TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T3 FM: Forgotten Stash 03/03/07 Update: German Translations

T3 FM: Forgotten Stash 03/03/07 Update: German Translations

OK, I'm a year late, but my mission is up on thiefmissions.

http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=ForgottenStash

The time has given me a chance to compress it with shadowspawns ibt compressor. 42MB down to 25MB should help some. Also, it will only work with Garrettloader 1.41 or later.

Komag's site has the compressed file now also. I am tweaking and redesigning the mission for a re-release, but I knew if I waited to finish I wouldn't ever get it uploaded. Hopefully soon.

Edit: Here is a newer vesion with German translations. Many Thanks to Beleg Cúthalion for translating everything. I have sent it to thiefmissions but there are others more urgent when Jason get some time, so I have it up on Rapidshare for the time being.

TDS_c6ForgottenStash_1.0a.zip
    Last edited by Bardic; 3rd Mar 2007 at 03:45.

I still have this loot problem with this mission. Think I am missing about 50 gold, although I searched every nook and cranny of this cool small FM. Has anyone found every piece or is it possible that there might be a loot error in the editor like there were errors in Dromed-FMs?

Depending on what loot the NPCs spawn with you can come up short. I really should lower that value and either take the loot off the npcs or allow you to go over 100%

Garretloader Problem

This FM doesn't seem to be recognized by Garretloader. I have it in the right folder, along with three other T3 FM's, and they are on the listing for T3, but not this one. Did anyone one else have this issue?

Upgrade to GL 1.41.

probs

I have probs in playing this mission, I mean that the game shuts down and I'm taken back to windows, I got GL 1.41.
    The problem takes place at the very beginning.
    What can I do?
    Thanks

Does the mission install, can you get to the titlescreen, the briefing, the loading screen, the mission itself? What do you mean by it crashing "at the very beginning"?

Have you installed GL correctly, and changed the T3Main.exe to the correct version? The original T3Main.exe (that comes with the game) just wont load the FMs. And is your copy of the game a (legally) downloaded version, or from a disc?

Have you checked the user.ini has changed *after* it's installed compared to before hand (the mission zip should contain a user_patch.ini of what needs to be in it). If the vertexpools needed expanded past what they are at when it tries to run the level will bomb out.

If the zip file contains any staticmeshes (*.tim files), are they in the StaticMeshes/DynamicallyLoaded folder? Missing staticmeshes is another fatal error (missing textures, sounds, triggerscripts... aren't fatal).

And do you have access to the editor version of the T3Main.exe (T3MainOptVersion.exe, rather than the T3MainRelease.exe you need for GL to work), since that would generate some error logs to give us some more information, stored in your savegames folder I think.

Also, it's maybe worth checking to see if the mission has been packaged up properly - it's easy to forget something, so kick Bardic about it just incase.

Gosh...........

.....How technical you are...................
    I have played 3 Thief3 fan missions with no problem, after installing the t3.
    Now I tried playing Evicted, I played let's say for 30 minutes, no probs with saves and reloads, last time I did reload my last saved game the same thing happened.
    I get everything properly displayed, I choose the difficulty and begin the game.
    I save, and when I reload, loading goes up to 50% and then thief shuts down suddenly.
    It seems that the prob lies in the game loading.......
    I had no probs with the first palyed missions..........

If it's dropping while moving from the briefing to the level (ie, during the Loading screen), the chances are high it's the VertexPools.

In the case of the vertex pools, you should be able to install the mission in GL, so it says it's ready to play, then go to your C:/thief3 folder and find a file called user.ini

If the level has installed properly (and assuming I'm looking at the right mission in my collection), if you read that file with notepad or similar there ought to be something that looks like this:

Code:
    [PCVertexPools]
    ;doubled first number and rounded up
    StaticVertexPool=5621440
    StaticShadowVertexPool=3572864
    DynamicVertexPool=6145728
    If there isn't, add that in to the file then try to play it, and if the numbers you have are lower, increase them to at least match these ones.

And something else which just occured to me - you might have to change the game to playing in English, if it isn't already. I vaguely recall that sometimes weird things happened because we didn't include all the foreign versions of objectives and books and things.

Hi Zieman,
    I post here what's written in the user ini file, if you may give an advice, you know, women are not keen on this stuff.....

