TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Crap contest FM: Kill Factory Dec.11/06

Crap contest FM: Kill Factory Dec.11/06

starting a thread just for this, since the stickied thread is getting crowded...

how do I finish this mission? I've gotten all the way back to the starting point, but nothing has changed... pretty sure I got all the levers, and I know I fired everyone...

EDIT for obvious solution: you have to go through the frowny door!

wanted to throw some praise in here, too: from the moment it loaded, I could tell this was going to be good! the sounds and graphics reminded me of Mario, while the obstacles were like classic Soulforge. great job!
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 11th Dec 2006 at 03:34.

i really enjoy this one me too... bless the autor that made it.. this mission bring me to think that is not the "crap" contest but the "fun" contest, that is it should be the right name..!

Clearinghouse
    Yes. Very good mission. On beginning I was is powerfully surprised by graphics and my son has loved this

Yes. At first, I was very sceptical about this contest, but I must admit that some of these 'crap' missions weren't that crap... this one is kind of a chef-d'oeuvre to me. Very original and funny. Congrats to the author, you have zero chance to win this contest. This FM is no crap.

Has anybody spotted da bee?

'yeour fi-red'

It seems the bee only appears if you play this mission in Dromed

Quote Originally Posted by ganac View Post
    Has anybody spotted da bee?

The betatesters obvoiusly weren't able to get rid of all the "bugs"

Quote Originally Posted by Sliptip View Post
    not true; the longer I spent running around in game, the more often I saw it - and the more often I got stung!

Clearinghouse
    I not use DromEd and I see the bee.

That voice sounded a lot like Dr. Sbaitso (an old DOS voice emulator). I'd like to see a special editon, where the author applies the same style to the AI and levers. It makes me wonder how a texture-remastered Thief would turn out; the simplified surfaces work great here.

what a great fm i thort it was really funny and i had no idear it was going to look like that

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I thought surely NamelessVoice made this mission, but after examining the ZIP contents, that would appear not to be the case. Unless he intentionally did some things a newbie might do to throw us off the track.

After the contest, I'm going to dissect this mission to see how all the textures are like that.

(doesn't know how animated textures and sturf like that work)

I hate to rain on the author's parade, but this mission was a total failure. It was so interesting to play and so cool-looking that there's no way it can be called "crappy." I want to see more missions like this!

hey i saw the bee and she killed me... surely a bug.. p.s. why we never used more animated textures like that ??

This is a super mission! I loved it from the first second I started and it's far from crappy so I can't vote for it in that category but it should surely win for most original, if we can vote for that! I really think these missions should be in the "Weird and whacky" contest. Most of them are great fun to play.

With a nudge from someone, I figured out who made this finally by poking about in Dromed.

Have there been any good guesses yet as to which one Yandros did? It's drivin me nuts

hmmm... i belived that The Dude made this one... but probably i'm in wrong

I haven't figured out who made it, but one of the non-mis files is very interesting.

I understand the firing part, but who would hire that crap anyway?
    Last edited by john9818a; 19th Dec 2006 at 16:27.

but probably i'm in wrong
    Hmmmm... probably.

I can't imagine there are many people who could have made it. It's very clever (so that counts me out).
    Last edited by The_Dude; 19th Dec 2006 at 20:00.

I thought this FM was very clever. At first I thought I was in a Spy vs Spy cartoon. After alerting the employees with the explpsions, it was funny to see then "fire" themselves.

I think when the authors are revealed, everyone will see the author of Kill Factory and go, "Oh yeah, wow, that makes sense now even though I didn't think of that person before!"

Have there been any good guesses yet as to which one Yandros did? It's drivin me nuts
    I've seen a couple of guesses that were wrong. My mission was rather... uninspired. I only spent 3 or 4 days on it because I'm in the midst of trying to finish up two serious missions before the end of the year (one will make it, the other will probably be early January). Someone did manage to correctly narrow mine down to one of two in email, and I went ahead and revealed to him which was mine. But I suspect he'll behave and keep mum about it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    Hmmmm... probably.

I can't imagine there are many people who could have made it. It's very clever (so that counts me out).
    hmm.. i don't think so.. i think that you are smart, very smart.. isn't it ?