TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Freedo Finds One (12/26/06)

T2 FM Freedo Finds One (12/26/06)

New fm at http://www.thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=FreedoFindsOne

Analysis: "Newbee", not a ghosting mission. Equipment store empty. Some walls impervious to sound or others invisible sound proofing. Doors move through walls. In readme, Author admits no beta testing, or not trying it. That statement is open for interpretation.

Diagnosis: Requires SEVERE beta testing. Did I mention it is a n00b mission?

Design overall look great for a first mission. Beta testing is CRITIAL. Game should be very good after further maintenance and testing.
    Last edited by ganac; 27th Dec 2006 at 02:39.

bikerdude

bug free

I have beta tested this and this release should be bug free.

biker

Fun mission, very good for a first timer especially However, I am having a little trouble. Can anyone tell me how to
    spoiler:
    find the Hand That Feeds and the key that will open the chest in the bottom of the bank.
    Thanks!

This mission is great, I love it!

Gish.

spoiler:
    Look very closely in the same room you found the haunt.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

Gish:

spoiler:
    Look in the secret tunnel near the vault for the key.

Quote Originally Posted by ganac View Post
    Diagnosis: Requires SEVERE beta testing. Did I mention it is a n00b mission?

Design overall look great for a first mission. Beta testing is CRITIAL. Game should be very good after further maintenance and testing.
    What mission did you play? This is a really good mission; especially so for a first effort.

Great job, CloakedInDarkness, I'm looking forward to your next mission.

Quote Originally Posted by JACKofTrades View Post
    What mission did you play? This is a really good mission; especially so for a first effort.

Great job, CloakedInDarkness, I'm looking forward to your next mission.
    Thank you very much "Jack" I hope everyone enjoys it.

ganac -- Please see "My Sincere Apologies" thread listing my 7 Beta Testers!

Regards,
    CloakedInDarkness
    "Methinks the times, they are a changin".
    CID

mickey70
    as it was i enjoyed your mission very much, i love a small mission that manages to pack in a few different scapes (i can never get enough of tombs and underground settings- even better when i'm not expecting them). knowing that this is your first, i am also very impressed! nice job.

seconding what mickey70 said...
    I'm still looking for 2 secrets (I have the bottles in the sewer and the ship's wheel by the vault) and the Hand of Glory...

well ive done everything so far but how do i get out .. do i go through the secret doorway in the wall outside and if so how do i open it ?

Spoilers

Mickey70 - Thanks
    MrMunkeepants - Thanks, and here are the four secrets:
    spoiler:
    In alley behind bank on east wall; look behind barrel by large crate, low to ground is a small switch; to open secret door on North wall of alley.

spoiler:
    Book switch in bank presidents office opens secret door to basement.

spoiler:
    Rotating valve in sewer by waterfall. Opens stash of fine wine in gold bottles.

spoiler:
    Ships wheel in the banks vault room opens a secret banner door.

Vipercat - Here's the way out. After completing your objectives,
    spoiler:
    go back to the park area and jump in sewer taking the South tunnel (the one by the wood shed). Climb up and leave thru hole in wall.
    That's it.

Hope everyone enjoyed my first mission. I'm working on the sequel now.
    spoiler:
    Old Garrett is a little p______ at finding the empty vault and the letter addressed to him personally. He's looking for Cap't Davidson, and his hidden stash.

CloakedInDarkness
    CID

ah, thank you CID - for the help, and the great first-effort! there were some bugs (windows that could be leaned through, roofs that floated above their buildings) but it was both forgivable and made-up for. at one point the water all disappeared visually, but still existed to swim through... which was odd

as for the secrets, I had come up from the back into the office, so I had discovered the secret, just not the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    as for the secrets, I had come up from the back into the office, so I had discovered the secret, just not the trigger
    I did that as well.

Loved this mission. Thank you for letting me find a Dewdrop dolly!!!
    I never had trouble playing this game, just didn't find all of the secrets. Better next time .........

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    I have beta tested this and this release should be bug free.

biker
    I haven't seen many bugs... maybe two or three, but many object misplacements or duplication throughout.

So far I have ghosted everything outside, bank basement and second floor, but keep busting when I drop into the water below the elevator. I did have to douse one torch in one outside building, so technically it may be a bust, but no one has seen or heard me.

Ok I take it back. I did manage to ghost past the haunt, but when I realized that I missed the large pub, I said forget it and BJ almost everyone.
    Last edited by john9818a; 29th Dec 2006 at 00:26.

Thanks CloakedInDarkness great first effort and looking forward to the next
    Things that try to "look" like things often end up looking more "like" things than "things"

Hello,
    I can't find Julianna's Rosary!

@ Eternauta - in the center of the park near a memorial/prayer stone

Had fun playing this mission. But found the hand only with help of the forum.
    Thanks a lot, CloakedInDarkness.

[QUOTE=UliB;1540989]@ Eternauta - in the center of the park near a memorial/prayer stone

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Loved this mission. Thank you for letting me find a Dewdrop dolly!!!
    I never had trouble playing this game, just didn't find all of the secrets. Better next time .........

Gloria Creep
    GC - You are welcome! You know, for some reason, every mission I play I always look for "Dewdrop". Ha Ha

Thanks to everyone for your comments. I'm sorry for some duplications of objects, and the water problem? I don't know what to think about the water problem; but please know that this mission was intensly played to try to find bugs. The only problem I have is that I only have one computer set up, and with all of the differant video cards, set up's, memory, speed, etc.; alot of these things might have been cured, if I had more than one system.
    Overall, I did the best I could and anything that my Beta Testers found, I corrected immediately. So; when my sequel is ready, please note that I'll do my best to have it as good as possible. You'll note that I didn't say perfect, cuz' in Dromed or as I like to say, Drozilla, nothing is perfect, is it?
    Happy New Year to all of you.
    CloakedInDarkness
    CID

Ghost
    I've ghosted everything so far except for a few areas where a minor error by CID made ghosting impossible. CID, next time you beta test, get Peter Smith or me to ghost-test for you!

spoiler:
    1. In two places, progress was blocked by boards that had to be sword-smashed. This is a ghost bust (destruction of property); but there is no reason not to make the boards frobbable -- it's the equivalent of Garrett realizing that he can quietly pry them loose without smashing them up. Either that or remove them entirely, or replace them with a hatch-type door.

2. In the vault, to get the ring, Garrett must actually jump noisily into the water below the lift. But you could as easily have made the ring frobbable from the floor -- meaning Garrett was able to reach his arm down into the water and grab the ring.

Other than these, the rest was quite ghostable... even the loot behind the bar in the big, brightly lit pub! (That one required some heavy-duty and nerve-wracking nudging of the bluecoat, but I managed to do it without alerting him.)

Note to john9818a uptopic: using water arrows is not per se a ghost bust, so long as you don't alert anyone. You're thinking of "Supreme Ghost."

However, I don't know where the park is; could somebody direct me? Thanks.

Dafydd

Dafydd

spoiler:
    Look for the area with water.

Hard to believe it was your first FM as it was so good !
    You even put in those lights that come on when you enter the room !

I like first FM's because they always have lots of loot (even in toilets) and lots of secrets :-)

Great job C.I.D. !

Anybody know where the
    spoiler:
    ring
    is?? I think it's in the
    spoiler:
    basement
    , but where??

Never mind! I found it.

This is a very good FM!
    Last edited by Slingblade; 30th Dec 2006 at 17:41. Reason: No response required

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast