TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006.11.16: T2 FM: Thru the Lookin' Glass by Schwaa

2006.11.16: T2 FM: Thru the Lookin' Glass by Schwaa

didn't see an official announcement thread, just the upcoming FM preview thread, so...
    It's up at thiefmissions!
    hope this is ok!

I'll kick things off (now that I've played it) and congratulate Schwaa on a very nice mission with some very cool technical feats! I was thinking "blah blah, another mansion" until I discovered the telescope! did you build it by hand? how did you get all of those elements to work together... wow

50 minutes on cutpurse
    3496/3646 loot total
    2/2 secrets, 1 bonus & 1 optional objectives, plus the hidden gas arrow

having a bit of an issue here. I cannot get at the last diamond in the footlocker, you know the one I mean So close but cannot frob it...

Clearinghouse
    I have problem. Chest in telescope room - not frob gems.
    I already replaced Gaylesaver's and Telliamed's scripts.
    Last edited by clearing; 17th Nov 2006 at 09:07.

wonderfull and smart title ! i got to play it now...

Schwaa...in case you find/read this thread, I went ahead and got your FM from CheapM..hopefully no problem will show up as did your email to me for this file and I'll be looking forward to seeing your fancy new objects that your so good at creating

aka Huntress
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

Waiting for everybody to finish downloading so I can have my turn.

*starts pacing*

'k; I'm in.

God I hate dial-up connections!

clearing - did you restart the mission after installing the scripts? I'm afraid there's no other way to get it working.

bob_doe_nz - you'll probably need to reinstall script.osm (get it from thiefmissions) and start again. Some players (including me) seem to have a corrupted version of it, so everyone, the best you can do before starting the mission is replace script.osm to make sure you can finish it.

The only thing left to do after grabbing the diamonds from the chest is to go back, so you don't miss much if you don't want to start again.
    Last edited by snowcap21; 17th Nov 2006 at 10:23. Reason: forgot something

Clearinghouse
    you don't miss much if you don't want to start again.
    I shall try back Very good mission

Thanks everyone. Jason must've got it loaded up between the time i went to bed last night and got up this morning.

Yep, MrMunkeepants, I made all those objects. It's a small mission, but was mainly built just to release the machine. Then my beta testers said the terrain is a little blah, ect... So I kept going, adding a little more here and there, glad I did though, it made it alot better.

Scripts: Yep, you'll need a fresh instal of script.osm and make sure script-t2.osm is not in your T2 folder before playing.

I'm lovin' this one, Schwaa!
    spoiler:
    Especially the bonus of finding all three nebulae. Beautiful indeed!
    An hour into it and still
    spoiler:
    rotating trying to get to the exit under the telescope
    but having fun doing it.

Also enjoyed Trainspotting & JailBreak. So what's next?

A longer city FM, perhaps??? Sans zombies & haunts, of course.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Keeper of FMs
    Absolutely beautiful!
    spoiler:
    The 3 nebulae were a great surprize. And the telescope is a nice peice of work. I also like the auto-close chests.

I had no technical problems at all running through GL. Thanks for a fun time!

how to get started?

For those of us less technically adept, would someone please write up a quick step-by step guide about how to properly set up this FM (and scripts) and to play another FM afterwards without corrupting or destroying anything? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    An hour into it and still
    spoiler:
    rotating trying to get to the exit under the telescope
    but having fun doing it.
    hint:
    you may have noticed that 3/4 of the crawlspace is taken up by machinery, and the only part open is under the large gear. turn it until the gear is over the opening.
    solution:
    I believe there is a readable telling you to rotate it all the way counter-clockwise
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 17th Nov 2006 at 14:36. Reason: spoilers

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Great little fm ! Nice design, I love the new objects, and most of all
    spoiler:
    the telescope
    , furiously well done

And thanks a lot for the french translation, that's really appreciated even if that's not the best I ever read (a few typing faults and bugs with accents, etc... nothing much).

(First I was "ok Schwaa is back so what ?", then I saw the machine and objects : "Ok now HE is back !")

Very nice and interesting mission! I like very much your custom objects, of course! Also, I like that you dedicated this FM to LGS!

BANNED
    Wow! I'll have to get some scripts to make it work right but your new objects are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by lemniscate View Post
    For those of us less technically adept, would someone please write up a quick step-by step guide about how to properly set up this FM (and scripts) and to play another FM afterwards without corrupting or destroying anything? Thanks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's quite easy really:
    Just download and instal tnhscripts and Vk scripts from thiefmissions.com (goodies page)
    tnhscirpts you'll need UserVersion1.2BugFix zip file (containing tnhscript.osm which you will put into your T2 folder.
    VKscripts.zip (contains script.osm and darkhooks.dlx) which need to be put into your T2 folder.

These are the basic custom scripts you need with alot of newer FM's.
    The problem arises from either:
    1-you have downloaded and installed 'Publicscripts' (script-t1, script-t2.osm),
    this is more of a developer/beta test of scripts. Not really meant to be used
    in this state.
    2-You have recently played What Lies Beneath (which is an awesome Fm I
    recommend you play if you haven't). It contains script-t2.osm which was renamed script.osm. Whether or not you uninstalled it with Dark/Garrett Loader, you should still open your T2 folder and remove any instance of script.osm, script-t2.osm, script-t1.osm. Then replace it with a new script.osm from the Vkscript.zip you downloaded from thiefmissions.com.
    I did somehow miss in the read-me, and will fix in an update.
    Works with DarkLoader AND GarrettLoader.

'k; now I can't find the
    spoiler:
    owner's stash that I'm supposed to steal before the other thieves get to it.
    I
    spoiler:
    opened the locker with the key & there looks to be a sizeable stash in there, but no way to frob it out.
    I've been through the
    spoiler:
    tunnels & down into the water (both sides), and still can't find the gems in the last objective.
    What am I missing?

P.S. Thanks, p-cat; I already knew what to do, it just took some time to do it;
    spoiler:
    that telescope rotates very slowly!

Dia, that's the same script problem that has been discussed for most of the thread.

Strange, I never had any trouble frobbing those gems during beta-testing....

That's what I get for speedreading again!

Anytime I start seeing what I think is 'tech-talk' in a thread my brain shuts down.

Thanks, NV. I was starting to make myself crazy trying to frob those damn things from all sorts of different positions!

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Dia, that's the same script problem that has been discussed for most of the thread.

Strange, I never had any trouble frobbing those gems during beta-testing....

Yeah, in early testing Nightwalker was the only one with that issue, solved by reloading scripts (she scared me for a minute), but she was testing another Fm with the other scripts.

Great - before I couldn't pick your loot out of the new footlockers - now after installing the new scripts - it crashes Thief when I open them (using DL btw).......

Get this: ERROR: Add/Remove Metaproperty: metaproperty can't be found!

edit: just noticed that after I get the error (Alt+Tabbing out) and then go back in to Thief 2 - it will let me frob whatever was in there....and play on....

Oh well - it looks good - so I'll just wander around your FM to check it out and not open anything....lol

**EDIT** - nevermind, forgot to install the Dev2 scripts - just in case someone else has these problems......
    Last edited by Garrettwannabe; 17th Nov 2006 at 20:17.

very nice!

Thanks for the help with the scripts... everything worked perfectly. Very nice mission! I completely enjoyed myself the whole way. I loved the
    spoiler:
    auto-close chests! More FMs should have that.; oh, and the rabbits!
    A technical triumph, congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by lemniscate View Post
    spoiler:
    oh, and the rabbits!
    :
    Thanks Yep, had to include 'em. One reason I didn't include a bunch of other peoples custom stuff was because I am building up schwaaobjects.gam. I was going to release it with a 'demo' kindof mission, really just an upgraded 3magestomb. But that got clustered and turned into a test mission for new objs...
    So when I started this I used that gamesys, I figured this way if someone wants to check out props on my stuff they can just look at it, instead of me writing detailed descriptions of everything.
    Be warned though, While I tried to put all the correct props on the hiearchy objs, some of them were 'touched up' and have props on the actual concrete obj too. Not everything is included either, but in time will be.

Garrettwannabe:
    That is something I haven't heard of yet. I've heard back from maybe 20-30 people.
    If anyone else has this prob I'd like to know.
    Do you have tnhscript 1.5.4? i only say this because it's the latest, and I don't think gaylesavers scripts have been updated for quite awhile.

I am working on fixing some script issues per Telliamed.
    Removing duplicated hiarchy/concrete scripts on objs, replacing StdButton with TrigWorldFrob
    (although these haven't seemed to cause problem, I figured it would be good to clean it up a bit before next release).
    Last edited by Schwaa2; 17th Nov 2006 at 20:18. Reason: forgot to respond to Garrettwannabe

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast