TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Secret Breaking Of A Pyramid 30/12/06

Clearinghouse

T2 FM Secret Breaking Of A Pyramid 30/12/06

Zmey's new mission, Secret breaking of a pyramid (Тайный взлом пирамиды), is finished and available for download. It can be found here.
    Screenshots.
    Last edited by clearing; 10th Apr 2007 at 08:19.

Download site not working

dont work for me either. maybe there is already 20 taffers downloading.

Here's an alternate link (Just in case)

Scroll down the page a little and select "Download for free with FileFactory Basic" then get rid of any ad that appears, then select "Click here to begin your download"
    Last edited by sluggs; 31st Dec 2006 at 01:58.

Thanks Sluggs....downloading now

I'm enjoying myself here! I have a feeling that some won't though, due to all those Spiders/Scarabs, whatever they're meant to be.

Oh dear! I'm getting crashes to the desktop!
    Last edited by sluggs; 31st Dec 2006 at 02:14.

Thanks a lot for the new mission.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    due to all those Spiders/Scarabs, whatever they're meant to be.
    For this you have much gas arrows

Oh dear! I'm getting crashes to the desktop when some rocks vanish!
    Strange.

I didn't realize I had all those! I was running around in circles slicing them with my sword! I beat those little fellow's though!

The crashes have gone now.
    Last edited by sluggs; 31st Dec 2006 at 02:52.

I hate to say it but so far I feel this should have been in a spider killing contest . These spiders are really p#$%$% me off and the fact that there is so many of them is totally unnecessary. Even on the easiest setting ! And yea I know I have a ton of gas arrows but how do I know I wont need them later. If I use them so much now and find out the only way to beat the mission in the end is to gas freggin spiders and I have none I may be scarred for life as far as Thief is concerned. Oh ! The agony
    Sorry...I am just venting but I know I can't be the only one who is in a rage over this mission. The spiders I mean !!!!!! If the mission stay's this way I will consider it a major whaste of time ! No mission...not even "Kill the Guard" in the crap contest has ever irritated me this much. Why wasn't it just called "Kill the Spiders" ?

I think I will just quit for now and see what this forum has to say once more people have made their posts. I am sure the Taffing Sadist will love it. And forget about Ghosting if you consider your cover blown by attacking spiders.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 1st Jan 2007 at 07:43.

Well I think it's a very entertaining mission, and the design is great. I do however experience crashes
    spoiler:
    every time I try to read a certain scroll in a small chamber filled with loot.

Hope I can complete in spite of that.

Dling now! Hope the spiders are not as bad as the poster above said, that could kill it. But I am thinking positive..lol Can not wait to play!

Sting

bikerdude

keys etc

Right, ive killed all the spiders, and explored all that i could...

I have found 3 keys so far, and used 2 of them
    spoiler:
    but where the hell do I use the ruby key

biker

GS - where is that room your refering too..?
    Last edited by bikerdude; 31st Dec 2006 at 16:10. Reason: still cluless

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    Right, ive killed all the spiders, and explored all that i could...

I have found 3 keys so far, and used 2 of them
    spoiler:
    but where the hell do I use the ruby key

biker
    spoiler:
    go up for grand gallery to chamber look the floor

uuhh, i'm stuck. i've been to
    spoiler:
    the room with the blue gems on the walls and the sarcophagus with the rolled up green treasures (not sure wat they're called).
    now where do I go???

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by thief0 View Post
    uuhh, i'm stuck. i've been to
    spoiler:
    the room with the blue gems on the walls and the sarcophagus with the rolled up green treasures (not sure wat they're called).
    now where do I go???
    spoiler:
    Go up the very long hallway, you`ll find another room, the door may be open and you`ll see another room to loot stuff from, but be warry of traps..

biker
    Last edited by bikerdude; 31st Dec 2006 at 17:50.

ok, then wat??? (sorry...)

I agree 100% with Lightningline . This is the worst mission I can remember in my 6+ years of playing Thief . We are not in the early days when authors were charting new territory - there is an editors forum , tutorials , customs objects , sounds , etc. , and beta testers galore . Worse yet despite the fact most missions are getting better and better , it seems that the really bad missions are getting more frequent . From bug ridden missions that are not beta tested to missions like this , we are not doing our selves any favors by putting this stuff up for public consumption . If I were a new player and this was my first impression of Thief missions I would promptly uninstall and shelve my copy of Thief .
    I think it's time we as a community agree on a rating system and become a little more critical . I used to think that everybody needed encouragement to make these things , but I was clearly wrong . This mission shouldn't have left the authors hard drive .
    Last edited by bdkl; 31st Dec 2006 at 20:00.

bikerdude

WTF......

Quote Originally Posted by bdkl View Post
    I agree 100% with Lightningline . This is the worst mission I can remember in my 6+ years of playing Thief
    For a start the guy is russian! the forums you speak of are predomently frequented by english speaking taffers which is going to be much help to him/her

No matter how bad a mission is, authors new and old always need encorougment. As you know these FM's are a labour of love. He/She didnt have to spend his/her free time (and lots of it) to make this mission. Attitudes such as the one ive just read wont encourage/motivate people to make missions in the first place... .

happy new year to you to taffer

Lightning: I wasnt having a a go at you specificaly. There are ways of killy the spiders, with even just a sword as I did and not getting a single bite! the trick is to throw the torch a head of you and then the spiders then trickle down towards you where you can pick them iof 1-3 at a time..

biker
    Last edited by bikerdude; 31st Dec 2006 at 21:46.

All I said was It was irritating. The spiders I mean. Big time ! I never said it was bad or told the author to go back to the drawing board. To anyone to whome this is your first mission it is irritating, at least to me. So keep trying other missions if you dont like it. There are many that are not as difficult or in your face with enemies. Some people will love it. Dont let this one discourage you. I also think it could have used some Beta testing. Every time I even approached a wall the spiders came right through before I started to break it down and I would stick to the rocks and get bit to death. Very upsetting. While I realize FM authors need encouragement they need to be encouraged to get their missions Beta tested to . They do Beta test in Russia dont they ? Ill wait for V2 if there is one. BTW..are the spiders like this through the whole mission? Sure I could make it through easily...I have, at least to the lower hall ,but I like to be able to sneek by things and not loose half my health and 1/3 of my weapons and the mission barely started. Not everyone is going to love every mission.

Your right Biker..my way to get the darn spiders is to leave the torch behind and go back to get it after killing said spiders for it only attracts the spidies more. But they still shouldnt be abel to come through solid walls. I am sure the FM author did the best he could but if beta tested he may have been
    abel to get rid of that problem had he known it was a problem before release.

Heck..for all I know he may have intended it to be that way.

Happy New Year ya all
    Last edited by Lightningline; 1st Jan 2007 at 07:54.

I have no problem to play this fm is easy and i like , enjoy

I'm stuck where BikerDude was with not knowing where to use the 3rd key. I don't quite understand the hint he was given. The only place that I've found to use another key on is in the sand dune room, but when I try the key on it all Garrett says is "Hmmm". Could someone give some clarification to where I need to use this key??

Quote Originally Posted by bdkl View Post
    ..............I agree 100% with Lightningline . This is the worst mission I can remember in my 6+ years of playing Thief.................
    You obviously didn't play any of the crap missions, Bestest FM, or DreadComplex, which are alot worse than this(not saying this mission is bad, I quite enjoyed it)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast