TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lord Hammerarse's Manor T2 FM Oct. 23/06

Lord Hammerarse's Manor T2 FM Oct. 23/06

http://www.thiefmissions.com/info.cg...mmerarsesManor
    I am proud to announce the release of my debut FM 'Lord Hammerarse's Manor'
    this mission was not made as a joke, however the name may make it seem this way...
    I must stress that people read both the objectives AND the mission description to get the storyline correct, as it changes and may seem confusing. Thanks to my beta-tester (ma) Lanfear for pointing this out
    THANKS TO 130 PEOPLE THAT JUMPED on THIS FM IMMEDIATELY!!!!

for those of you who wish to know, this is part of a campaign.. this particular mission is a thieving, sneaking genre
    Last edited by Asgaroth; 23rd Oct 2006 at 11:14.
    lord hammerarse's manor, The Suffer Catalyst
    The city spreads fever-60%on hold Chasm of the undead-40%on hold The last creak of the gear-2%priority

Downloading... and sorry I tried to make another thread, I created it apparently simultaneous with you...

Quote Originally Posted by SethAC View Post
    Downloading... and sorry I tried to make another thread, I created it apparently simultaneous with you...
    I'm actualy glad that you would let people know about it!
    very thoughtful of you!

Nice small fm. Great job. Looking forward to more of your work.

Quote Originally Posted by maloo View Post
    Nice small fm. Great job. Looking forward to more of your work.

my next mission is already far in progress!! it is using more new models, weapons. etc.
    it's only a small mission, true. but the next ones won't be!

nice little mission, guards are fairly awkward to sneak up on in places, loot is a b*gger to find, for a first effort I'd say job well done

I've always looked in certain places for loot and always been disappointed until now, yours is the first mission I've seen that uses these places now I don't feel so bad for looking all these years

one problem ... ok couple of problems

I'm a bit short on loot, 220 short to be precise

and I can't find the way out, I think I know where it is but hints would be useful

and can you get in the armoury ?

Wow, you've done a great job on this mission. I'm playing on the hardest level. I'm stuck.
    spoiler:
    I've got 3855 in loot. Can't find the rest.
    And
    spoiler:
    where is the secret exit?
    You don't have to be obvious, but some hints would certainly help. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    nice little mission, guards are fairly awkward to sneak up on in places, loot is a b*gger to find, for a first effort I'd say job well done

I've always looked in certain places for loot and always been disappointed until now, yours is the first mission I've seen that uses these places now I don't feel so bad for looking all these years

one problem ... ok couple of problems

I'm a bit short on loot, 220 short to be precise

and I can't find the way out, I think I know where it is but hints would be useful

and can you get in the armoury ?
    ok... loot:
    in the little maid's room, attic thing with the victrola, there is a switch behind her big.. brown.. cloths thingy... Closet opr whatever. this opens the trapdoor in the dining room ceiling.
    2 open chests. + coin stack behind second chest!
    in the bafford house, bathroom, sink, ring!
    baffords sons room! there is loot IN the bed, just go to the bed + click. there is scattered coins + golden bottles behind his:
    bed + chest things...
    baffords room, behind bed=loot, in bin>under drawer, purse!
    This mission is going to be used again as the finale of the campaign. thus the armoury is NOT used until then!

WAY OUT!!! in lord hammerarse's personal bathroom, 'neath the sink is a switch, which opens a passage into another room.. fairly straightforward from there!

Wow, you've done a great job on this mission. I'm playing on the hardest level. I'm stuck.
    spoiler:
    I've got 3855 in loot. Can't find the rest.

And
    spoiler:
    where is the secret exit?

You don't have to be obvious, but some hints would certainly help. Thanks
    this any help to you??
    let me know if you have any problems!!

I've just finished up on Easy and I'm going back for a try at Expert. I still have 200g. to find. It's a very nice effort for a first mission and I enjoyed playing it. Thanks!

A couple of suggestions for future missions: Cutting down the lockpicking time on chests, etc. would be a big improvement. I'm not really keen on loot hidden in places where it can't be seen as just walking around, frobbing everything in sight gets a bit old after awhile. I don't mean to discourage you at all, though. I'll look forward with anticipation to your next mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I've just finished up on Easy and I'm going back for a try at Expert. I still have 200g. to find. It's a very nice effort for a first mission and I enjoyed playing it. Thanks!

A couple of suggestions for future missions: Cutting down the lockpicking time on chests, etc. would be a big improvement. I'm not really keen on loot hidden in places where it can't be seen as just walking around, frobbing everything in sight gets a bit old after awhile. I don't mean to discourage you at all, though. I'll look forward with anticipation to your next mission.
    I made the lockpick chest/door times long purposely for irritation + to seem more realistic..
    it's just this mission that'll be that complicated in such respects though
    lord hammerarse's manor, The Suffer Catalyst
    The city spreads fever-60%on hold Chasm of the undead-40%on hold The last creak of the gear-2%priority

Well Asgaroth, that was quite a mission, small but tough when it came to finding all the loot. Your tips did help me.
    spoiler:
    I figured the way out was behind the closet thingy in the big room. Just had a very hard time finding that switch.
    Thanks for the help. The places where you hid some of the loot were very difficult to find. But all in all, I enjoyed it. Took me 1 hour and 25 minutes to complete. Looking forward to your next mission. Thanks!

the exit was where I thought it was then but that switch is a sod

checked everywhere you suggested for more loot and found I'd already been there and cleaned it out seriously stumped on this

oh and I managed to lift a couple of moss arrows out of the armoury by clicking blind round the door

oh and I hate spiders *shudders* that was NOT a nice surprise

oh and if anyone has a loot list for hard please let me know

Oh, what have I done.
    spoiler:
    It seems that some of my FM spilled onto yours. I swear I turned those emiitters off.
    I just downloaded it now, so let me go...

Esme Have you checked
    spoiler:
    on top of the closet things, they are the things that the exit was behind.
    I found a lot of loot
    spoiler:
    on them

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I would like to echo Nightwalker's suggestions. The only good reason to make a lock take a long time to pick is if you have to pick it in a lit area on a guard's patrol route. Otherwise you're just annoying the player for no good reason. Also, I agree that loot should always be partially visible (assuming it's not in a container or niche in the wall etc.) unless it's an easter egg sort of thing. And also, I don't mean to discourage you, it's wonderful that we continue having new authors take on the Dromed beast and create missions for us to play!

Quote Originally Posted by slam View Post
    Esme Have you checked
    spoiler:
    on top of the closet things, they are the things that the exit was behind.
    I found a lot of loot
    spoiler:
    on them
    Yep I've looked there and was pleasantly surprised, first mission I know thats used that area

also
    spoiler:

In the house
    couple of bottles behind left hand wardrobe can't remember which room tho, it is a pain to get to tho
    In the room with the sleeping man
    all the stuff in the bed, under the bedside table, in the wastebasket, in the little box, I seem to remember something on the table too, on and around wardrobes
    Empty room
    on floor round head of bed, on and around wardrobes, possibly table too
    Bathroom
    sink
    Main room
    table
    Attic - accessed by switch behind wardrobe on maids cubbyhole
    footlockers
    Other house
    all the guards footlockers, the maids footlockers, the table in the room with the fire and the girl, the wardrobes in the master bedroom, table I think
    There seems to be a vase on a table with some flowers in in the room with the cthulhu statue (big winged thing) that I can't pick up, looks to be worth about 200, is it supposed to be loot ? that and some coins would be me sorted

found a coin I missed now I just need 200 loot, that vase on the table with the statue is really looking good for that but I really hope that isnt it as I can't pick it up

Esme:
    The vase on the table in the big house is not frobbable. I also found some
    spoiler:
    expensive wine bottles left outside the small house near the front corner.
    If I hadn't been walking with my head down, I could have tripped on them, lol. The only other suggestion I have is for you to crouch down and click on everything. There were places I had picked up loot only to find more when I went back.

That leaves me exactly 100g. short of what I need for Expert. I've got everything else mentioned here, as far as I can tell.

Ah! Got the loot total completed. I found a purse on top of the armoire in the first bedroom on the left in the Bafford house.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 24th Oct 2006 at 10:36.

Congratulation, Asgaroth!
    You've done a very good job! I am glad we got such a young and talented author! Good luck with your further projects!

Good job Asgaroth!

I enjoyed your mission a lot, looking forward to seeing many more FMs from you

that vase was sripped of accessabilty and loot it origionally added an impossible extra bit of loot but after changing it, and the objectives, i assure u that all loot is findable..... eventually...

anyway, on a troubling hand.. the next mission, I have been working on for a lot longer... it was on my old pc that contained drom-eds deadly and so called death stage 12 virus... thanks to otto... for informing me last year i think.. I think this mission(not the one you have downloaded, the one that is to follow) still has it as...

an apparition magically changed its own death stage to 12, thus making it invincible.
    and two texture keep turning to jorge every time i reload the mission

whether i just made a complete fool of myself and am speaking of a dream.. i do not know...
    but my old pc wouldn't let any of my missions be succesful...

I got stuck on this the other day, (and i was enjoying it too), i just couldn't find a key to open that gate beside the house! It looks like everyone else found it OK, except me! Where should i be looking?

I recognized the area right away, as a Komag tut level.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    I got stuck on this the other day, (and i was enjoying it too), i just couldn't find a key to open that gate beside the house! It looks like everyone else found it OK, except me! Where should i be looking?

I recognized the area right away, as a Komag tut level.
    very well spotted sluggs!!!! but just remember that only up to the dining room in the first house was taken from the tut for aid on the magical outdoors...

the key is
    spoiler:
    maids room, beside her bed is a key to a locked box 'neath her wardrobe. the silver key to the gate is in here

and for everyone's information.
    every name (except hammerarse) is taken from real life
    Guards:
    gemmel=david gemmell, author, 'the drenai tales'
    demonaz=guitarist of immortal
    Bentley=kevin bently, an old friend of mine
    Hellmuth=singer of belphegor (3rd difficulty only)
    Sanders=Karl Sanders guitarist + vocalist of Nile
    Glesnes=guitarist + vocalist of Einherjer
    vikernes=Varg Vikernes(count grishnack)the murderer SCUM of euronymous
    Moren=...i forget who this is...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast