TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water contest results released!

Water contest results released!

The contest results have finally been released, you can get them here.

Congratulations to the winners, looks like I was right about who'd come in first and second.

Way to go Yandros, NV, and The Pixie! \o/ Commiseration's to everyone else.

Thanks for your missions, i enjoyed every one of them, and thanks to Komag for the contest.
    Last edited by sluggs; 30th Oct 2006 at 03:38. Reason: Put ze names into a liddle spoiler.

Hmm, about what I had expected, though I was a little surprised by the popularity of In These Enlightened Times, and I thought Lost Souls deserved a lot more Story than 0.5 more than my entry, which didn't really have one...

Congratulations to the winners! I'd like to say "Thank you" to everyone who made a mission. There wasn't a bad one in the bunch and I had fun playing all of them.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I'd like to thank everyone who voted, I'm very humbled reading some of the comments at The Keep! However, like NV, I'm shocked that Lost Souls and Dangerous Conditions didn't score higher in several categories like Story, Atmosphere and Puzzle (apparently some people didn't dig deep for the hidden stuff in Lost Souls). I'd also like to say that were it not for the deadline extension, there's no way WLB would ever have been ready in time.

By the way, I am planning a "full" version some day; it won't be much bigger in terms of space, but there will be significant changes, bringing the mission more in line with my original plan - I had to toss out a number of things for lack of time, like a briefing cutscene. For instance, the original plan for the encounter with Brother Reginald was quite different than what wound up in the contest version. You'll just have to wait and see how.
    Last edited by Yandros; 30th Oct 2006 at 11:04.

Most of The Temple of the Tides was built in the extension. There's no way I would have finished it without it.

Congrats everyone. They were all fun to play.

There seems to be a trend here... if it wasn't for the last minute than nothing would get done...

Congratulations (and many thanks !) for all the missions. There wasn't actually a bad one in the bunch.

I was a little surprised that Lost Souls didn't score a little higher. I rather liked that one,
    spoiler:
    although I got a bit more than expected when I found the one secret ! Evidently she was a wild woman ! The 'revival' potion was a good effect, too. She kicked some butt before the evil guards did her in

The roombrushing of DC was very hard

It would have been easier if I'd just used cylinders because they have a uniform shape along the vertical axis, but you can see when someone's just used cylinders.

Congratulations Yandros, Nameless Voice, Pixie and everyone who submitted to one of the best contests yet (and thanks to Komag for another fine contest).

I find this is a good summary of what made this contest such a great one:
    Average Mission Rating - 6.7 (significanly higher than in Contests 5 and 6)

Well holy crap! Congrats Yandros, N_V, and The Pixie!

My guessing was so dreadfully wrong! I was so sure too...

I was right on all counts except for AKA Noah and Sneaking Through Venice, which I knew where Naks and Vogelfrei, but didn't know which made which.

Admittedly, I knew for certain who made Lost Souls, The Temple of the Tides and What Lies Below...

Congratulations to the winners! Some really good stuff came out of this contest.

BANNED
    Congratulations to everyone, and a special thank you to Yandros who made one
    freaky mission!

Congrats to the winners, thanks to the participants (and Komag, of course).

Interestingly, the rankings of the FMs seem to coincide with size in MB (with the exception that A.K.A. Noah and Lost Souls are swapped).

Congrats to the winners and all who participated. This contest rendered some great missions.
    I knew NV had done The Temple of the Tides, despite his numerous posts where he claimed to be merely a beta-tester and script-provider for the mission.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Congratulation Yandros! Thanks to everyone who made these awesome missions. The best contes ever IMHO!

Archivist

Congratulations to all participants, and thanks Komag for organizing!!
    This is definitely the best, and most succesfull, contest so far.
    All missions were special and I enjoyed playing everyone of them.

It was a great contest indeed. I really liked the theme.

I wanted to congratulate all of the authors but especially AKA Noah author, Volgelfrei, for whom this was a first mission.

Uber props

Ahh, Yandros knows that God is in the details ... a great mission. Hard to believe it was a small contest mission with so much packed in. I can't wait to see what surprises are in store for us in your new and revised version of What Lies Below.

NV's Temple was also amazing. I'm still not all the way through it!

Every one of these missions had something that made it enjoyable to play -- my thanks to those who worked so hard for our enjoyment!

Congrats to the winners . I had geussed it you NV until he threw me off with a post on the temple of the tides thread . too bad it didn't win, I had the most fun playing it(took me a whole day).What lies Below didn't work for me though (I frob the Glyph, nothing happens. so i open it up in dromed and it seems like the glyph controls the door behind it.)It had such a creepy atmosphere especially with the greyscale effect . Also in these enlightened times took me longer, Shirts 7 mrs Toad.

Last edited by taffer9; 2nd Nov 2006 at 22:42.

Am I the only one that thought Nicked did Temple of the Tides? Boy that was a bit of shocker! I enjoyed them all! It was definitely fun playing them. Congrats! to all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by taffer9 View Post
    What lies Below didn't work for me though (I frob the Glyph, nothing happens. so i open it up in dromed and it seems like the glyph controls the door behind it.)
    Someone PMd me with the same problem yesterday. It sounds like the gen.osm which is in the ZIP file (patched version) isn't overwriting the one you have (which is unpatched). Try opening the ZIP file, and extracting gen.osm somewhere. Then, go to the Thief folder where you play FMs through Darkloader, rename the version of gen.osm that's there (or copy it somewhere else as a backup), and then copy in the version from the ZIP. It should work then no problem, but you'll have to restart the mission, loading a save game won't work.

Just got a PM back from him, and it worked for him, so good luck.

OK - WHAT LIES BELOW was the one in grayscale in the sewers, right?
    - TEMPLE OF THE TIDES was the temple one (duh)
    - ENLIGHTENED TIMES was the one that started in the swamp.

In case people forgot - I had to go back and remind myself which was which.
    Last edited by taffedinthehead; 1st Nov 2006 at 08:44.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast