TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Heart by Cardia1 (16-02-07)

Broken Heart by Cardia1 (16-02-07)

I hope Cardia1 doesn't mind me giving you this FM already. It's been sent to thiefmissions.com but I thought I'd upload this for him elsewhere, so everyone can start enjoying it NOW!

Clicky (Link updated to the latest version)

Scroll down the page a little and select "Download for free with FileFactory Basic" then enter the code that appears and you're about done!

This is a very nice mission, BTW.

PS. Screenshots of this mission can be found here thanks to LadyJo.

Note: There is an updated New Dark version of this mission. The thread for it can be found here.
    Last edited by Sluggs; 18th Feb 2007 at 19:25.

You're a good pal to do this for us Sluggs....no matter what the others say about you.

A headstart on a new FM....Good as it gets! Thanks

What's up with that link Sluggs? I got redirected to the point where I gave up.

Nevermind I figured it out.
    Last edited by mxleader; 16th Feb 2007 at 02:32.

Bumped off everybody but
    spoiler:
    how do you get to Isildo - I can see him through the grills in the floor on top of the wall, I can throw flash bombs at him - but arrows or mines won't go down.
    I want him!

There are also several invisible objects in some rooms
    spoiler:
    - room 3 I think when you try to get the key from the bottom of the wardrobe. I couldn't get anywhere near it - saw the bottom door moving in space so I then leaned forward and I was shot up into the air. I eventually had to crouch in front of the invisible object and frob like crazy and found the key.

Great little level and those coward guards kept running away all the time.

I fixed most of them by
    spoiler:
    climbing over the wall onto the verandah roofs in the centre of the building and chasing them into mines I had planted earlier.

Much fun - thank you very much. But I want
    spoiler:
    Isildo!

spoiler:
    I'm stuck in the library. Is there another key in there?

spoiler:
    Also, I was able to climb over the wall and outside in from the library. I went to the far wall and crouched and was able to go around the invisible wall. I had fun running from all the guards. Then I was able to mantle over the invisible wall and get back into the library. I'm guessing that was not supposed to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggs View Post
    I hope Cardia1 doesn't mind me giving you this FM already. It's been sent to thiefmissions.com but I thought I'd upload this for him elsewhere, so everyone can start enjoying it NOW!

Clicky

Scroll down the page a little and select "Download for free with FileFactory Basic" then enter the code that appears and you're about done!

This is a very nice mission, BTW.
    Send the link to Digital Nightfall to Thief The Circle, there are hosted the new fms.
    Last edited by Sensut; 16th Feb 2007 at 05:33.

@mxleader - look
    spoiler:
    down low in one of the bookcases - hard to see

Congrats on your new mission Cardia1!

I am having the same problem as teemac killed everyone but can't get to Isildo

I like the castle and the music. Some objects are not entirely solid and i can peer inside them, not a problem as far as I am concerned but thought you might like to know. Some stairs need to be fixed. When I get near the last flight of stairs in the corner in some of the towers, I get easily stuck and I have to jump to get up them. Not ideal when being chased by a horde of guards!

This mission reminds me of another FM called Voices: Betrayal

Yay! A new mission and a heavy one too. I'll comment/edit when I've had a go. It's nice to get my hands on something fresh.

Problem solved! Mission Complete!

teemac Go back to the weapons room and underneath the shelf in one corner of the room is a switch that opens the door Isildo is in! I knew from the start every room you go into allows you access to the next room, so this pattern should apply to the weapons room as well! and everything fell into place. But of course once i picked up my sword i had other things to deal with.
    Last edited by shadows; 16th Feb 2007 at 11:12.

i didnīt know...

i didnīt know that my new fm has been already released here, thanks sluggs , well iīm glad to know that you people are liking my new fm, but i canīt uderstand how you people love to climb invisble objects, and canīt understand how do you do it, i thought i had everything well barried , please people invisible objects are no suppose to be climbed that wonīt help you to conclude the objectives.

Thanks Shadows...

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Congrats on your new mission Cardia1!

I like the castle and the music. Some objects are not entirely solid and i can peer inside them, not a problem as far as I am concerned but thought you might like to know. Some stairs need to be fixed. When I get near the last flight of stairs in the corner in some of the towers, I get easily stuck and I have to jump to get up them. Not ideal when being chased by a horde of guards!

This mission reminds me of another FM called Voices: Betrayal
    Thanks Shadows, always working to please you all

@Cardia1 - climbing invisible things.

Sorry can't help myself - when I see a locked door I have to try and get in - when a barrier stops me I have to find out why it's there - if there is a window up high I must get up there and look in.

