Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T1 FM: Gold in Fort Knocks Nov. 27/06

T1 FM: Gold in Fort Knocks Nov. 27/06

a new mission is up at thiefmissions

Just got it, and will play soon.

Sting

Haven't seen one of these in a while.

Stuck

I did the graveyard, crypt, towers, library, and the 2-guards behind the gates where I started. I have no clue as to what to do or where to do it. Just a long list of objectives to complete. What am I missing?

So I guess the beta testing is over? That was quick.

This thing is freakishly hard! At one point I got a message "Mission Compromised" at the top of the screen. Is this a left handed way of saying that I'm screwed?

Nevermind...alarm that I did not hear.
    Last edited by SlyFoxx; 27th Nov 2006 at 21:45.

@ LeBaron: In tower 1 is an elevator...

Ulib

Thanks. I saw it, then forgot all about it.

Good mission

it´s been a long time ago since i don´t play a fm for thief 1, i´m enjoying this mission, sor far now i´ve managed to complete all objectives except one: where do i find Rathbone´s dagger?

cardia1:

spoiler:
    Have a looksee in Tower Two. It fooled me as well.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

Thanks sir Freddiem

the dagger is well hidden in the front of our eyes

I'm playing on Normal this time through and I can't find the Book of Secrets. Where is it, please? Also, how do you get out?

Edit: Never mind! As usual, as soon as I gave up and posted, I found somewhere else to go. My only real complain about this mission is the lighting. When you put out torches you are left in total pitch darkness where it's impossible to see. Only the very oldest of the T1 missions were like this so I know there's a way to avoid it. It would be much more enjoyable with the lighting fixed. I'm still having fun, though.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Nov 2006 at 15:17.

That got me the way out but I'm still missing the Book of Secrets. Help, please?

Nightwalker, look in the engineering section

I have completed my objectives but when i get to the end, the mission won't finish... anyone else have this problem? I am playing on hard BTW.

Hidden in plain sight. How I missed that is beyond me. Thank you!

The description of the object in question mislead us into believing we were searching for something grander.

Apart from the mission not ending, this is a excellent mission DarthsLair. Plenty of stuff to do, guards to knockout, loot to steal and full weapons inventory, my kind of mission! And all of it in just 1MB!

I played on Normal and Expert and it ended properly both times. Haven't tried on Hard yet though.

Stuck again

I think I am missing a section of this mission the entrance to which is somewhere in the blackness. I don't have anything at all that tells me who or where Malaki is, I do not know where the aforementioned engineering area is, and I have 4 rope arrows which I have not had use for as yet. Can someone help me grope through the blackness?

Quote Originally Posted by LeBaron View Post
    I think I am missing a section of this mission the entrance to which is somewhere in the blackness. I don't have anything at all that tells me who or where Malaki is, I do not know where the aforementioned engineering area is, and I have 4 rope arrows which I have not had use for as yet. Can someone help me grope through the blackness?
    spoiler:
    He is in a tunnel accessible behind a stack of boxes in the engineering room

Anone tell me where the medal is?

bobber

Thanks for the quick reply, but where is the engineering room?

Have you been in the Barracks yet? It's off of the Vault room. The Engineering room door is in the Barracks and the keys to it are found there as well.
    The medal is on display in the room at the bottom of the Tower 1 elevator.

The mission didn't finish for me, either (on Expert). Still, it was fun to get back to TDP for a while. It was a bit too easy, though, what with the dozens of arrows and flashbombs available.

For those who find it too dark, you can relight the torches using fire arrows (which you should have plenty of).

Oh, and the dagger was neat.

Are the people who can't get it to finish playing with TG or with DP? I don't know if that could make a difference or not. I use TG.

Nightwalker

Thank you for the help. I finally finished. This mission is fun, especially herding the zombies around while stealing goodies. I liked having that haunt trapped below and lobbing flash bombs on it, too. The one thing I would change is exchanging all the unneeded firepower and rope arrows for a handful of flares.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Are the people who can't get it to finish playing with TG or with DP? I don't know if that could make a difference or not. I use TG.
    Thief Gold of course.

One of the objectives is to not kill any novices, but the mage accidently killed them for me. Of course the objective didn't fail since i didn't kill them, could this make the mission not finish?
    Last edited by shadows; 29th Nov 2006 at 21:17.