TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Business by Dr Sneak Feb. 24/2007

Dr Sneak,

Great work. Thanx!

Thanks Dr Sneak.

What a great way to spend a sunday afternoon. I have really enjoyed this mission.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

Sluggs,

You mentioned
    spoiler:
    playing through Cragscleft again

Is there a way to get into
    spoiler:
    the prison proper?

Maybe I missed something. Anyway, great mission, Dr. Sneak!!

Neither download sites work for me

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

@Gloria
    did you enter the captcha?

There is a form on both pages, where you have to enter a few characters before you can download.

I GET THAT NOW!!!

Dank je wel!!! Thanks!!!! Never heard of the captcha! nevertheless: a BIG Thank you to you!!!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

i loved this mission, i played on normal and i didn't kill anybody but at the end stats it said i did, i was also only 100 loot away from getting it all

i'v played the thief series for six years and this was a good mission and i guess thats saying something

Very nice indeed. This mission encouraged sneaking and well timed movements. Finished (expert) just over two hours...200 short on total loot...no damage received...successful Iron Man...no alarms triggered.

Some of the city textures could have been better plus there were certainly polys left for a bit more detail. But that's a minor criticism. All in all...well done Dr.!

I agree with Sly on this one. Good FM; lots of sneaking and stealth required. Also, imho, plenty of satisfying opportunities for blackjacking (yes, I'm a blackjack-junky and lack the patience to properly ghost a mission). AI were alert enough to provide a moderate challenge. Graphics could have used a tad more detail, but then again I'm one who's already been spoiled by some of the newer textures/architectures that have been introduced into the T2 FMs recently ( ). I also seemed to have a minor problem with hearing some of the conversations that took place; they sounded a bit garbled or muffled. Could've been my pc, though it wasn't so bad that I didn't get the gist of what was being said. Both graphics and sound items were minor and didn't detract greatly from my enjoyment of this FM though.

A good job overall and very much worth playing. My sincere thanks to the author(s)!

P.S. A very hearty thanks for not having
    spoiler:
    included any zombies/haunts/spooky-things! It's refreshing to play an FM of this type without happening upon a bottle of holy water and having my stomach drop knowing there's going to be undead/haunts to confront later.

Finished on hard in 1 hr. 47 mins. with loot to spare (only a few hundred short of total loot available).

wow, that was really fun. I kept grinning like a loon when I recognised bits of cragscleft - I thought the "mechanisation" of the mines was done really well. My one complaint was it was over too quick! I really wanted to have a cool twist add new objectives and continue the story! Hopefully there will be a sequel to this, perhaps we find out what the keeper key unlocks!

Plus it was really cool seeing those Egyptian textures in a different setting to my own mission!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Plus it was really cool seeing those Egyptian textures in a different setting to my own mission!
    You'll be seeing more of them tomorrow.
    Death's Cold Embrace - Info and screenshots

Thanks for a great mission! it was fun to play!!!
    I liked to enter the Cragscleft mines again

Gloria Creep

Add date

[ Please add date to topic so it's easier to see when it has been released ]

Thanks , that was a dandy little mission .It had just the right amount of switches and loot to make things interesting with out bogging down the game play . The textures , objects and sound seemed to be nicely done as well .

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggs View Post
    Here's an alternate download link.

Thanks for the mission Dr Sneak. Looking forward to playing it.

Sluggs...tried your link but got an error message...out of range or something..I didn't register for free download..just went directly to their link for free download further down on the opening page. I really don't want to register...so I guess I'll try later somewhere else? How about Komag's place...has anyone sent it to him ILO cheap missions in the meantime? Thanks

BANNED
    I've already sent Komag an e-mail.

My favorite part so far is the ambient sound that is so nostalgic of the original missions. There is nothing quite like those creepy sounds.

Great mission. Had a lot of fun with this one. Nice atmosphere, and it was great to run through a 'cleaned up' Cragscleft and revisit the familiar places without having to worry about undead.

I loved the egyptian textures below and got a good chuckle out of the 'stargate' down there, though was a bit disappointed it didn't work. Nice touch, though.

Did have a bit of trouble finding the keeper artifcact. . .only to discover it was behind a locked door I'd run past three times. Duh. Guess thats what I get for playing so late at night.

Anyway, really enjoyed this one. I look forward to seeing more like it.

Nice work! Real industrial Thanks!

you're in good company Dr Sneak when you get a compliment from a master taffer like Sensut .

Took a break from MoH to blow off some stress. I just finished this and I must say that I enjoyed every minute of it!

Thank you for the nice break!

-Rob

BANNED
    Nice to see everyone enjoys it, don't know when I'll do another FM but I'm kicking around some new ideas.

The sewer-water looks good, Dr Sneak. I don't remember it from the Water Contest FMs, though. Is it new?

If you make another mission Dr. Sneak, make it bigger and put more bad guys in it. You do great work, but I wished the mission was a lot longer.Hopefully you can figure out the crashing problems so you can make them bigger.

BANNED
    The sewer-water looks good, Dr Sneak. I don't remember it from the Water Contest FMs, though. Is it new?
    It's from ZylonBane's SHTUP texture pack for SS2. SS2 uses the same engine so it works fine in T2 as well.
    Hopefully you can figure out the crashing problems so you can make them bigger.
    Well, if I remember correctly-putting the whole of original Cragscleft+reworked OttoJ stuff+my own stuff put the brush limit over 4000 which is a Dark Engine no no.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast