TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Reflections," T2 FM Ready for D/L

"Reflections," T2 FM Ready for D/L

Reflections is ready for download on my site until it ends up on the Cheap Thief Missions site. I notified them a couple of days ago.

Get it here until then.

Enjoy,

Ricebug
    Author of Bad Blood

Congratulations on your release.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

Clearinghouse
    Last edited by clearing; 17th Jan 2007 at 23:28.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Downloading now! After all the discussions and screenshots in TEG I can't WAIT to go in game in this mission!

hi guys, Im looking forward in playing this mission but I am having problems. I read the note that Garrett has on him and all of sudden I am looking towards the ground.Even when walking Im looking towards the ground. Every time I try to look up it brings back to look towards the ground. I am getting frustrated. Has anyone encounter this type of problem. I got out of the mission, then go back in as new but to no avail. Need help real bad.
    thank you
    Silent Warrior

Strange that, it didn't come up during beta.

This is a nice FM with some nice effects.
    spoiler:
    The notes beside the cells are funny, (especially when the player is involved!) I find that kind of thing surreal.

The mission is a little buggy in a couple of places. There was some invisible object blocking my way in the large blue room, and there's a weird rendering error where you can see a large flat object just beyond the blue room. (It looks like fog covering the floor!)

Me being me, finding ways to break missions, found myself falling through the floor at one time, and getting stuck down a toilet! I also had a swim in that fancy water. (It's not very difficult to scale a surrounding fence, even if it's invisible!)

Loved the readables!

I haven't finished this yet. I'm still looking around for a microscopic item. Off to the cells with you Ricebug, for making the player search for a tiny item.

PS. Oh yeah, that movie... It's a bit on the silly side!
    Last edited by Sluggs; 18th Jan 2007 at 02:39.

I noticed the weird fog thing in the blue room as well. Great textures though. I have not been able
    spoiler:
    to find the ring. I have been everywhere and found all of the secrets and I still cannot find it. Any hints?

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    I noticed the weird fog thing in the blue room as well. Great textures though. I have not been able
    spoiler:
    to find the ring. I have been everywhere and found all of the secrets and I still cannot find it. Any hints?
    MxLeader:

The corridors surrounding the Blue Room has statues and Hammer Artifiacts.
    Just behind one of them is Granny's ring.

Funny thing happened to me...

I completed all but the final objective. Went to the kitchen and roped up to the secret. Mission complete...
    Now I just need to find the switch to get that secret

The Auntie's ring objective didn't tick off for me either. Also never saw the avi - what triggers that

Ditto here on Auntie's ring: I've checked behind and around each and every one of the artifacts (only one statue - the one blocking the secret entrance & no ring there either), but there's absolutely no ring to be found. It's my last objective.

I think I've already found all the secrets & loot (maybe).

Help, please? Thanks.

The mission was more like a tech demo of the reflections. It only took 20 minutes to finish (the ring was the first thing I found! ).
    But the mission is very nice and good to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    The Auntie's ring objective didn't tick off for me either. Also never saw the avi - what triggers that
    I haven't had time to play this yet, but it should be a briefing vid, meaning it should play when you start the mission. If it doesn't, but normal vids do (like those from the OMs) you probably need the codec for this one to see it. If normal vids don't play either, you need to reinstall the Indeo codec (see the FAQ thread in the General Thief forum I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by SethAC View Post
    The mission was more like a tech demo of the reflections. It only took 20 minutes to finish (the ring was the first thing I found! ).
    But the mission is very nice and good to play.
    I agree the mission looks great and there are a few interesting secrets. But overall I found it less than compelling. Too much tongue-in-cheek humor and the 4th wall is broken way too often.

You also find a lot of equipment that you figure you might need for future objectives, but nothing pans out. Am I missing some huge area or something?

Also, I am pretty sure I got Aunties Ring
    spoiler:

On the desk in the hallway where the bookshelf conceals the secret passage
    but it was treated as regular loot and the objective didn't tick off.

Wow, i can see this mission was appropriately named.

I picked up the ring before i explored the area beyond the blue room and the objective ticked off, but i left that objective for last and when i picked it up again at the end of the mission the objective doesn't tick off.

Also got the layer of fog problem in the blue room, the 'fog' is not persistent, it appears and disappears when i look in different directions.

Also suggest setting the sound of the invisible barrer around the big pond at the start of the mission to neutral instead of the wood sound, just for immersion sake.

And i knew Garrett was good, but heck! he has no reflection in the polished surfaces! Ah ha! I knew it, Garrett is a vamp!

Well done on this mission Ricebug and co, it's a technical breakthrough.

bikerdude

classic

quicl lil mission, the dungeon bit made me laugh :-)

biker

I think this is a classic example of the less the more. The title was certainly "reflective" of the content but although I thought the reflection technique was impressive it was a little overdone IMHO. It would have been better to have had just one or two reflective surfaces and spent more time on the rest of the mission.

The
    spoiler:
    ring
    objective did not work for me either. I assume as it is loot it will only tick off if you pick it up before picking up any other loot but I haven't checked that. It still begs the question "How was this not picked up at beta?"

I gess everyone found the hidden wine botttles in the
    spoiler:
    kitchen.

I did make one interesting discovery tonight though, you can blackjack an iron beastie to death! Is this well known? I also ended up with quite an arsenal but nowhere to use it?

I believe the "fog" artifact is a video card problem. None of the 5 beta testers reported it.

The mission shouldn't be taken too seriously...lots of grenades just to fool around with. The reflections were overdone only to show the different ways you can implement the effect. One reflection I did not do was the "mirror in the bathroom," where the player wouldn't see himself. Too fake, unless you do a vampire FM.

Sounds like a bug or two needs to be fixed with an update to follow (as usual).

Ricebug

I really liked the reflective stuff as well as the architecture, but I still haven't been able to locate the ring. Unless I picked it up already and it didn't tick off the objectives. I was disapointed when I found
    spoiler:
    the huge pile of weapons after I had already dispatched all but two guards and a robot.
    I mean second effort.
    Last edited by mxleader; 19th Jan 2007 at 21:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    I believe the "fog" artifact is a video card problem. None of the 5 beta testers reported it.
    I don't think so, it's not fog - it's an object. It looks like one of the floor objects from the other room extends into that room, but is only visible from certain angles.
    Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    Good job for a first effort.
    It's his second mission.
    Death's Cold Embrace - Info and screenshots

I double-checked, and there's no object extending into the library. My nVidia card doesn't show anything out of place at all.

Maybe Windows Vista will solve all our compatibility issues. (And if you believe that, I got a Playstation IV to sell you.)

As far as "overdoing" it, the whole inspiration behind this FM was to poke fun at things that have been overdone time and time again--undead, a bazillion keys, tedious mazes, pointless back-stories, etc.

Ricebug

Has anyone mantled onto the invisible pond top? Nice view. I also became trapped by climbing onto the shed roof and over the fence into a no-go zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    I double-checked, and there's no object extending into the library. My nVidia card doesn't show anything out of place at all.
    I see this too, but like others have said, only from certain angles. I've got an ati card.

I also had this strange visuals in the library (have a Geforce 6700 XL) and my mission already ended when I were in the dungeon and entered the guards-room so I'll never know what's inside

But anyway I enjoyed this mission veeeeery much.
    Thank you for the great work - and the funny texts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast