TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314192429343944 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming & Abandoned FMs List

Hey Phantom,

I am affraid my missions will never be released anymore.
    Great work with the list and good luck with it.

Also happy 2008 all.

Archivist

Update

- 4 authors added: eepcat, john9818a, Nameless Voice, nicked
    - 1 author removed: Ricebug (DooM) (Reason: mission released)
    - 'Asked for Assistance' notification removed from Digital Nightfall & Team's Fm in development (Cosas Mission X)
    - new screenshots link(s) for the mission(s) of the following authors: R Soul, SlyFoxx, Yandros
    - latest news link(s) for the mission(s) of the following authors: azrarhn, Digital Nightfall & Team, malau, SlyFoxx, sterlino, theImmortalThief, The_Dude
    - filled in the Current status for the mission of the following authors: Moghedian, The_Dude
    - updated the Current status for the missions of the following authors: azrarhn, BrotherZ, Cavalorn, Drysils Chosen, malau, mkadlec, Oneiroscope, Random_Taffer, tdbonko
    - changed the Estimated release date for the mission(s) of the following authors: azrarhn, bassmanret, cardia1, Cavalorn, GaalKean, Krush the Second, masterthief3, Morrgan, Sliptip, SlyFoxx, Splashcups, Tazonne
    - moved the following authors, and their missions, to the List of Abandoned Fanmissions: azrarhn, BrotherZ

Hey, Phantom, I'm about 75% done with a little FM, "The Green Room." Should be out by next week.
    <xhtml><eat id="mouth">potato</eat></xhtml>

Just a quick update:

I'm pushing SoE 2 back to July - August. Too many things have recently popped up for me to reach a February release date.

Stormrunner is still 'when it's done'.

Archivist

Lost FM's

- Untitled mission (T2)
    by Brethren (pka Brother Renault)

Forum post: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...20#post1101920

Notified by Private Messaging:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren
    I was working on a level like this for a while, but the project just
    kind of died. I browsed my HD for the .mis file after I got this PM,
    but I couldn't find it anywhere. Looks like this project is officially
    dead. Feel free to take it for your own, if you want.
    - Untitled mission (T2)
    by Syi

Forum thread with screenshot: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104965

The author already informed about the loss back in 2006, but I decided to mention it here as well to make clear which mission it's about.

Quote from this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Syi View Post
    Sorry to those of you looking forward to my fm, My HD screwed up on me and I lost all my progress on the mission, Not to mention all my models,Music,Sfxs....Ect, In short I lost EVERYTHING
    - Untitled mission (T2)
    by Tumbleweed

Forum thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65471

As you can read in the thread it was already abandoned and put up for download years ago. This is what the author told Yandros recently, after asking about the file.

Notified by email:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
    Unfortunately that FM is long gone. Sorry. William.

Archivist

Dead missions

These missions are declared "dead" by their authors:

- The Invisible Dead (T2)
    by Daljord

Forum thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14525
    Webpage with screens: http://home.no.net/taffer/

Notified by email:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daljord
    No i was woring on it long time ago but it got never be released because of manny errors so i desided to drop it.
    Daljord
    - Wishful Thinking (T2)
    by Oli G / Oliver Gregory

Forum thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65061
    Screens page: http://keepofmetalandgold.com/tz/wishfulthinking/

Quote Originally Posted by Oli G
    Ah yes, dromed, I remember that. In answer to your question, nothing I did with dromed ever came to anything. I tinkered with it in my spare time when I was 15/16 but never had the motivation or technical skill
    to pull anything off. I'd have an idea for a mission, make a very small
    but fairly well-designed area and then get bored or give up due to
    other commitments (ie real life). I pretty much grew out of computer games 2 or 3 years ago and haven't really played one - much less designed a mission - for about 2 years. Life moves on, but it's nice that you took an interest in my work.
    I hope that answers your question - and with regards to my ill-fated dromed career, sorry to disappoint.

Oli
    - Enter the Pawn (T2)
    by Random_Taffer

Forum thread with screenshots: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102339

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer
    Umm, yeah, it's abandoned. I still have the .miss file though. Maybe some day I'll release the mission. But as we all know. In dromed, someday means "probably never."

I don't want to clog the place up but felt very strongly that I wanted to say thank you to Phantom for this excellent thread - it's an enormous amount of work keeping track of everything and I think you do a wonderful job. Its made a huge difference to me being able to keep up to date with fms, released ones in particular which I often miss. But its also great to be able to go straight to threads to get the latest news. So big thank you Phantom.

I'm starting Thief - Anniversary FM. All other projects of me should be classified as abandoned.

Archivist

Update

- 6 authors added: And, Catman, dyald, jesps, MH.TheFreak, Sensut
    - 1 author removed: cardia1 (Time for culture) (Reason: mission released)
    - added the mission 'The Rebellion of the Builder 2' to GORT's Fm(s) in development
    - added the mission 'The Book op Prophecy Part 2' to Schattengilde's Fm(s) in development
    - added the mission 'Kill Factory 3' to Sliptip's Fm(s) in development
    - removed the mission 'The Book op Prophecy part 1: Dead Letter Box' from Schattengilde's Fm(s) in development (released)
    - filled in the name of one of Nielsen74's Fm(s) in development: UnMasked
    - changed the name of Splashcups' Upcoming FM: "Perilous Perforation" into "Cold Silence"
    - new screenshots link(s) for the mission(s) of the following authors: darthsLair, Nielsen74, Schattengilde, Sliptip, Splashcups, Yandros
    - latest news link(s) for the mission(s) of the following authors: BlackThief, darthsLair, Ermana, gaetane, john9818a, masterthief3, Nielsen74, Ottoj55, R Soul, Sliptip, SlyFoxx, Splashcups, theImmortalThief, Yandros
    - updated the Current status for the mission(s) of the following authors: Ermana, gaetane, Nielsen74, Ottoj55, Sliptip, Splashcups
    - changed the Estimated release date for the mission of the following author: masterthief3
    - added the thread What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition to the list of 'Other threads about upcoming missions'
    - moved the following author, and his mission, to the List of Abandoned Fanmissions: BlackThief

Another point has been added to the "thread guidelines" near the top of the thread (under Important to know before you continue!)!
    From now on, every mission that is part of a story/series (like sequels and prequels) can be added to the list instantly. However, until the mission is 50% complete, only the name, author and screenshots will be listed.
    For standalone missions nothing has changed. As stated earlier, they must be halfway build (50%) before appearing here.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 2nd Feb 2008 at 09:17.

Archivist

Abandoned mission

BlackThief, author of "By Order of an Unknown", told me recently that he abandoned his second mission, which he started years ago:
    A Deadly Trail

Forum thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86965

Notified by Private Messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackThief
    I recieved your message, unfortunately I don't even have enough time to
    contribute much to The Dark Mod anymore (currently doing my military
    service), so my Thief2 FM is most likely never to be finished. Sorry to
    say that, however it's nice to see that the community is still caring
    so much about FM-Authors even if they contributed just a single mission
    before.
    Thank you for your interest.

-BT

You seem to have missed these:
    Screenshots:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...26#post1691326
    News (possible release date)
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=117815&page=5

Immortal

Archivist

Dead missions

More missions that are declared "dead".

- Untitled mission (Sequel to A Lesson Learned)
    by Balrog

Talked about in A Lesson Learned thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57569

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog
    The 2nd mission didn't get much further than basic architecture and design. No chance of it surfacing now though, wish I had the time

Take it easy, and thanks for playing the mission, was always great to hear from anyone who had a go at it.

John
    - Untitled mission (A crematorium project for Thief 2)
    by Francine

Forum post: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...03#post1287303

Quote from this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Francine
    The crematorium project was abandoned due to lack of a concrete story.
    I started working on a small Hammerite/City mission, but the story grew
    too ambitious for the space. Then with graduation and a new job, real
    life pulled me away from Dromed.
    - The Mechanist Temple (T2)
    by Scarlett (pka Dark Angel)

Forum thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30462
    Webpage with screens: http://www.geocities.com/thieffms/main.html

Notified by email:
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett
    That takes me back.. heh. I never released it because.. well, i never
    finished it. I seem to recall releasing an alpha demo of it, but i don't
    think it went outside the little IRC circle though.

I'm working on much bigger projects these days though.. so, i seriously
    doubt i'd ever get around to ever finishing that up. Even if the prospect
    inspired me, i don't think i could ever bear to work with the Dark engine
    again (as wonderful an engine it is). But sure, i've still got the project
    files around somewhere..
    The author, who brought us "Cathedral of the Damned" in a distant past, considers putting his unfinished mission up for adoption. But he likes to know first if there's any interest from another dromEder to complete it. Send him a private message if you're interested.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 13th Feb 2008 at 10:26.

Heya yes it is ages since i did that mission got suprised to get the mail you still working on those Thief missions ,P

Daljord

The Architect
    Some posts that disrupted the integrity of this thread have been moved here.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119910

Im building a new industrial arena it will be a kind of futuristik design style, i dont know how long this mission will take to be done, since creating this kind of missions demand a lot of work, lot of details ,complex architecture, lots of textures and so on..., probably this will be the mission of all ive done that will take more time to be constructed, but i promisse that ill have this mission finished no matter the time it takes.
    Last edited by Digital Nightfall; 20th Feb 2008 at 10:31. Reason: debate moved, announcement left behind

To let you know I am revamping the Sisterhood of Azura Pt1
    After playing it at the begining of the year it looks incredibly dated
    As I am going to use the same town map for part 3 ( or at least most of it, new parts are opened up and old parts are now closed ) I thought it prudent to shape it up a bit seeing as this was my first real mission and I have a particular fondness for it.
    It will keep the basic storyline, readables etc have also been tweaked to fill in for Part 2, all the objectives and AI's have been changed and are / will be considerably much better.
    Architercture has been upgraded, new routes/paths opened up for game play.
    Different style for the 3 settings as in part 2. (even ghosting)
    Lighting sorted that sorta stuff

As it stands now:
    Part1: Architecture 95% done
    AI's / scripting / conversations 50%
    Hope to get it out by end of April

Part 3: I am building this concurrently with part 1, architecture is around 60%
    done, but as you know this can vary wildly.
    The plot/ storlyline is all but done. AI's and scripting is at about 10% ) still trying to get some camvator parts working and practising some AI battles.

I'd hazard a guess and say christmas for it's release.

HAPPY DAZE MAN
    And

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by Daljord View Post
    Heya yes it is ages since i did that mission got suprised to get the mail you still working on those Thief missions ,P
    Hi, nice to see you drop by again

Do you still have the files of The Invisible Dead ?
    If yes, then consider donating the mission to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Hi, nice to see you drop by again

Do you still have the files of The Invisible Dead ?
    If yes, then consider donating the mission to the community.
    Sorry i dont have the files anymore but it should be some where here a link or some to them only take them if you wanna use them

Regards Daljord.

Archivist

Abandoned mission: If at First

Daljord: Didn't get the last part of your sentence, but I understand it's gone. Thanks for telling us.

------

We have another mission that won't be released.
    Spiders has abandoned his mission If at First.

He posted here earlier to say it's on hold, and no progress has been made since then.

Announcement thread with screenshots:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105998

Quote Originally Posted by Spiders
    Thanks for your interest! It's heartening to know that my old projects still attract some notice. I'm sorry to say that my declaration of defeat was unfortunately quite serious; I have no plans to continue the project at this time and may very well have lost much of the material I was working on. I've had fantasies about resuming work on it one day, but I really doubt that anything will happen. So far as I can see, If at First is no more.

Again, thanks for asking! You've made me think again about the good old thieving days that I've now largely left behind.

~Spiders
    Last edited by The Phantom; 24th Feb 2008 at 09:43.

The Architect
    You've been entirely far too successful in determining which missions are dead. But this does allow the thread and this forum to focus on the missions that are still alive. Great work.

Archivist
    Thanks!
    Yes, most I post lately is negative. There are so many missions that were already abandoned, but never made public. I hope people don't get depressed reading all of this

To continue the stream of bad news..

The_Dude abandoned Into the Fire, the sequel to The Folly of Youth.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude
    The Folly of Youth Part 2 was abandoned long ago basically because it was pants!
    Both Spiders and The_Dude will be moved to the List of Abandoned Fanmissions in the next update.

Not so much abandoned as reconceived. I will (hopefully) produce something from the ashes in 2008.

Archivist
    Thief of Dreams will not finish his untitled mission for Thief 2, which he worked on long ago.

Announcement thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71196

It was already listed as "abandoned" for over a year, and still mentioned as upcoming mission.
    This is what the author told me last July.

Quote Originally Posted by Thief of Dreams
    ... I don't think I'll really ever find the time to get back into my mission, if I
    do find time I'd probably start a new mission or something. So at the moment
    the mission is abandon unless by some miracle I find myself with lots of time
    lol

Thanks for the interest,

ToD

Archivist

Update

- 2 authors added: ghost_in_the_shell, john-the-begger
    - added the mission 'Sisterhood of Azura Part 1: Estheridge version 2' to And's Fm(s) in development
    - removed the mission 'Sly's UT Arena 2' from Slyfoxx's Fm(s) in development (released)
    - updated the name of And's Fm in development: Sisterhood of Azura Part 3 into Sisterhood of Azura Part 3: Town torn Asunder
    - updated the name of Sensut's Fm in development: Elizabeth Bathory Chapter 3 into Elizabeth Bathory Chapter 3: The last pray on All Souls Day
    - changed the name of Catman's Fm in development: The Five Tigers: The Walker Estate into The Five Tigers: Eye of the Tiger
    - new screenshots link for the mission of the following authors: Beauty-Man, Catman, Fidcal, nicked, Sensut, taffer9, theImmortalThief, Vlad Midnight, Yandros
    - latest news link(s) for the mission of the following authors: Catman, eepcat, Fidcal, Morrgan, nicked, nightshifter, Nightstroll, Spiders, taffer9, theImmortalThief, The_Dude, Thief of Dreams, Vlad Midnight, Yandros
    - filled in a Current status for the mission of the following author: Catman
    - updated the Current status for the mission of the following authors: Nightstroll, Spiders, The_Dude, Tomi
    - filled in an Estimated release date for the mission of the following authors: Catman, theImmortalThief
    - changed the Estimated release date for a mission of the following authors: Morrgan, sterlino
    - added details for the mission of the following authors: Catman, dyald
    - added the thread FMs to the list of 'Other threads about upcoming missions'
    - moved the following authors, and their missions, to the List of Abandoned Fanmissions: Spiders (If at First), The_Dude (The Folly of Youth Part 2), Thief of Dreams (Untitled), Tomi (Untitled)

- colour code change: casalor (orange into red), Fidcal (green into orange), madwolf (orange into red), Morrgan (SB - orange into green ; GFG 3 - orange into red), Spiders (orange into red), sterlino (TFA - green into orange), taffer9 (orange into red), The_Dude (orange into red)
    Last edited by The Phantom; 29th Feb 2008 at 14:32. Reason: updated info for Catman's mission

Archivist

Abandoned campaign: Flatstory

Flatstory, a two-mission campaign by mkadlec, will not be completed with dromEd.

This is what the author wrote on his website last month:
    Quote Originally Posted by mkadlec
    10.01.2008: Project Revived Again
    Well, and from scratch. New platform will be used. FlatStory will be in T3 engine.
    Announcement thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76102
    Old screenshots: http://flatstory.wz.cz/view.php?cisloclanku=2006070002

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314192429343944 ... LastLast