TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM 12/12/06 - The Folly of Youth by The Dude

T2 FM 12/12/06 - The Folly of Youth by The Dude

Has anyone played this one yet? It's on Cheap Missions--no link from the front page yet, but it's listed on the missions page. I like the plot idea! Looks cool so far!

A new mission? Wow, I'm on it.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

I wondered where this mission had got to!

I tested this ages and ages ago and I thought I'd never see it get completed. I also had totally forgot who the author was, so I couldn't find out where the mission had got to!

I'm rather glad this is finally finished!

This one has been in development on and off for about 2 years though I kept getting distracted by contests and the like!

It's far from perfect but I want to move on now. It takes a little time to get going but hopefully everyone will enjoy it.

Is anyone experiencing slow d/l speeds? I've only managed to d/l 7MBs in 2 hours...

This is a very fun and interesting mission. I've played it quite a few times over the last year or so and I still enjoy it. I can highly recommend it!

Congratulations on the release, The_Dude!

There is an area in the inner courtyard where Garrett falls into solid space. Is this intentional?

Where does all these guys are comming from? Everytime I turn around, there is another one walking up the corridor.

I had much fun playing this mission so far.

Congrats on the release The_Dude! Hmmm... nice title screen.

EDIT: Removed totally crass sexual innuendo.

There is an area in the inner courtyard where Garrett falls into solid space. Is this intentional?
    Oddly enough no. Can you describe where exactly?

Where does all these guys are comming from?
    It's a busy place.

Hmmm maybe I should have listened more to my beta testers. I was trying to make the level dynamic.

Has anyone found the alternative to lockpicks yet? I have found 10 keys so far but other than a big hammer no luck. Any tips would help. Great mission bye the way good job.

I can't DL it.

stuck

maloo:
    spoiler:
    in one of the guard's quarters there are some toys--two of them should be what you're looking for

i'm stuck myself:
    spoiler:
    down in the secret crypt with the bone dudes there is a casket plaque that says "St Catherine..... light her way to see the wonders of the Builder" I have two candles but I can't seem to use them anywhere nearby. Help!

Fall into solid space: near one of the conifers, close to the outer wall. One step forward and you are doomed:

Lockpicks:
    spoiler:
    There is a bed room with a small table in the center of the room with some toys on it. One of them is a Toy Spade, another one a Toy Pick. Those two items are your new lockpicks.

Found another Bug: one of the Hammerites with an essential key on his belt was standing in his locked room on top of a table, screwing the mission since this guy didn't follow his patrol route anymore. So there was no way to get the key other than using Dromed to put him back on the floor.
    Last edited by SinisterShadow; 12th Dec 2006 at 20:29. Reason: Added a screenshot

phedre You have to travel back to the church on the main floor of the building to find where to use the candles.

SinisterShadow - That never happened to me during betatesting. I hope it's just a random thing that not too many people run into.

I should probably wait until after finals to be playing this (especially after speeding through the Crap contest), when I will have had more sleep, but...

how do I get out of the gardens? all I can find are locked gates and no keys!

You mean the first outer gardens? You need to find a key that will unlock the gate that was to the right of the front gate (opposite the hill you climbed up at the very beginning). One of the patrolling guards is wearing it. Once you get into that area, you get into a shed. Pick up the ladder as well as your equipment then head back through the grounds to a spot where there's a note from the girl (I forget her name) and a light patch on the grass. "Use" the ladder on it and it will lock into place.

Totally cool FM - but unfortunately I'm finding that I'm spending more time in Dromed trying to figure out WTH to do/go...lol

All I know is my
    spoiler:
    keyring weighs a ton (up to 17 keys so far) and I still need more evidently...

I'm stuck with
    spoiler:
    only the first 2 doors (that I know of) to the left as you go down the stairs from the church that I can't find keys for...

I can't find the keys to the following:

Meeting Room
    Private Prayer
    Meditation Room
    Captain Mainwaring's Room
    spoiler:
    Razzle's hidden safe

spoiler:
    The banner in the guard barracks with the small toys: Trying to cut it down with the sword makes it clang, so I'm assuming there's a secret back there, but I can't find out how to activate it. Same thing with the banner in the room next door.

spoiler:
    Candles: I found one and figured out where to use it, but where's the second one?

I'm playing on easy, if that matters. Thanks in advance!

Ok, three sheds, no ladder.

Garrettwannabe,
    these two doors were the ones I couldn't open too. Until I realized that the guy carrying the key is just on top of a table in one of those two rooms, unable to get back onto the floor to follow his patrol route.

Ninive - just went into Dromed and checked the banner ?
    spoiler:
    The switch is on the other side so you can't reach it from that room. It's a secret passageway from the room with the spinning Hammer and the 2 gems in the pools. That doesn't make sense though - because you can't rope arrow up to the platform in the room - so I have no clue how you're supposed to get up there (unless you use the flying potion).....

Quote Originally Posted by ganac View Post
    Ok, three sheds, no ladder.
    I got stuck here as well - you have to
    spoiler:
    pick the key off the guard at the last shed - which is right before you get to the courtyard where you need to put the ladder. Then you go back to the start point and the gate to the right should open with that key. The shed with the ladder is in there. I had to use the key 2 times on the gate to get it to work for some reason.....

stuck (again)

ok i made it to

spoiler:
    the bone king's chamber with the four little rooms. i only have two monkey heads--should i have found more? i appear to need two more. i got the one from the gardens and the one in the kitchen--where are the other two?

other candle

ninive:

spoiler:
    the other candle is in a secret crypt. to get there you have to slash a banner in one of the rooms--i can't remember what it's called but it had a small altar with some smoking goblets. then when you use that other candle a sarcophagus in the crypt will move to reveal yet another area.

ninive,
    Banners: check out the beds near the floor.
    Candles: the second one is in the crypts.

phedre,
    I know of one more head: in the graveyard there is a fresh grave with a vase in front of it, use some flowers on the vase

Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast