    Sad to hear that.

@Brethren:

My understanding of area brushes is that, yes, you can isolate an area that you'd like to work on and only render that area. I remember trying the area brush out when working on Life Of The Party: Winter Edition and from what I recall if you activate it and re-portalize it essentially "hides" all of the other geometry, ai, etc. that is not within that area brush.

This is correct, however this didn't help me. I temporarily fixed the error I had in an area I thought was problematic, but as soon as I started building in another place entirely the error came back.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    @skacky, have you tried it in 1.22 now just for kicks?

Southquarter.com/fms
    FYI to everyone - with approval from The Phantom, I've sent out several dozen PMs to authors over the past month or so to determine the status of their missions and to help update the "Upcoming Missions" portion of this thread. I've received a very good response, so now it's just matter of putting it all together in one organized post - no small task! Should be done in the next couple of days or so. Just because it's lengthy and it's the first update in about a year, I'll post it in the FM forum as it's own thread.

In any case, if you're an author and you haven't had a chance to respond yet, now would be a good time.

@skacky, have you tried it in 1.22 now just for kicks?
    Yes. It still gave me the same error, but fibanocci has found several invalid brushes (that looked perfectly normal, I would've never found them without his help!) and after deleting them the mission optimizes fine. Right now I'm resuming the construction of the cityscape (which is around 85% done, the rest is mainly interiors and sewer systems).

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    Yes. It still gave me the same error, but fibanocci has found several invalid brushes (that looked perfectly normal, I would've never found them without his help!) and after deleting them the mission optimizes fine. Right now I'm resuming the construction of the cityscape (which is around 85% done, the rest is mainly interiors and sewer systems).
    That's great to hear, skacky. Looking forward to seeing a city you'll have built in newdark.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    \O/

*drools like a fanboi*

Heh. I've been adding lots of buildings in the last few hours (and a big spiral staircase) and it still optimizes fine, so I guess this issue is behind me now, unless it suddenly reappears. Consider the project resurrected, and I am more motivated than ever to finish it. Geometry-wise it is almost complete and shouldn't take too long to finish. Of course I'll have to populate it more, add some more loot and script the thing.

Changelog for Aug 23, 2014

Recent updates to the Upcoming missions list

---------------------

Authors added:

- bbb, with the FM Untitled (for T2)
    - Caradavin, with the FM Lord Maguire Estates 2 (for T2)
    - Dale_, with the FM The Moreno Tower (for T2)
    - darthslair, with the FM Cataclysmic Revelation Campaign (for T2)
    - FireMage, with the FMs The Ballad of the Fence Woman and Ironfield’s Tribe (for T2)
    - Le Malin 76, with the FM Pride of the Hammerites (for T2)
    - Purgator, with the FMs The Prophet and Untitled (for T2)
    - Ravenhook, with the FM Death’s Shadow (for T2)
    - R Soul, with the FM Untitled (for T2)

Authors removed:

- Beltzer, with the FM The Favour (for T2) due to mission release
    - cardia1, with the FM The Gift (for T2 NewDark) due to mission release
    - Sensut, with the FM Exile (Being Thief 2) (for T2) due to mission release
    - Tannar, with the FM The Drymian Codex (for T2) due to mission release

Missions added:

- Love Story V - Part 2 (T2) to the profile of john9818a
    - Death's Turbid Veil (T2) to the profile of nicked
    - Memento Mori 3 (T2) to the profile of Random_Taffer
    - A Fence in Need (T2) to the profile of Sneaky Guy101
    - Nightfall: A New Beginning (T2) to the profile of Sneaky Guy101
    - The Devil In The Toy Man (T2) to the profile of Xorak
    - Dead Tears Taste Sweet (T2) to the profile of Xorak
    - King Abedzen's Tomb (T2) to the profile of Yandros

Missions removed:

- Love Story V from the profile of john9818a due to mission release
    - The Drymian Codex from the profiles of Random_Taffer and Yandros due to mission release

New screenshots for the missions of the authors:

- Caradavin (Lord Maguire Estates 2)
    - Dale_ (The Moreno Tower)
    - nicked (Death's Turbid Veil)
    - skacky (Endless Rain)
    - SneakyGuy101 (A Fence In Need)
    - Soul Tear (The Beginning)

Updated the current status and/or release date for the missions of the authors:

- darthsLair
    - DrK
    - Eternatura
    - GORT
    - intruder
    - LarryG
    - qolelis

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 611162126313637383940414243444546 ... LastLast