[BlockLoading]
    LoadFromResourceBlockFiles=True
    [Source Control]
    UseSourceSafe=0
    [Engine.Engine]
    UpdateGameSys=0
    [PCVertexPools]
    DynamicVertexPool=1145728
    StaticVertexPool=5021440
    StaticShadowVertexPool=5072864
    [HDMap5TextWindow0]
    Text=
    X=201
    Y=157
    Width=75
    Height=28
    [HDMap5TextWindow1]
    Text=
    X=360
    Y=200
    Width=125
    Height=64
    [HDMap5TextWindow2]
    Text=
    X=110
    Y=250
    Width=110
    Height=32
    [HDMap5TextWindow3]
    Text=
    X=215
    Y=265
    Width=100
    Height=64
    [HDMap5TextWindow4]
    Text=
    X=310
    Y=350
    Width=100
    Height=32
    [HDMap5TextWindow5]
    Text=
    X=330
    Y=285
    Width=100
    Height=32

Thanks a lot.
    P.S.
    I run the english version

I think Z is right that it is the vertex pools. I didn't add a 0 to the end of each value beacuse my level didn't need a very big increase. Maga, if you change

DynamicVertexPool=1145728
    to
    DynamicVertexPool=6145728

it should work. The other numbers probably don't need to be adjusted. I probably should have just made them all 5000000 and checked to see if it worked fine.

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try this evening when I come back from work!

Tha guys, it works!

Now - since when you change level in GL that's probably going to go away:

If you open the *.zip file, and change the numbers in the user_patch.ini, you should be able to install and uninstall it as/when you want.

And Bardic, you may want to ask epithmumia to update the file on Thiefmissions so this doesn't come up again later.

Hi Zieman,
    thanks for the advice!
    I wonder how you guys know all this tricky stuff........

It is in the user_patch.ini. I'm not sure why Maga's ini file didn't change to the values like it should have. So to you too.

I really have to get back into the editor and either finish some changes I've been working on, or build some new missions and get them released.
    Last edited by Bardic; 8th Jan 2007 at 21:35.

Sorry guys, but it doesn't work........
    I could play Evicted with the changed numbers, With this mission I also changed the settings in the user patch ini, but when I try to load the saved game I am taken back to windows...........
    What a pity.....................

Try changing the numbers in your normal user.ini *before* you load any missions in GL.

This could just be a bug in GL meaning it's not swapping the higher numbers in, and if that's the case we need to get you in contact with Potterr to see if he can work with you to find out why.

Updated zip with German translations posted above.

Ghost
    I finally got the mission working, but I'm stuck.

spoiler:
    I crossed on the wooden bridge, past the upper-level guard, and hopped down into the garden area. I entered the building on the right, evading the housekeeper who is obsessed with spilt beer. Got some loot, then went down into the basement. I found a key down there, but it doesn't seem to help me get into the locked door just above the basement.

I used the elevator to go upstairs; I found a room with black ghosts, but when I entered, I became very bright, they saw me, and killed me. So that route appears to lead nowhere (I guess that's the "room better left to the dead.")

I don't know if getting to that area required the key I found; but in any event, I have no idea what to do from there. I looked out the window while up high and saw a little shack way, way, way down below... but I don't know how to get there.

So, um, what should I do next?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Ghost

Weird bug - crash

There appears to be some weird bug: whenever I save in the garden area just outside the door of the house, with the stationary guard and patrolling non-combatant, then when I load that savegame, Thief crashes to the desktop. This is true even if I'm saving up on the catwalk above the garden.

But when I save anywhere else, I can load the game just fine.

Anyway, I found the old guy's storage facility, but I'm still short by 45% and one loot item. I have no idea where to go outside of the house -- a few rooms, a basement, an upstairs -- and the storage room.

Where should I go?

Thanks,

Dafydd

There is more past those shadows, I don't know if that will give you enough loot or not. Did you get everything from the Large box/chest in the storage room?

Ghost
    How do I get past the shadows? It's very bright in there, I can't hide, and I just get killed.

Do you mean there is more mission past that point, or just some loot in that room?

As far as the box, I got something out of the box in the storage room, but I can go back and see whether I got everything. I have two of the special loot items (the bird from that room and something else from the bedroom, but I don't know what).

EDIT: I finished the game, everything is checked off, and I'm at the gate -- but the mission doesn't end.

I ran past the shadows in the ghost room, grabbed some loot on the left, climbed down a ladder, got some more loot in a side room, went up another ladder, and out to the ledge. I now have 96% of the loot (90% required), all three special loot items, and every other checkbox checked, including the return to the gate one.

So? Isn't that it, or is there something else that isn't showing up on my list, but is still required to finish?

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 4th Mar 2007 at 21:03.

Yeah, after you go to the gate just back up a step and the mission will end. I have fixed it in my mission folder, but I am still tweaking it before I re-build.

me too,

just like Dafydd, I am stuck. got 2 spec items - missing one!

got the bird and the bedroom one, where's the 3rd one?

sorry Bardic but this thing is buggy!
    1. attic ghosts(?) killed em w dagger. thought that was'nt sposed to be poss!!
    2. went a bit too far after getting back to starting point and the final objective ticked off! it should'nt have since i still have a spec loot item to find!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 7th Aug 2009 at 08:02.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast