TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dromesday Book

Thank you, yes. In fact, there should be a page referencing "legacy" documentation. Specifically, the things created by LGS. (Perhaps with an explanation of the Dromed license and how/why Dromed was eventually released to the community.)

Tried to register. I get the page for nick, full name, email and a code to type in.
    Typed in the code, the page seems to change, but then the same page comes up, all my info still filled in, new code to type. tried twice, nada.

Haven't recieved wmail with password either.

Your account appears to have been created.
    Did you look in your hotmail junkmail for the registration email?
    If you're still having trouble, I can reset your password for you.

I need to add a note about the registration mail getting junked. Either that or convince the spammers to stop using "@whoopdedo.org" in their fake addresses.

(Should I wish for "peace on earth, good will toward men" while I'm at it?)

Sure enough, sitting right there in junk.

And I thought Master Gates was lookin out for me
    (Should I wish for "peace on earth, good will toward men" while I'm at it?)
    i think we have a better chance at that then spammers not using your site name.

Thanks, now to see if i can figure out the Wiki eticut[sic]

I just wrote a CamVator tutorial

Ironically I can't find the link that points to the Links page.
    Perhaps it should go here: http://whoopdedo.org/doku/dromed/using#objects

I've added links to those three sections (property index, link type index, receptron effect index).
    A little messy, maybe.
    I wasn't sure which section to put them under, but at least they're there now.

Well, I had added http://whoopdedo.org/doku/dromed/index a while back, but I guess you didn't notice.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I just moved Tutorials out from under Objects into its own heading on the Using Dromed page, and then added a link to the Glyph Doors Tut that I put in this afternoon.

I just wrote a CamVator tutorial
    Okay, got a couple questions for this (bear with me, I haven't been messing around with Dromed for very long):

Is the "player" link supposed to be Garrett (-2099), or something else? The motion in game is of the player walking instead of the view gliding along like it would on a raft or elevator.

Also, I have the button initializing the conversation in the game, but the motion on the camvator caused by TPath (between TerrPt markers) starts automatically when I go in-game (Alt-G). I had the lever in there earlier to initiate the conversation but nothing happened when I tried using it. Is there a way to get the same button to initiate both conversation and TPath?

You literally type Player because when the game is running, an object called Player will be used to represent you.

The button that starts the conversation could also have a ControlDevice link to the CamVator, which will then travel to each TerrPt on the route.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    The vator is moving from the start for one of two reasons most likely - either the lever you mentioned has its joints set to On, or the vator has the Moving terrain property set to True.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    You literally type Player because when the game is running, an object called Player will be used to represent you.
    I added a glossary entry for Player. And I'll look for a few places where it can be linked from, but keep watch for other places where it might be useful. (I confess to not reading most of the updates from the last month.)

The glossary is easy to fill out, you don't need all the technical experience most of the editors are relying on. It's just simple explanations of the common terms and phrases every Dromeder is going to encounter. And it helps if articles link to glossary terms when appropriate.

And I've just added a definition for Concrete Object.

Oh and this glossary link doesn't point to the correct place:
    Last edited by R Soul; 18th Mar 2007 at 14:29.

Welcome to 2007

I just upgraded DokuWiki to the latest dev (with my personal enhancements). There are some new features that may become apparent as I start tweaking pages.

A new search index needs to be built. So when you visit the site, click on a few random links so all the pages will eventually get re-read.

Regarding dromed:vars and dromed:gamvars... I may want to combine these into a single index. But isn't the menu for these labelled "Parameters"? (I don't have access to Dromed until Monday.)

They are Mission Parameters and Gamesys Parameters.

Menu calls them Mission Parameters and Gamesys Parameters. In their dialog boxes they're called Mission Variables and GameSys Variables respectively.
    I created dromed:vars and dromed:gamvars, but at first I put them in one index with two headlines "Mission Variables" and "GameSys Variables", but then noticed that "You are here:" took first headline and called whole index "Mission Variables". I did like to rename it to "Mission & GameSys Variables", but found no way to do it. That's why I put mission and gamesys variables in different indices. I think it's not wrong as in DromEd they have different dialog boxes.

I don't seem to be allowed to edit my profile page.

I have the "show pagesource" button where "edit this page" should be.
    The edit button does appear on other pages (I think almost every other page)

Try now.

It works

Thanks.

It was the _ in your name. It should be fixed (for real) now.

I've changed the user pages so only you can edit your own page, and you get a namespace for creating other pages.

(All I had done to was explicitly add a permission to allow you to edit that page.)

Yeah, but that's not really in keeping with how it's supposed to work. Doku gives permission to ''society:@USER@:*'' implicitly. It's a pretty new feature and hasn't been written into the ACL editor yet.

I also just put back the customizations to wiki:syntax that I accidentally clobbered on upgrade. Let me know if there's any other syntax that should be documented.

It would be nice if there was a way to prevent an update being listed, because sometimes I might just be correcting a typo or inserting a line break.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast