TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: The Living City

The Living City

I can't find any posts on this TG FM. Stuck at the bottom of a ladder. How do you get to the other side of the wall?

Ricebug

I haven't played this one for many years so I'm a bit foggy on it. Can you please be more specific about what ladder and where it is in the mission?

Edit: I just replayed it and the only ladder I can find is the one that leads to the church grounds. As far as I know there shouldn't be any way to get into that area except by opening the wall and climbing the ladder. Did you find some way to open the gate into the church grounds?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 15th Dec 2006 at 13:13.

This was an early-era FM, largely/mostly unfinished. That's according to KOMAG's site anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep of Metal and Gold="http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/text/livingcity.txt"
    Code:
    Terrible texturing - bad designs - an awful and unfinished
     Dromed test it seems - do NOT waste your time loading this
     one up - what can I say I'm an honest man!

Thanks Nightwalker, but I think I'll take Metal Dawn's advice and move on to a better FM. Reminds me of the days when people were churning out DooM levels that sucked harder than Richard Simmons at a sailor's convention.

Ricebug

I remember this mission QUITE well...
    Though I did like how the place was being laid out, the only thing 'living' in this city is the bug that makes the AI go bananas whenever you do a damned thing. I wish someone could someday go and 'fix' the old levels made when everyone was still learning Dromed... but that's a stupid dream alrighty, what with the stuff that's being released nowadays -
    "Hey, now that heist Society is done, what now guys?"
    "Let's see if we can get permission to tinker with Escape The Bear Pits for a few months!"
    "YEAH!!!"

I have just loaded this mission via both Darkloader and FMsel choosing to play on expert but after i select play it defaults automatically to 'normal', can some please load this mission and confirm that it is not my Thief install causing this issue, but a bug within the mission itself

(btw i have cleaned up my files, but still occurs)

Thank you

Edit: checked with another virgin install (olddark) and it is the same, this is yet another bug in this mission.
    Last edited by fortuni; 31st Jan 2015 at 08:34.

Hey look, there's a mission in this bug!