Didn't mean to break your map - but it was fun climbing places where the guards couldn't get to me, then pick them off one by one.

Again - Great map - had lots of fun with this little one.

You'll have some fun when you're down to the last few guards in the Castle and all they're doing is running away from you! I had fun chasing those around the Castle
    spoiler:
    until I remembered the speed potions, then it became too easy to catch them!

This mission has some nice architecture. Pedro has done a great job! I love all the fancy window frames and the fancy bits on the ceilings.

The original music was a bit OTT and I ended up getting an headache whilst testing. This got changed to the new ambient music you hear in the FM now.

I donīt know....

.....but it looks like Iīm totaly blind.......I have tke Room 1 key, the WC key, some valuables. Whátīs to do next?

edit: Oki, I WAS blind, I have it....
    Last edited by Kiz; 16th Feb 2007 at 13:53.

Each room has something in it that will enable you to proceed further.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggs View Post
    You'll have some fun when you're down to the last few guards in the Castle and all they're doing is running away from you! I had fun chasing those around the Castle
    spoiler:
    until I remembered the speed potions, then it became too easy to catch them!

This mission has some nice architecture. Pedro has done a great job! I love all the fancy window frames and the fancy bits on the ceilings.

The original music was a bit OTT and I ended up getting an headache whilst testing. This got changed to the new ambient music you hear in the FM now.
    Thatīs right the ambient music was suppose to be "cardia" from the french music producer Stephane Drí aka Scan X, but after Sluggs tested it , he told that the music was not fitting well, so i search here in my discoteque some propper ambient musics for haunting castles and there i found a good music from philiph Glass from the new version of the movie " the beauty and the beast" itīs a classic movie and very good one, i recomend anyone to see it, as for the architecture thatīs what is more important to me in a fm, and thatīs why i will work always harder on it, so people count with a new big mission with a quake 3 style architecture next time, letīs see how much time do i take this time to build it

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    I saw him trying to walk out of the room he was it, but the door was locked. He just walked as if it wasn't there.

I need some more ammo.

Edit: Ok all of them are down, but I still need about 60 loot.
    Last edited by john9818a; 16th Feb 2007 at 22:09.

Finally got
    spoiler:
    Isildo. Get him to chase you up the stairs to the top walls, then run back down and lock his door again. He can't get away - keeps running around and tries to hide. The odd arrow or sword thrust and he runs again.

Much fun - will play it again and try some more different things.

Thank you for a small compact fun map.

Cardia1,

Great mission. Thanx a lot. Nice different gameplay.

Isildo:
    spoiler:
    You can attract him to the door (before you open it), then just hit him with your sword. Stand a little to the side of the door. He is easy to reach (this is common to all missions). You can also open the door with a fire arrow.

How do I get the
    spoiler:
    armory key in the royal chamber? I know where it is but I can' t reach it. I t jumped on to the bed from the cupboard to get it but now I can't leave the bed (I'm not ill, by the way).
    From outside the bed I can' t reach that damned key and it is not possible to jump onto the bed .

I love the music but I hope I will meet some people soon cause I feel so lonely.

ok people iīve made an update

here what iīve change so far now: Isildo wonīt be able to open doors, his helmet can be crushed with a fire arrow , in room 2 and 4 people wonīt get so easly the keys without finding its switch, and people wont be able to jump over the balcony from the library to the outside. and thatīs all i changed, hope youīll play it this time:http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...dENwM2w1VEE9PQ

just place the file "miss20" inside the fm zip

this is my last update
    Last edited by Cardia; 17th Feb 2007 at 07:27.

thanks teemac

Quote Originally Posted by teemac View Post
    @Cardia1 - climbing invisible things.

Sorry can't help myself - when I see a locked door I have to try and get in - when a barrier stops me I have to find out why it's there - if there is a window up high I must get up there and look in.

Didn't mean to break your map - but it was fun climbing places where the guards couldn't get to me, then pick them off one by one.

Again - Great map - had lots of fun with this little one.
    if you play my new update you wonīt be able to climb the invisible objects

Thanks Karstenpontoppi

Quote Originally Posted by karstenpontoppi View Post
    Cardia1,

Great mission. Thanx a lot. Nice different gameplay.

Isildo:
    spoiler:
    You can attract him to the door (before you open it), then just hit him with your sword. Stand a little to the side of the door. He is easy to reach (this is common to all missions). You can also open the door with a fire arrow.
    with my new update you wonīt be able to atrract Isildo outside the door

Aaarrrgghh! Unable to download from filefactory; any idea when this FM will be available at thiefmissions? (I realize Jason's a busy guy; just wonderin'.)

Thanks!